July 30, 2014 | 2052 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by venomchick

I am using natural beige. It's a very watery-like consistency which i like because it makes it easy to apply all over the face with a brush. I like the colour, and i have no issues of oxidization. It gives a very natural look yet there is medium coverage, so that's good. Make sure your skin is moisturized bc if you have dry skin, it can create some flaky parts upon application. I would reconsider this product when i finish, the only set back is the price, 33 pounds!!!!
Also, i feel like one pump is not enough to cover my face! so yes quite pricey!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would def not buy this foundation again! I just love the Kanebo cream finish foundation, which gives a lot of moist and has a buildable coverage. BUT, due to the price of that one, Id like to try another one and I thought Kanebo is such a good brand, so....But no, this foundation made my somewhat dry skin extremely dry, and all my pores are visible all of a sudden. The finish looks kind of "powdery" which I do not like, caus I have fine lines here and there. I find that it is not especially buildable either, and for the fullest coverage, you need more than one pump.

I bought the 202, and Im NC20 for refferance. The colour was all right, but a bit too much pinkish. Nope, just didnt like this one at all, and can not understand the high scores on this one. Think Ill have to go back to the more expensive one, cream finish - thats really a great one for dry skin and for those of us who like the flawless, polished look.

Ill still give it a 2, cause of the great bottle and just because I like the brand (other products) so much....

Ladies, go for another foundation than this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this after the high reviews here but was dissapointed due to the limited shades and wearability. The lightest shade 202 was still too dark and would suit NC30 more. Furthermore the shades are towards the orange or pink specktrum which does not work well with yellow-based skin tones. I also found the foundation rather drying with coverage being medium.

Will not repurchase and much prefer Kanebo's Liquid Finish which has a variety of shades for different skin tones and offers better coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Nillalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

i just love the glowy effect of this foundation!i always get lots of compliments when i use this..but i wish there were lighter shades thou..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great foundation.One of the best i ever try.I use # 202 and is good color for my light -medium skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by emmaveronica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, it just slides on and looks incredibly smooth without having that anoying shimmer that some other foundations usually have to achieve the same smooth result.

I use the color 'warm beige' in the summer when my very fair skin has just a little more color or even in the winter when I wan't to look a bit more alive and even though it's not a perfect color match for me it looks very natural.

It gives a really good coverage without looking like a big pancake-y but if you prefer a really natural finish you should probably go for a tinted misturizer instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by corinnahornwall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this at the airport, when looking for a clinique foundation and the sales lady showed me this one. I have acne prone skin which is very dry and that day it happened to be more dry than spotty. The shade is perfect and the foundation feels wonderful. However my dry skin is very obvious even though it's moisturizing. I also had a horrible break-out after using this for a week, though I'm not sure it's the foundation's fault. Some of the ingredients are seriously pore clogging. This foundation is great, but not for me.. I wouldn't buy it if you have acne, oily skin or very dry skin.

Later:

My acne has cleared up and I've started using it again. I really love it as a foundation, but if I have flakey skin it's noticable. And I hope this doesn't break me out again. Still not sure what I think of this foundation. Would probably be perfect if I had normal skin..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lucasflor

EXCELLENT, that's all I can say for this marvellous product. I use 203 and I'm MAC NC30 for reference.

It's pricey but worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I AM IN LOVE! The best foundation I have EVER used. The last two years I have used mineral powder makeups and no matter the brand, it dried me out, made me chalky, and had to repeatedly be reapplied throughout the day. I wanted to like it because it was supposed to be good for me. So it was with some hesitation that I decided to go back to a normal liquid foundation. After reading all the reviews for the Sensai Fluid Finish, I finally gave in. It was the best makeup decision I have made in years. It goes on smooth and holds all day. My skin is uneven, sensitive, with a few spots and redness and I didn't need any concealer at all! On top of that, it looked natural and was moisturizing. It's pricey, but you get everything that you ever wanted or needed in a big bottle that is bound to last for quite sometime. This is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I LOVE this foundation.

I am a dedicated user of Guerlain Parure Extreme which is also a great foundation, but perhaps a touch too red for me. Also the finish is gorgeous but maybe a little too much so. I feel quite made up for every day wear. Lovely out at night, but during working hours the finish is a *little* too perfect.

This foundation is a gorgeous lightweight, watery formulation that has a deceptively high amount of coverage. I wouldn't say that this is full coverage, but definitely medium and it can be built up to even more for special occasions. On top of that - it doesn't feel like you have ANYTHING on. My skin is dry and flaky from retinoid use (Taz), but this hydrates and covers as best as any foundation I have found. On top of all of that, the color match is the best I have ever found. I use shade 204 - Almond Beige - and it perfectly suits me. I have golden/olive medium toned skin (around NC 37 in darkness). Other foundations I use for reference - Guerlain 04, Chanel Wheat, Armani LSF 7, Chantecaille Shea, Nars Sheer Glow Barcelona, Shu Uemura 734, Colorstay Photoready 006. I believe that 204.5 is around the same "strength" in shade but is a lot more yellow if you are looking for a yellow based foundation.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hours now and it still looks great! I didn't even wear a primer although I'm really looking forward to trying their Water Smoothing Make-Up Base. I did put a light coat of MUFE HD powder on top.

Cons - Kind of pricey, but honestly, its $5 cheaper than Guerlain Parure Extreme so I can't complain. Other than that, it's incredibly hard to find if you are in the States. It's pretty much sold exclusively at Bergorf Goodman's. I don't live anywhere near there though, so I called them and related to them my shades in other foundations and the ladies very very kindly sent me a sample of 3 different shades that they thought might suit me. For free! Now that's customer service! They sent me a very generous sample of each - enough to last me at least 1 week. I have just used up my sample and will now be ordered the full sized bottle from them.

Love this foundation!