Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

on 4/30/2013 12:03:00 PM

hey now!! i fuggin love this powder i had the regular version a while ago and lost it i then decided to try the green one which was the "luminous version" i effin love it...the smell is not bad im so used to it that it doesnt phase me at all. i have dry skin in certain areas and this doesnt make me look cakey or patchy and when i set my foundation with it it melts into my skin the sucky part is that when first applied i look really pale but thats ok because im naturally pale anyway. but what i really really love about this powder is that it makes my face look dewy and not at all matte i mean yes somedays i prefer a matte look but 90% of the time i like to have a glow/dewy finish to my skin and thats exactly what this powder does for me not to mention i absolutely love that i use this as my cheek highlighter and its perfect!! the only gripe i have with this is the horrible packaging i wish i could travel with it to touch up when needed but i cant lug the container around without ultimate spillage but nonetheless, this powder is wicked and ill keep repurchasing til they discontinue it...... sike!!! thatll never happen its already been out for what seems like 60 years hahaha

on 3/31/2013 9:47:00 AM

The trick to this product is finding the right color. After you do that, you'll wonder how you lived without it. This review is not for transluscent (which is just way too pale for me) but for Naturally Neutral, which has more color.

Great powder. Milled very fine. Does not collect in pores or fine lines, just smooths the face and sets foundation. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and it makes my skin look awesome. Only a little teensy bit is needed, and I use the puff that is included. This is a another trick, do not overload the product on your face.

Has not irritated my skin in any way or broken it out. I am bipolar when it comes to the scent, one day I love it, one day I hate it, but at all times I'm able to at least tolerate it enough to get the powder on my face. And the scent fades almost immediately after you put the powder on your face. Oh and I have finally figured out what the pattern is on the package. I thought at first it was a Chinese design, at least, it looked Asian or Oriental to me, but what it is upon close inspection is little powder puffs, all over the top. So now you know!

on 2/18/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most powders I use are over priced and just sit on top of the foundation making it look caked on. This although, is better than most. It helps smooth and set the foundation. It prevents oils and shininess on my face. Sure the smell isn't the best but it does not irritate my eyes like others. I love that you get so much for the price.

on 2/17/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great scent. Great coverage. Great price. A true classic. Found this little gem Wiki-
''In 1934, Coty collaborated with famous costume designer Léon Bakst to create the look of the Air-spun powder box. It became so popular that soon afterwards Coty launched the Air-spun powder scented with his most popular perfumes, such as L'origan and Emeraude."

The package design is really cute and vintage looking!
I subtracted a lippie for the small color range. Anyone darker than an NC40 is out of luck :(

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to buy this product after reading all of its good reviews. After one use, I want to throw it away. First of all it smells like an old lady. Secondly, the powder just looks horrible. It doesn't blend into the foundation and just looks like a bunch of powder sitting on top of your face. I even tried to help the powder settle with a setting spray, with no such luck. It's just a horrible horrible product. I guess you get what you pay for.

on 11/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You get what you pay for. I hate the packaging it's extremely messy. I am oily and this does not help. It also offers very little coverage. Since the price was cheap I thought I would try it.

on 11/12/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I have very oily skin, and it keeps my t-zone pretty oil free. I might need to bolt it off at the end of my work day, but it lasts the 10 hour day just fine. The smell is a little old lady like, but I don't mind it at all, and once it's on and buffed in, it goes away. It can get cakey, so in those cases, I'll spritz some of my ELF mist and set over and it's fine. I will definitely cross the border, to repurchase. Probably not for awhile, for a little dab will do you :)

on 10/6/2012 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pros:
+Cheap - $5.97 at walmart
+Comes with A LOT of product -2.3oz or 65g
+I actually like the scent - I can't really smell it on my face after i've applied it
+Keeps my face matte - I wore my makeup for 12hrs and i still looked fresh :D
+Does have coverage -light
+Sets my makeup well - makes me look airbrushed
+Don't need a lot to set/blend my makeup
+Doesn't break me out

Cons:
-The lid isn't really secure, like you can't twist it close..

Overall: To be honest this was an impulse buy haha but i'm so glad i bought it I LOVE this, it's my new HG powder and i really don't want to try any other(:

on 8/12/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
Good coverage
Good price
A little goes a long way
Keeps t-zone oil at bay

Cons
I hate the smell
Can look powdery and cakey if over used
Messy packaging, gets everywhere when I use it

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First off this stung my skin when I put it on. I'm not sure if it is the fragrance or some other ingredient but it was like the first tingles of glycolic acid or something. DNW

Second of all, it left an ashy cast. I am a NC45/50 and I wanted a translucent powder to set and finish my makeup. This was visible when I brushed it off. It may be a technique issue but I also purchased the L'Oreal translucent powder and didn't have the same issue.