Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 9/3/2012 2:03:00 AM

Multiple SA's have warned me about blendability. Here's what I've learned, after using for 2+ years and based on their guidance.
1-wet a makeup sponge, then put a pump on the sponge to blend. Took me a few tries to get this right, but it does work well . This was recommended by 2 SA's at 2 different stores.
2-foundation brush, applied using to one section of the face a a time.

More coverage than the LM TM, I'd call this medium coverage, although its pretty build -able. I prefer lighter coverage so tend to use this for 'occaisions' and not every day. I also use when I'm getting over a breakout and have more red spots that I want covered.

As with the LM TM, my main complaint is the color. The color looks great when I apply but within a few hours it has oxidized(?) and my face is a darker orange-ish color. I have not figured out a way around this and the SA's haven't been much help. Aside from that, a solid oil-free foundation that doesn't break me out

on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 PM

The color match was really nice, so I paid up for this after the saleslady put it on for me. I don't usually pay this much for foundation, either--I usually buy Clinique, which is much cheaper. I'm really disappointed that I bought this, because when applying it myself at home I just couldn't blend it in very well. I tried my fingers, a sponge, etc., but it just looked watery and streaky. Disappointed and will not rebuy.

on 7/13/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I used the color golden beige for my olive/tan complexion. At 1st I thought that the color would be a fairer for me from just looking at it. But when I applied it on my face it blended very well matching my skintone. It is a medium coverage, but still even out my uneven skintone. It feels light on the skin so I feel comfortable wearing it. It also doesn't make me look shiny for quite a while, I'd say around 4-5 hours before I have to blotted my skin which is good for me since my skin is very oily with the hot humid weather here. I used it with the Laura Mercier foundation primer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It might be because I am applying it wrong, but this foundation is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. I've tried using it with all types of brushes and even my fingers, over primers and no primer, and at the end of the day it looks like i didn't blend it well enough.. It gives this like.. dry flaky blotchy skin around my cheeks, mouth and eyebrows. The colour is perfect for me and I was so excited to use this but I guess its just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Looks decent when I first apply it but then after a little while I would notice that it didn't look too blended right above my jaw line and if I looked closely at it I saw some uneveness on my skin at the jaw line with some white-ish blotches. I applied it on a cleansed face with moisturizer and a good primer and applied it first with a dense brush then the next day with just my fingers and still got the same results. Also, didn't give me enough coverage even though it says you can built it up to full coverage. It's just too sheer to cover up redness and uneveness. I'm taking it back to Sephora today to try the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus which I was initially going to buy. I hope I have better luck with that one

on 4/8/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is full coverage foundation. Hides all the pigmentation.
However, it is pretty hard to apply this foundation and it is too drying, too matte for my skin.
It is also expensive ($42). My face felt like I have a mask on - its just too thick.
Also, after few hours it was little bit seperated on my skin and you could definately tell it's not a natural looking makeup.

on 3/29/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I've gone from having extremely oily skin to having very dry skin, thanks to the Accutane treatment I'm currently undergoing.
When I tried this foundation, it didn't accentuate my dry patches as much as my previous foundation (MAC ProLong Wear). And what I especially loved about this LM foundation is that it looked more natural than any other foundation I've EVER tried. But that being said, the coverage is minimal. It didn't cover my acne scarring, even after stippling a few layers. What's worse, it didn't do much for the redness on my cheeks. This foundation would be amazing for someone with very little to cover, but I suppose most of us wear foundation in the first place because we have something to cover.
So just to wrap up
Pros:
very natural-looking, even after applying many layers
felt like I was wearing no makeup
good color match
nice packaging
didn't accentuate dry patches
Cons:
too sheer to cover redness or acne scarring

Way overpriced for how mediocre it actually is. It dries very quickly and is hard to blend. The color match is off. I have pale skin and the lightest shade was too dark and "rosey". Offers okay coverage, I wouldn't say full. I bought this without reading reviews hoping it would be good but it just did not live up to my expectations. Will not repurchase.

Overall, it's a solid foundation. It overs a good, full coverage and has good staying power. It's oil free formula attracted me because I'm acne prone, and as far as I can remember it didn't contribute to any breakouts. However, if you have combination skin like me and have areas that get dry it may not be a good fit. It's not moisturizing at all and really exaggerates dryness.

It's definitely on the pricey side, but I do think it is a pretty solid product if you have oily skin and are looking for a fuller coverage liquid foundation. It was a little too heavy for me, personally. But it may appeal to those who favor heavier coverage.

on 3/5/2012 10:47:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for the last year in Sunny Beige. I have clear skin, but have redness and uneven skin tone in certain areas. I like the finish of this foundation, however I do not like the feel of it on my skin. it is a very thick formula and feel like I am wearing a ton of make-up on my face. It makes my skin feel tired, and does not last a full day. I moisturize my face and wear a primer before the foundation goes on, and by the end of the day, you can see the redness coming through.