December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by happyrandom27

*UPDATED*

I'm using my 3rd bottle now, and here are my thoughts...

This product is gentle on the skin, and doesn't clog pores. It mattifies the face immediately after application, but it's not going to last all day. The product has a mild scent, which makes it pleasant to use. I use this moisturiser along with the cleanser & toner in this 'Rice' line. For my skin, they work great for keeping my skin acne-free.

Although I have combo skin, with the right products, my skin is rather normal.. and if I use this product day & night, my skin will get very dry. Therefore, I only use it in the morning, sometimes just on my forehead (where it gets most oily).

The only thing is that it is a bit pricey, and it only comes in a 30ml/1fl.oz. bottle. The pump won't get all the products out towards the end, you may have to scrape the remainder out in the end. Nonetheless, it's a great product, definitely worth a try! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by amita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Loccitane products but this one was just horrible.
My skin felt nice with the matte finish but within two days my skin had breakouts. I had a rash on the cheeks.
I would not recommend this product again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely as a primer for oily skin. Still not my HG, but one of the best I have used so far in the natural category with no silicones. Face it, silicone is a tough competitor for smoothing out pores!:)
Lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Sixtwelve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the moisturiser of my dreams! I've tried a few so called mattifying moisturisers over the years that do anything but mattify. Recently I decided to go for this one since I've been impressed with L'Occitanes other products.

I have super oily skin. It's oily all over. I have NO dry or combination patches. Just oil. Maybe that's why I love this moisturiser so much, because I don't need to worry about it being too drying on my cheeks or around my mouth. I don't think it would suit a normal or combination skin.

It's got a really light texture and a very soothing smell, almost baby powder like. I use two pumps to cover my whole face and it makes my skin feel like silk. Admittedly it doesn't keep my face matte all day but I don't think a product exists that can do that. What it does do it turn my dull, oily skin into a glowing, semi-matte delight.

I've only given it 3 for price because it does seem expensive for what appears to be very little product (30ml), but I'll have to see how long the bottle lasts before I decide on it's value for money. I will, however repurchase this and try the other items in the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by szie

I got a travel size to try on my combination skin that tends to get more oily in the summer. It does what it claims to do-- mattify and absorb oil. It is also velvety and and ultra light, but perhaps too light for my skin. I feel this product is suitable for REALLY oily skin (and I thought my skin was oily ...).

Packaging-wise, I like that it is in a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by wobblejelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I gave it 3 stars because it does a good job as a mattifier. But it hardly can be considered a moisturiser as it makes the area around my mouth dry. I thought I can even see some fine lines appearing after using it.
I know only use it sparingly on my T-zone as I have combination skin.

I find it a bit expensive and don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wish it came with a lid, but other than that, I love this product. I use it in conjunction with some others, and this combo control my oil/shine beautifully. I sound breezy about it now- but it took a lot of research with a lot of expensive, good quality products, trying out different pairings to see which achieved the most success:

1.Spray Avene Thermal Spring Water Mist onto clean skin (this is huge in controlling my shine, and also calms my skin down from the shower-less read means less skin mu)

2.SK II Facial Treatment Essence- added once mist has sunk into skin and is dry. A very small amount of SK II wiped onto skin with cotton pad- not too much or glowy becomes shiny! :)

3. L'Occitane Rice Ultra- Matte Face Fluid. It feels like velvet!

Has lots of beneficial natural ingredients, feels so healthy on your skin, not like you're clogging your pores but more like you're nourishing your skin.
Upon first buying this I wasn't super impressed... I thought it was good, not great.
A few weeks later I unearthed it from my mu stand thinking "I have to make this work, I love their other products. This has to work!"

And so it does:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work sooo badly. First of all, it smells so fresh and clean. It feels nice going onto my skin and absorbs well. Did not break me out AT ALL. I actually like the packaging, its cute and simple. BUT, I have combo skin (oily at the surface, dry underneath) and this made my mouth area and cheeks feel tight even if i applied two layers of it. Its weird because this is supposed to work for combo skin. Im guessing only people with oily/very oily skin can use this. Ill be trying out their other moisturizers and see how they work for me like the shea and cotton line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this riz/Rice face fluid, its not greasy not oily to my face and best of all no acne, my complexion feels soft and clean, without no oily afterfeel, Love it, plus there cleanser and toner is a plus alos, great for spring and summer useage!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by hafonda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Spore Changi aiport dutyfree for $50. The bottle is small and easy to carry, you can lock the dispenser to prevent spilling while travel.
It is more like a gel than a fluid which spreads easily on your skin and kind of "seal" the pores. I have very oily skin and since using this product, I dont hv that much "oil" on my face. My face still shines but it is more subtle, I only need to touch up with loose powder 1 time during noon time.
I have been using it for only 1 week but I am quite happy with the result. However, I do not recomend this product to those with dry skin since it is hardly moisturing at all. If you have combination skin, perhaps should just keep it to T-zone area.