October 1, 2014 | 1181 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Fanfare

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Perfect 'my lips but better' color. The formula feels amazing, and it's fairly long lasting. It's a very yellow toned pink, and I haven't met anyone that doesn't look good in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes, naturally rosey lips. On me, Fanfare is a touch more than MLBB but instead of that brown rosey color most call MLBB, this is a warmer pop...but still just as soft. It is referred to as a yellow pink (same description MAC uses for Ultra Darling, but UD is much more berry toned & bolder...yet still soft). On me, this is a corally pink. I wish I had Fanfare at the beginning of the summer, it would have been great. The only reason this is not a full 5 lippy for me is that as pretty as it is, this is not one of those lippies that just pulls everything together. Many times I feel like it is just sitting on my lips not helping my cause.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by misstye

I'm NC25 and this looks like other have said a slightly reddish/coral pink on me. It's is a very 'fleshy' clour but looks very natural too. I have quite pigmented lips so the effect is like 'my lips but better'.. I do not suit any lipsticks with blue undertones or blue-ish shimmer, so for me this was great as it's a warm yellow-medium pink :) I would recommend it to anyone in the NC20 and up range.... Deffo worth trying in the store if you're looking for a natural lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

I lost my amp cosmo, so I wanted to get something similar (just incase I find my cosmo).
what I wanted was actually something pinkish or lighter than cosmo, and this is perfect! Natural color with a hint of peachy pink.
Great for tanned skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is gorgeous. Described by mac as a mid tone yellow pink which is true but I feel it has a hint of peach as its not a true pink. It is so wearable and imparts a lovely colour. This is probably my all time favourite mac lipstick of all time and I only just discovered it recently. I think this would best suit warm toned light-medium skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover321

One of the very first lipsticks that i bought from Mac. It has such a nice darkish Pinkish Colour. I dab this on my lips and a dab a bit of lipgloss over it and it makes my lips look so natural. Before, i got into makeup i used this lipstick every single day. The colour my seem a little dark for a teenager however it has tiny bits of glitter in it. This lipstick is quite pigmented. I really do recommend this for people who are starting to get into makeup. This is a definite must have in your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by deellez

This is such a great every day color. It's not too dull and not too bright of a color. I find it to have the right amount of moisture on my lips. Good quality, a bit pricey, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy batman in h*ll, I think I've finally found my "office" lipstick. I've bought countless MLBB/demure lipsticks, and while I certainly liked them a lot, I didn't love them. For example, I thought I'd found the right match in Clinique Beauty, which, while beautiful with most work outfits, looks a little too autumnal in the summer due to its brown tones, or MAC VGV, which didn't last very long (it's a Lustre so no surprises there), and looked a little too nude in some lighting (looks good with more eye makeup but I don't generally wear a lot of eye makeup to work).

Enter Fanfare. Described as a mid-tone yellow pink, to me it looks more like a warm rose-pink with a smidgen of mauve thrown in. It's about a shade or so darker than my lips, so it does look like I took the time to actually do my lips, but it doesn't look dull or aging, as it has more rosy/pink tones to it than most MLBB shades. It has enough pink to make it look healthy and not brown or dull in the warmer months, while it retains the muted, professional aspect a rose/mauve lipstick can give. This is what I wished Chanel Mademoiselle (too brown, too red) would look like - perfectly ladylike and competent.

The Cremesheens are not quite what I would call a casual formula, as it is quite pigmented and opaque - I'd go for a Lustre or Glaze finish for the weekend (for a rose-pink Sweetie comes to mind, but that is shimmery and more violet) - but it is a great way to wear color in a more formal setting. it's not drying, but not as moisturizing or glossy as the Lustres - it's a bit more creamy, and not quite as balmy, if that makes any sense. It's smooth to apply but it can cling to patches/lines (which is why I docked 1 lippy), so make sure to moisturize!

I don't think this lipstick gets a lot of attention its more famous Cremesheen sisters (Shy Girl, Modesty, Creme Cup et al.), but it is beautiful in its own right and will make you look oh-so-polished for the office with a string of pearls. I think it is most definitely backup-worthy and I hope MAC does not plan on discontinuing this any time soon.
Pricewise, I don't think it's too expensive, and the sleek MAC packaging is nice enough to not bother me. I will pick up a backup for my office, so I don't have to carry it with me.

This looks great with either Staunchly Stylish Pro Longwear Lip Pencil or Subculture Lip Pencil, both lip toned neutrals that will prolong the wear of Fanfare by an additional couple of hours, and prevent bleeding. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by suzq21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One of the new additions to my collection. This is becoming one of my favorite go-to lipsticks that goes with almost any kind of look. Described as a Yellow Pink, on my it looks like a pink with a touch of coral. I've heard horrid stories of it melting, although that hasn't happened with mine... yet. Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon is a very close, cooler toned dupe. Fanfare is warmer toned. NC 37-40 for ref.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this!!! I was looking for a lipstick that I could wear daily but wasn't just a "blah" color and this is exactly what I wanted! Its a pink-y shade with a gold sheen (and maybe a little pop of coral?). Would definitely repurchase :)