April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Foundations - Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by VrViolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is only based on my sink type........
I tried the Faerie Organic Foundation Samples I ordered. My skin got a really tight felling as soon as I applied the foundation to my face. My checks started burning really bad. I had to immediately wash off the foundation. I will stick to my non organic Bear Minerals. :( Sad. I was really hoping the whole Organic thing would work out for me....:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Carys

I love Faerie Organic's mineral foundation. Mineral foundation is the type that's best suited to my skin, but previous bad experiences with Bare Escentuals' products turned me off from loose mineral foundation years ago. Every time I went back to BE, I had to stop for the same reasons: irritation, itching, and breakouts. I even tried Laura Mercier's mineral foundation, but the coverage was just so-so and her product would oxidize by midday, leaving my skin with a slight bit more orange than I would have liked.
I read about Faerie Organic being a good alternative to Bare Escentuals on an online acne forum, so I checked them out and bought their sample kit. I first tried the airbrushed variety (the one with the dewy finish) with their sheer veil powder, but despite their claims that it's appropriate for all skin types, my skin produced enough oil that it made me look too shiny by the end of my work day. Then I tried the full coverage (matte finish) with the matte veil powder. It was perfect. It gave good coverage, it survived my work day, and its color stayed true and did not oxidize despite my tendency to get shiny.
Now, I use the full coverage foundation in medium golden, the matte veil powder, the Flower Child au Naturale primer, and their concealer in medium. It provides sufficient coverage to conceal redness from breakouts and evens out my skin tone with a natural look. Most importantly, I have not suffered from irritation or breakouts since using Faerie Organic. The full coverage matte foundation also provides much better coverage than Bare Escentuals'. I also love that the matte veil powder has kaolin clay in it; between that and the silica and rice powder in the primer, the oilies strike way later in the day than they used to.
During a month or two during the winter, I did find that the full coverage with matte powder did leave my face looking a little overly done, but I suspect that it was the dryness that was the problem. Now that it's early summer, however, it looks completely natural. Next winter, I'll try using the airbrush version with sheer veil to see if that mitigates the "powder face" winter look.
I've turned some of my BE-using friends on to Faerie Organic and they've made the switch with me. We love the lower price point, the better coverage, and the gentleness of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lisasmith0112345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like some of their products, however, their customer service leaves something to be desired. Sometimes they reply and others, they wont. Apparently, they only desire to reply to certain e-mails and do not answer their phone. Every time I've ordered it takes a long time to ship then wont reply per my request on the order status. I became quite frustrated and went on an online quest for another company and actually found two that I prefer over FaerieOrganic now.
Makeup Artist's Choice and Cory Cosmetics are better and have great customer service.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysRosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used bare minerals for roughly 5 years prior to finding this product, stopped using upon discovering it was the reason I was breaking out. Faerie Organic has been pretty good to me .. I'm not entirely convinced that the Mica in it isn't giving me clogged pores/breakouts (as per Mica is known for that).
Overall, I think this product is ok, I feel good about telling myself it's organic, and it's not overly expensive - though I'm not sure it's doing me any good. It could be a great thing for those who aren't acne prone or overly sensitive. I would also be weary of reading reviews on other sites as I've heard the owner of the company posts reviews. I will continue to buy until I find something better (the search continues!).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Rockz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used Bare Minerals, great coverage BUT itchy feeling, especially when I was in the gym, when I started to sweat a little ( yeah I wear a little foundation in the gym ). So I was searching online, for reviews on some good mineral foundations, and many people were pretty excited about Faerie Organic. I ordered a sample pack, with different colours in the FAIR line, and fairly light was a good match, and I had to admit the coverage was pretty good.My face looked less greasy by the end of the day, and very important: No itching! Now my acne.. well let's just say that 50% of my acne went away when I started using this. I'm using acne medication now, and I use this foundation everyday, and my skin is getting clearer each month. I don't think a HG foundation for my skin exists, but this comes pretty close!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I was a Merle Norman devotee until they CLOSED the one and only store within 500 km from me last year. I have been searching far and wide for the perfect mineral makeup that would give me the nice dewy look without being sparkly and FINALLY I have found it. I am just sad that I bought a big order or EDM because this blows it out of the water. Also, even though the samples come in the baggies (which I hate), they gave more samples than I ordered and generous amounts. I haven't tried the blush but I'm very excited to buy some more products from Faerie!! DEFINITE recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Tiffbee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! My skin looks amazing, all flaws are minimized. I have very sensitive acne prone skin and have problems with breakouts to most foundations I have tried, but not this one! My skin looks flawless, I feel like I can finally leave the house without being self conscious about my acne. I would highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered samples in the airbrush and max coverage foundations and thank goodness I didn't buy the full size. I asked a girl on here what makeup she used because her skin was just breathtaking and this the brand she was using. Glad it worked so well for her, but no dice for me. I tested the samples a few times and when the makeup was on my skin it was beautiful but when I washed it off I had tons of huge HIVES. It also left a small burn mark on my jawline! :-( I've never had this happen with any other makeup product. It took my skin about 2 weeks to get better. I have used Aromaleigh's Pure Powder in the past with no problems. I also sampled BE, but it was way too shiny for me to really give it a chance. If you do want to try Faerie Organics, get samples first. Overall I do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered from this company back in the fall of 2008 and I can't believe how much their prices have risen! Their foundations used to be $12 bucks! Yes literally $12 bucks! I haven't gone on to their website for quite a long time because my mineral foundation lasted me a looong time. I still have some left =)

Anyway to get on with the review, this would be my favorite mineral foundation because it gives you this really dewy fresh look and gives you medium to full coverage. Its very buildable, which is what I really like. If you have deep scarred acne, it will give it some coverage but you would still need a bit of concealer.

For a mineral foundation I am surprised at the lasting power (5 - 6 hrs) and the fact that it does not clog my pores. If you want to wear it the whole day, then I suggest wearing a good face primer because it will stick for a longer amount of time. I actually wore the Faerie Organic foundation for my senior prom and it did its job.

I like wearing both liquid and mineral foundations. Mineral foundation are usually what I wear more for the day time or if I feel like going more for the natural look. This foundation does give you a very natural look and is extremely light on the face. The only problem I have with this is that the price has gotten more expensive. But I really would recommend this for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sweetzms

I have this foundation in medium-beige and I absolutely love it. I've never been a fan of liquid foundations because they melt off my face and make me look greasy so I always stuck to powders. About 2 years ago I was searching the internet for an organic mineral makeup because everything was causing me to break out. and i came across this one. I gave it a try and I love it. It doesnt make me look powdery or shiny like everyday minerals did. It just looks like my skin but dewy and glowy. I have this in maximum coverage and it covers my blemishes pretty well for a powder foundation...and I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask. I use the everyday minerals flat top kabuki brush to apply this because I really like that brush..(I havent tried the faerie organic powder brush yet) Overall, this foundation is very good but it is a little expensive...but then again it lasts a really long time because a little goes a long way. I will definately keep purchasing this.