BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

on 6/26/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this bronzer! I have to be careful with it because I have pale skin but in the end it looks really pretty.
I use it for contouring because it is too dark to use it as a overall bronzer (at least for me)
The packaging is kinda big and bulky but the product itself is wonderful.

on 6/24/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Lovely every day bronzer, gives a nice brozne look. :)
Something to consider buying if you don't have it.

on 6/23/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the sample version of this product that I got in one of the Sephora points purchase a while ago. I use this as a contour color and it matches me nicely on my NC30-35 skin. It blends nicely and does not look dark or fake at all. I'm glad I got the sample version because it takes me forever to finish using up a pressed powder product, let alone any face product. I don't note any scent to this product and it has not broke me out either. It has a matte finish to it which is good for contouring. I would purchase the full size if there were limited amount of contour colors in the market but there are so many that I would probably try another brand before coming back to this.

on 6/20/2015 5:46:00 PM

The HG of bronzers. My story. Looked online & this was highly recommended. Really, surely a bronzer is just a bronzer. Went to Boots, asked MUA on benefit if she could try it on me. A few dabs & bit of blending, then a mirror.......WOW. I saw cheekbones i didn't know existed. No orange, just a lovely almost chocolaty matte finish. She used the 3 technique & i was sold. I am the worst making decisions buying make up but this was a no brainer. Its ridiculously expensive for the amount of product & the packaging is a bit annoying trying to open & shut the box. But its make up bag size friendly & the little brush that comes with it is surprisingly good. Hoola is soft & light to apply & pretty dummy proof for the uninitiated so if you put too much on its pretty easy to blend out mistakes. So if you & your purse can get over paying 23 for some brown powder, do it, its very good brown powder :)

on 6/19/2015 9:13:00 AM

i have only ever used this bronzer my whole life. It always lasts me a year and I never have to wear foundation because it instantly makes me look revitalised. This is the one beauty product I cannot be without!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely despise the packaging, despite it being all cute and retro 60s looking.

Much prefer a case with a button.

This is a beautiful pigmented matte brown bronzer and I apply with a light hand.

1 lippie off for being a bit muddy and hard to blend when too much is applied.

on 6/3/2015 5:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The colour of this is very natural as a bronzer, especially on light to medium skintones. I initially bought it for contouring, but I found that this shade is too warm for my NW15ish skin. It's still workable, and it blends better than any other powder I own. You can blend it from a harsh line to almost nothing on the face. For very pale girls, nyx taupe is the perfect contour shade because it has very cool undertones. Nyx isn't as bendable, but it is still great quality and blends without any issues. Nonetheless, I'm glad I own hoola and I will repurchase when it runs out.

I really appreciate the packaging makeover.
I always use this for a while and end up hating it, but everyone should have this as standard.
If you like the colour it is
1. because it's matte
2. because it's not red and so looks SO natural
3. can be used as contour and bronzer

Thebalm bahama mama is so much better for anyone looking for a contour and is nowhere near as cakey and noticeable. It also doesn't make your complexion look talcy and flat which is my main issue with this.

It also clogs my normal/combination skin.
If you want something in the middle of hoola and thebalm (especially if you're sensitive to bismuth oxychloride) try Jouer bronzer.

I bought this bronzer ages ago for my holiday and it seems to be lasting a quite a long time. It's a good bronzer for pale people like myself and it isn't shimmery or sparkly which I like. I use it to contour which works because it goes on quite sheer, and is very easily bendable and easy to build up if you want it darker. This bronzer is not orangey at all which is another thing I love about it. Will probably replace when runs out if not will get a contour kit and see if that's as good.

on 5/22/2015 3:06:00 PM

I dislike shimmery bronzers so this is great. It is a pretty, brown color and is soft, not chalky. The packaging is pretty and different but is not ideal when you want to use a big, fluffy brush, there is not enough room in the package to properly swirl the brush. Minor setback, nothing major.
I have very pale skin and many bronzers come across as too dark... this is a great color and is build able.