Ecotools Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

4.6

OMG THESE ARE SO CUTE AND AMAZING AND USEFUL. I use them everyday and its a nice bonus that this brand is cruelty free and more eco friendly then many brands out there, high end or drugstore.
I got this at my local drugstore for almost $20, which is a bit expensive, but it seems like everyone else managed to buy these for around $10-15. Although they were a bit pricey, they are a good investment (comes with a cute pouch for it too! Mine has a zipper though, not a button) and should last a really long time with good care ofc. I actually like this set just as much as my bobbi brown brushes...if not a little bit more, actually.

Like everyone already mentioned, these are super soft, and if you have sensitive skin, dont worry about scratchy bristles! I can assure you every eco tools brush that I own was very soft (: I could just brush these against my face all day haha

The Kabuki brush is suggested as a finishing brush, but experiment! I like using it for blush, and also it's good for buffing out excess powder :)

The powder brush is similar to the kabuki, just a bit easier to control (for me) and a bit flatter, a little less dense, and a tiny bit more tapered. I enjoy using it for bronzer/blush/to set my foundation/bb cream when I choose to wear that. I usually just use it to put a light dusting of loose powder on my T-zone and to set my concealer.

the mini concealer brush is amazing and also very versatile. It can be used for concealer, but is also great for applying cream shadows, bases, es primers, etc. It's also soft, but also dense, just perfect! My normally cakey concealers, eg mac studio finish, which is a bit dry, looked great when I used this. It made my under-eye area look brighter and natural.

The eye shading brush is the brush i use the less. I have monolids, and its a bit too big for me to blend my eyeshadows. I think it may just be because i'm not used to it, but it makes my eye shadows look a bit muddy and it's a bit messy for me. I do like to use it to set concealer with it under my eye, so just swirl it in your powder, tap off excess, and dust it under the eye, or any other area your normal powder brush may not always ready, eg sides of the nose.
This brush is also the only brush in this set that began losing it's shape just slighty, but it's no biggie.

I definitely recommend this set and all the other eco tools brushes, I just cannot praise them enough! they also look very nice, feel great, and are super high quality stuff! The price is not as bad as my bobbi brown brushes, but $20 for drugstore was a bit steep. Good investment though, give it a try.

EDIT: Already bought a back-up set of these brushes! as well as the ecotools bronzer brush!! Definitely the best brush and brush set from ecotools for everyday in my opinion, applies everything from blush to bronzer to foundation to powder like a dream...love them!)

I absolutely adore these brushes!!!! They're super soft and cruelty free, and I use them every single day. And especially for the price, how can you resist these???
The set contains four brushes:
-The baby kabuki, which I use every day for my all-over face powder and blending it;
-The powder brush, which is tapered and I use it for my blush and my Mark Glowdacious powder. It blends beautifully;
-The concealer brush, which is also great. I find it's really great to just dab my brush in concealer, or foundation, and pat it on the spot or blemish I want covered.
-And finally, the blending brush!!!!! This is my absolute favorite!!! AHHHH! I just cannot express how much I LOVE it!!!! This brush is domed and fluffy and I use it every day when applying shadows, to blend out harsh creases and make my eyeshadow perfectly blended. I almost want to smile every time I use it because I just adore it!!!

So, the verdict is that I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great yet inexpensive brush set. These brushes are soooo soft and I could rant about them all day long. Plus if you're looking for something cruelty-free, these are for you, since the brushes are made of talkon bristles. I just love these brushes so much!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with these brushes!! OMG! I use every single one every day! I honestly dont even feel like i need any other brushes besides these! First off, they are soooo soft and travel friendly! Seriously the softest makeup brushes I own! This set comes with:
A baby kabuki- I use this to apply powder all over my face and I dont think its too small at all!
A blush/powder brush- I use this brush to apply my favorite blush which is the nyx cream blush in tickled. I first dab the brush lightly into the product and then apply and blend! This brush blends this product PERFECTLY!
A concealer brush- I use this brush for my cream concealer. I tap the brush into the concealer and then dab it onto any blemishes or undereye circles I have but I dont blend it out.
Fluffy dome brush- Quite possibly my favorite brush in this set! I usually use this brush to blend out the concealer that I applied with the concealer brush and it blends it seamlessly into my skin! I also love using this brush for a soft crease color on my eyes as it blends the eyeshadow out AS it is being applied!
My final thoughts?
The best makeup brushes I have ever used and soo travel freindly and adorable! Oh, and I also love the cute little bag it comes with contrary to apparently everybody else! I think it is so cute to carry around the little brushes in! :)

i have this brush set and the newer alicia silverstone ecotools brush set (the one with the purple flowers and no stipling brush) and overall, i must say that though both are good, this one i get more use out of!

all of the ecotools brushes are ridiculously soft but these brushes i feel are just a smidgen MORE softer (seriously, i like just stroking my face with these) and personally, i've found uses for nearly all of these. As a bit of a background, i don't wear foundation all over my face/use eyeshadow (as I have a tiny eyelids).

blush/powder brush - love this. it isn't tapered and i find it's way better for putting on bronzer than the blush brush in the alicia silverstone set (which is just their general blush brush)

eye blending brush - since i don't wear eyeshadow daily, i thought this would be a useless brush for me, but actually I use this nearly everyday to put loose powder over my eyes (to set gel eyeliner) as well as setting the spots where i put concealer (usually just around the nose). The small size of the brush is perfect for these areas and the shape allows the coverage of the translucent powder i use to be fairly light.

kabuki - i use this to blend all over my face after blush and bronzer and i really think it makes everything look that much more natural.

concealer brush - what i thought i would get the most use out of - but it is my least used of the set! generally i prefer using fingers, but sometimes if i'm wearing more makeup, i might use this just to spread product out etc. before blending it in

overall, love this set and i think i actually prefer the short handles over the typical length. the case it comes with is suitable for the brushes and good for travel, but it's not anything special (btw - my case is a zippered pouch, not the snap one shown in the pictures).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Overall, I liked this set. I love how Ecotools stepped their game up in affordable vegan brushes. I could care less about the packaging since that's not what I'm going to be using. It was a reasonable price for products that don't show any shedding, it's also soft. I use the crease brush as a concealer brush more than the concealer brush itself since using the crease brush will give me an even undereye color that'll blend with my foundation. I use the blush brush to blend out blush colors or I use it to apply setting powders. I just used the mini kabuki brush today and it provided me with an even application with my mineral foundation. Usually, synthetic brushes just swirl products around on your face without really doing its job of blending- but this seems to be a winner. I would buy this brush set again.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love these brushes. They are soft and fluffy and are great quality for synthetic brushes. I have had this set for a year now and they are still in wonderful condition. I wash them often and have found that they do not smell funny, lose hairs or become brittle after many washes as other brushes do. The bristles still have the same spring and fullness as when I first got them. The only thing I was not crazy about was the packaging...but I keep them standing in a cup anyway.

These brushes are just wonderful. I'm especially obsessed with the fluffy crease blending brush in this set, both for softening and blending shadow, but especially for applying concealer under my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

These brushes are so soft and work better than expensive brushes I purchased ar Sephora. The application with this brush is so even. Love these, just hate the crappy packaging.

These brushes are wonderful! They are all incredibly soft, and I personally think they are better than the Bare Minerals brushes my sister and cousin had. The eco-friendly bag the set comes with I think is complete garbage, but that doesn't bother me too much. Overall, well worth the money, and, if you can get them on sale, you would get a great deal.
I plan on purchasing all the different types of brushes they have. You just can't go wrong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Like everyone else here I found the brushes of good quality, soft and easy to clean. My favourite brush from this set is the blush brush.
Blush Brush - Deposits just the right amount of blush and is easy to apply and blend the blusher. I use a a pigmented powder blush (Lancome Pink Splash) which needs to be applied with a light hand, so far this blush brush beats the MAC 163 Stippling Brush for this pigmented blush. When I use this Ecotools brush, I don't have to be as careful and light with my hand when I apply the blush because the shape is contoured and more suitable to apply a powder blush with. With the Mac 163, it tends to get a bit more product on my face.

Mini Kabuki Brush - This is a small and handy sized brush for travel. I use it for loose powder and for buffing extra powder off my face. As a powder foundation brush, this is not very useful because its a mini brush and is too small to cover the entire face. But still, I think for travel purposes, it is suffice.

Eyeshadow blending brush - A very good brush to blend out your eyeshadows and soften the lines at the crease. The shape of this brush works better for applying eyeshadows than the full sized Ecotools eyeshadow blending brush which I also own.

Concealer brush - I use my fingers for concealers usually, but this concealer brush does a good job of blending too. I also use this as an eyeshadow shader for more precise application of powder eyeshadow.

Jute pouch - At first I didn't like the smell of the pouch material, but it's a natural canvass pouch and they all smell like that. The pouch tends to catch the powder that is on the brushes, not sure if you like it that way, but I guess it keeps my blush brush from having too much product on after I used it. It can get a little messy when you've been using your brushes for some time. I've had my set for at least 6 months, and now my pouch is pinkish on the inside with powder blush.

Overall this is a great set of brushes if you are on a budget, and also if you are looking for something small and compact to bring out.

Popular Makeup Brushes