BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 6/19/2015 9:13:00 AM

i have only ever used this bronzer my whole life. It always lasts me a year and I never have to wear foundation because it instantly makes me look revitalised. This is the one beauty product I cannot be without!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely despise the packaging, despite it being all cute and retro 60s looking.

Much prefer a case with a button.

This is a beautiful pigmented matte brown bronzer and I apply with a light hand.

1 lippie off for being a bit muddy and hard to blend when too much is applied.

on 6/3/2015 5:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The colour of this is very natural as a bronzer, especially on light to medium skintones. I initially bought it for contouring, but I found that this shade is too warm for my NW15ish skin. It's still workable, and it blends better than any other powder I own. You can blend it from a harsh line to almost nothing on the face. For very pale girls, nyx taupe is the perfect contour shade because it has very cool undertones. Nyx isn't as bendable, but it is still great quality and blends without any issues. Nonetheless, I'm glad I own hoola and I will repurchase when it runs out.

I really appreciate the packaging makeover.
I always use this for a while and end up hating it, but everyone should have this as standard.
If you like the colour it is
1. because it's matte
2. because it's not red and so looks SO natural
3. can be used as contour and bronzer

HOWEVER,
Thebalm bahama mama is so much better for anyone looking for a contour and is nowhere near as cakey and noticeable. It also doesn't make your complexion look talcy and flat which is my main issue with this.

It also clogs my normal/combination skin.
If you want something in the middle of hoola and thebalm (especially if you're sensitive to bismuth oxychloride) try Jouer bronzer.

I bought this bronzer ages ago for my holiday and it seems to be lasting a quite a long time. It's a good bronzer for pale people like myself and it isn't shimmery or sparkly which I like. I use it to contour which works because it goes on quite sheer, and is very easily bendable and easy to build up if you want it darker. This bronzer is not orangey at all which is another thing I love about it. Will probably replace when runs out if not will get a contour kit and see if that's as good.

on 5/22/2015 3:06:00 PM

I dislike shimmery bronzers so this is great. It is a pretty, brown color and is soft, not chalky. The packaging is pretty and different but is not ideal when you want to use a big, fluffy brush, there is not enough room in the package to properly swirl the brush. Minor setback, nothing major.
I have very pale skin and many bronzers come across as too dark... this is a great color and is build able.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG Contour Product. I use this every day. Highly Recommend. Perfect Shade for pale skin. I also use this over my cream contour blends perfect. Better then Nars.

on 5/21/2015 9:40:00 PM

Absolutely love this bronzer!
Stays on all day, I really cannot fault this product. I'm not that keen on Benefit products but this one product keeps me going back to the Benefit counter!

I have very fair skin and I have to use this sparingly or else it will look orange. On my friends with a little more tan it looks amazing! I love the packaging it's super cute, not good for traveling tho if you need the space. This easily blends into the skin and in general I just really love this bronzer it just does the job beautifully.

on 5/19/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had a box of this for about 3 years and sometimes go back to swatch it since the internet started liking it again. It's pigmented, not excessively so but it does go on patchy. It's too dark for fair skin, leaning very much brown/orange. It looks like straight-up smeared dirt on my skin (NW15, pale, cool toned). Even with fake tan on it still looks like cheap makeup no matter what brush is used. 2 stars since it doesn't break out sensitive skin and the ones I have were gifts with purchase.

For reference, I use NARS Laguna in the summer and Dr Hauschka powder bronzer in the winter.

Popular Bronzers