MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was a terrible pastel orange lipstick which clashed horribly with my skin. I'd read that it was similar to Viva Glam Cyndi which is why I bought it online, but its completely different and looks very garish on me. Of course if I mix it with gloss and what not I can 'make it work' but I don't have time for that when I buy a product. I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin tones, I'm sure it would look lovely on lighter skin tones however, the texture is nice and its a decent quality lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing color!! Great Spring and Summer color! Check it out. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this lipstick a while ago. I wanted to get "Vegas Volt" and I was browsing for another pinkish coral, as I love the summer pallete. The MUA in Mac proposed "Crosswires". I liked it immediately, but it was when friends started noticing it on my lips that I considered it a favourite. I am NW15-20 and I think it compliments my hazel eyes. It is subdued yet pretty and fresh. For my complexion is a "your lips but better" colour and it seems to complete a casual make-up look. If you hesitate to buy this due to the high price (I live in Greece where Mac products are on the High-end range) there is a pretty close Sephora dupe "Jelous 07" in the rouge creme range.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful true coral with a slight golden sheen. It reminded me of Revlon's Peach Parfait lip butter, but this had more juicyness and less shimmer (Revlon's pretty dry and tossing some glitter in there doesn't really compensate). Gorgeous spring/summer color.
EDIT: this is definitely brighter and more pigmented than Peach Parfait. It actually creates a stain on me, which I love to wear with a clear gloss. This looks SUPERB on me with a tan. Reminds me of the hot coral (yet natural?) vibe of Bobbi Brown's blush in Apricot. Another summer favorite.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It’s a bright coral-pink with a golden sheen, but definitely not as bright as Impassioned and Show Orchid. It has just enough brightness though to make a statement. The creemsheen formula glides effortlessly on my lips and feels very moisturising. It brightens up my face and looks lovely and natural, not ‘in your face’ in the slightest.

This is my absolute favourite HG everyday lipstick! My best friend was wearing it and looked great in it and I asked to try it and fell in love. She bought it for me as well! <3 It is good all year round for her lovely Malay skin and my Chinese sometimes-tanned-sometimes-pale skin. Lovely coral pink colour. More coral than Fan Fare. Moisturizing and lasting.

This is a very unique, soft, coral-pink shade. It's bright, but can still be appropriate for professional situations, and brings out all the warmth in my face!
It is a bit drying though, (I recommend putting a rich balm underneath), but otherwise, it's a lovely shade that will look great on warm skintones, from alabaster, to buff, to olive, to honey.
It makes your lips look juicy, kissable, and very date-appropiate, and it HARDLY comes off on anything!!! Not even joking..it sticks to your lips, not your coffee cup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A make up artist applied this on my sister's lips for her wedding and it looked lovely.

But that's because she used a base and lipliner all over the lips before applying. If you have very pigmented lips, it looks awful because it's not very pigmented and it needs a pure colour to look good. When I tried it on, it looked yuck. Too much work!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Of all the lipsticks I own this is my #1. It's my absolute favorite. I imagine this coral pink lipstick would look amazing on a wide range of skin tones. I have very dry lips and this doesn't make them dry or peel.

Seriously impressed with this colour! It wears like dream, doesn't budge once on the lips, and can be applied straight from the bullet. I will be wearing this to death over spring and summer as it is such a bright but wearable shade. Is is just me or do Mac lipsticks taste like white chocolate!?!?

Recommended for Medium Skin