August 28, 2014 | 1112 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

www.meowcosmetics.com

COLOUR:
I was completely overwhelmed by all the colour choices available but I posted a picture on Meow Cosmetics forum and got excellent help from a lady there. She suggested about 3-4 different shades and one of them was perfect. To be honest, since there is very little difference between some shades you can probably use several of them and still look good. I match with Frisky Chatreux (wear Revlon Colorstay foundation in Buff) and that was the first suggestion from the forum too :-)!

PACKAGING
Packaging is ok, nothing great to be honest. It does the trick but isn't pretty or anything. I buy the (huge) 30g jar which comes with a sifter on top. It's just a normal plastic jar with plastic lid..

SHIPPING
I was living in Sweden when I bought this (now living in Ireland) and it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get there which isn't bad for US post.

REVIEW
I'm really pleased with this foundation, the colour match is excellent and it does an excellent job at toning down my Rosacea redness and giving me even coloured skin. What it won't do is cover big blemishes very well, so I use a separate concealer for this (right now Clinique airbrush concealer).

There are several different fomulas to buy:
Purrr-fect Puss - original formula
Pampered Puss - for sensitive skin
Flawless Feline - for heavier coverage
I ordered samples of the different formulas and was full sure I'd choose Pampered puss since my skin is so sensitive due to Rosacea. In the end I found the original formula, Purrr-fect Puss the best, Pampered Puss felt too chalky (?) and Flawless Feline too cakey. Purrr-fect Puss is just perfect :-)!

I find that glycerin really helps take away any flakies (common problem with mineral foundation) but since I have broken out from glycerin I just use a teeeny tiny amount on my cheeks and just normal moisturiser on the rest of my face. Works great! This is my daily foundation but it really doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all - which I love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by katy24

Meow cosmetics is a company with a cute gimmick-everything has a feline reference.They have more foundations than any mineral company I have investigated and that is why I ordered from them.A chart provides matching with BE colors but this company has so many variations in pigment that it is truly just for reference.It's fun just to try and match yourself up to a category of cats and colors!I chose Purrrfect 3 Naughty Himalayan and Purrrfect 2 Frisky Mau.I am a medium in BE,sometimes med-beige and these 2 colors are very close.The finish is exceptional-these foundations do not have to be buffed-in at all.I used my MAC 190 and got a great coverage,I also used my MAC 182 buffer brush and this actually gave me a more traditional mineral look,very light second-skin.Purrrfect is the lightest coverage version of this brand.I believe there are 2 others which give varying degrees of coverage depending on what your individual needs are.I thought the colors were too light because in the jars the product looks lighter but when I shook the powder out it looked much darker so don't be fooled-use it first before judging the color.This is the finest milled powder I have ever used as foundation.Very easy to build with no caking.No itching,no streaking,excellent long wear(8hrs. plus).Proudly made in the USA,shipped out of Pennsylvania.Samples start at $! and you do receive samples in baggies with your order.Just stick your brushes right into the little bags and try them out.Lots of fun and worth checking out!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No