September 18, 2014 | 1702 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews for this product I decided to give it a try, buying an entire bottle. It does keep makeup looking good all day, even on oilier parts of the face like the chin. Unfortunately, it also gives the skin a light white glow. I am fair skinned with dark hair, which makes me appear even paler. For me, this was enough to turn me off as I do not need a product that accentuates how pale I am.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

CAUTION: this primer is VERY TRICKING, beware guys!

Many people with oily skin looks for the best matte prime right? Neither do I, and just like you guys I HOPE this prime will answer what we looking for and found my HG so i didnt have to waste my time to the other one, but what we hope look like far away

I now there's alot of BEST PRIME for OILY SKIN but I cant take it all, because MOST of them contains TOCOPHEROL which makes me got bumps. And this one is tocopherol free.

At that time, this primer works well but sometimes it doesnt. It only does when I apply toner first and this only work well with my Laura Mercier Smooth Finish fdt powder; even though i apply LMSF without toner, my face looks greasy. I tried to apply this with ELDW or Armani Lasting Silk fdt, but nothing happens, just an ugly oily face (for Armani Lasting Silk, my face looks matte but also completely dry)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Luciibabi

this is the best primer I've ever tried, I think I found a new HG product. I love the packaging its so sturdy, and it feels great on my skin. Although this primer is a little pricey but its so worth it, and I find that i only need a little half pump anyway. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by silveralejandra

I have horrible skin oil just drips out my pores and i work in a office which transfers everywhere. I had been eyeing hourglass for a while but the price would make me run and hide. At sephora the nice girl told me about the smaller bottle for $18 girl i ran out with it. I used it with kat von d lock it it was great. At first the white consistency scared me until i kept massaging it in. I get ready early in the morning and it took the redness away immediately. My skin felt great even when taking my makeup off. It was my first time and hopefully i continue to love it!! Try a sample guys!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still in shock over just how awful this primer turned out to be. For a start, it doesn't even work! My technique is to apply my moisturiser and let that absorb before applying this primer and letting it absorb for a few minutes as well. Then on goes my liquid foundation. By the end of the day, my makeup has either completely disappeared or looks patchy and gross. Without the primer, I'll have a bit of makeup meltdown by mid-afternoon, but it's definitely not as bad as when I use this primer. And to top it all off, my skin has been looking great for the last two years but this primer has made me break out like you wouldn't believe. Plus a 52 price tag? No thanks! I'd give this product no lippies if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by tifflovescolor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This would be the best I've ever tried, but OF COURSE also the most expensive as well. That might be the only reason I continue to try other primers. It's lightweight, not silicone based, moisturizing, clean feeling, effective and great for everyone. The buyer's remorse on the price goes away after you realize how long a bottle lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBloom14

I love this product so much and I'm NOT usually a fan of primers! I posted a detailed review on my blog 😊http://beautybloom14.blogspot.com/2014/03/hourglass-veil-mineral-primer-with.html?m=1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

I love this primer! It's beautiful and silky smooth, doesn't have a strong scent, is not heavy on the skin, makes you look glowy, and keeps your makeup put all day. The only problem is the price: it's exxy and you have to put a lot on for good coverage. So not very value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is like magic. I have super oily skin and can't normally use primer. Since I started using this, I don't even need moisturizer which is typically a no no. And it feels so silly on my skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I wouldn't say this is the most amazing primer I've tried, it is still a very nice, high quality product. I like the sturdy packaging. It glides on smoothly and provides a nice, smooth canvas for foundation application. A little goes a long way. I appreciate that it contains SPF and it works very well at prolonging the wear of my foundation from the time I apply my makeup in the early morning `til the time I remove my makeup which is usually around 9pm. I agree with others that what it won't do though is control oil, but this is easily remedied by a blotting paper. I like this product, but uncertain if I will repurchase due to the exorbitant price tag ($60 CAD). I think the Merle Norman foundation primer is better and will probably go back to that one once I've finished up this tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No