November 27, 2014 | 989 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Shiphrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I have very oily skin, and it keeps my t-zone pretty oil free. I might need to bolt it off at the end of my work day, but it lasts the 10 hour day just fine. The smell is a little old lady like, but I don't mind it at all, and once it's on and buffed in, it goes away. It can get cakey, so in those cases, I'll spritz some of my ELF mist and set over and it's fine. I will definitely cross the border, to repurchase. Probably not for awhile, for a little dab will do you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Millare101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Cheap - $5.97 at walmart
+Comes with A LOT of product -2.3oz or 65g
+I actually like the scent - I can't really smell it on my face after i've applied it
+Keeps my face matte - I wore my makeup for 12hrs and i still looked fresh :D
+Does have coverage -light
+Sets my makeup well - makes me look airbrushed
+Don't need a lot to set/blend my makeup
+Doesn't break me out

Cons:
-The lid isn't really secure, like you can't twist it close..

Overall: To be honest this was an impulse buy haha but i'm so glad i bought it I LOVE this, it's my new HG powder and i really don't want to try any other(:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Good coverage
Good price
A little goes a long way
Keeps t-zone oil at bay

Cons
I hate the smell
Can look powdery and cakey if over used
Messy packaging, gets everywhere when I use it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sternieberniebaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off this stung my skin when I put it on. I'm not sure if it is the fragrance or some other ingredient but it was like the first tingles of glycolic acid or something. DNW

Second of all, it left an ashy cast. I am a NC45/50 and I wanted a translucent powder to set and finish my makeup. This was visible when I brushed it off. It may be a technique issue but I also purchased the L'Oreal translucent powder and didn't have the same issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by makelmg

I have pretty good skin other than 3/4 blemishes and acne scars. I was trying to use a mac foundation and it would only make me break out more and make my blemishes I already had look worse. After I read the good reviews about this I decided to go buy it! It was only $6 at walmart. I also purchased a concealer and I figured that those two things were all I needed. I conceal my blemishes and than put this powder all over. I am obsessed and I even love the smell! My skin looks airbrushed and flawless, I couldn't be happier! Love finding new HGs!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

HG, hands down. Airbrushed oil control at a great price. Mac blot doesn't hold a candle to Coty Airspun for me, and is 3x the price, too. Mac blot caused breakouts for me, but I kept using it anyway because of the wonders it did for my oilies. Well, never again will I suffer through the cystic acne Blot gave me when a $7.99 product from my local drug store does (dare I say) even better than Blot, without the breakouts! My face is thankful for Coty Airspun, but sad I didn't learn about it earlier in my grease-ball life. Imagine all the shiny-faced photos that will haunt me for life simply because I never knew to look down at the tiny Coty shelf in my Walgreens *sigh*.

As for packaging and scent, the scent is definitely noticeable upon application, but I really don't mind it. The packaging I found mine in is the round, plastic casing with a puff and softer holes. I really don't have a problem with this, either. I do actually use the puff to apply the product, then buff away the excess with a large powder brush. Maybe I'm not supposed to, but I also use this to set concealer under my eyes- and really haven't noticed much creasing from it. Comes with tons of product. The finish this powder gives is smooth like porcelain, and definitely lasts longer than any other I've tried. I want to shout Coty from the rooftops...Oilies, unite!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by nini805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only powder that actually has a matte finish on my and doesn't look cakey! The only things that bother me are the packaging and the smell...but for how much product you get? It's a lot! And all for $5-6 at Walgreens :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Ginal514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder has been around for a lifetime and with just cause, its pretty amazing stuff. As like many other reviewers have mentioned it is assessable, affordable, and dam good. Works wonderfully as a setting powder or alone to mattify the face. The smell reminds me of old hollywood glamour and disapates soon after application. And not to mention one of these may last you more than 2 years because you only need the smallest amount. HG for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I don't like wearing heavy makeup and the older I get, less is more. I use it over Neutrogena Healhty Skin Enhancer tinted moisturizer and have a beautiful end result that lasts most of the day. Feel like I'm not wearing makeup, I look natural but polished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product already, as I've used it for years. I love vintage products, and this powder has been around since 1935 for a reason. It works. It comes in a round plastic container with a screw-top - not as cute & vintagey as the old cardboard container, but much easier to deal with and definitely less messy. It has a nice vintage fragrance, Coty's L'Origan, although if you're sensitive to fragrances, you may find it overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the scent, and don't find that I can detect it after application anyway. The powder itself is lightweight and lovely. It covers well, is sufficiently mattifying, doesn't turn orange, and lasts for hours. I use either translucent or translucent extra coverage. Overall, a very high quality powder with drugstore availability and price. Price is under $8 at Walgreen's, near the makeup brushes & nail tools. This is my HG powder and I will keep buying it as long as Coty keeps making it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No