Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Polymeyhylsilsesquioxane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 17 (CI 16035)

on 10/18/2010 9:37:00 AM

When I first used this product it was under powder foundation. The first few times I used it worked great. It has been 4 weeks now and it no longer works like it did at first. My pores do not reduce, my fine lines do not fill in and my face gets oilier faster during the day.

The only use I find for it now is on my eye lids as a prep for shadow.

As for the packaging - I'm sick and tired of having to stick my fingers into a tub - can't these people put a product in a tube, or pump to keep us from having to use q-tips or get it all stuck under our fingernails?

I will not be buying this again, but will use it up at least.

on 10/13/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this primer! I have tried many different primers and this one is the best! I have large pores, this covers my skin with a smooth, thin layer that holds onto my makeup. Never thought I would leave my favorite dept store brand but I have for this primer, thanks to friends that introduced me to this!

on 9/18/2010 8:44:00 PM

A great primer - fills in my large pores and makes my liquid or powder foundation glide on and last and last. A little goes a long way. Don't bother putting on foundation without it. An amazing product. Thanks Mally.

on 8/24/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best primers I have tried. This primer is silky soft and creamy, my foundation glides on and seems to last longer. I use BE foundation and Dior liquid depending on my mood and this primer works great with both. The packaging is inconvenient, instead of the jar how about a squeeze tube???? I will buy this primer again and again, whether or not they change the packaging!

on 8/1/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been using Laura Geller's Spackle, but decided to try Mally's Primer. I have huge pores and this covers them up. I have a matte finish and it lasts all day. If I use a cheap or expensive foundation this makes it last all day. It's light and airy like a mousse, but not greasy at all.

on 7/29/2010 12:49:00 AM

Love Mally Poreless Primer. I bought it after watching The product on QVC. It so smooth, & light. It feels like silk going on your face, & makes your face so smooth. It helps your foundation to stay put, & lasts all day.

on 6/23/2010 8:23:00 AM

I purchased this at Henri Bendel's for $35. The MA who did my makeup used this on me, followed by the Mally powder foundation and the concealer kit. This resulted in perfect, flawless skin. However, at home, I've been experimenting with different foundations, and have found that it doesn't work with everything. For example, it does not work well with any liquid that has silicones (which I guess makes sense, since this primer is already chock full of them). It works ok with the new Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. But, it seems to work best with a powder foundation or a pressed powder. Yesterday, I tried it with the YSL Matt pressed powder (the one with the heart imprint), and it worked exceedingly well. I looked poreless without being overdone or too matte. I didn't get oily until the afternoon.

I do like this primer, but don't love it. It doesn't work with everything I already have in my foundation wardrobe, it doesn't control the oilies as well as I'd like, and the jar is somewhat appalling. (I use a q-tip to scoop out the amount I'm going to use.) No breakouts yet, and the fluffy texture is nice.

I will update if anything changes. continued >>

on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am in love with this primer! I have gone on and off with Philosophy and Smashbox over the years, but they never really met all my needs. This stuff does everything. It's silky but not too wet (like Smashbox tends to be), it hides the pores around my nose, and it performs beautifully under my mineral makeup.

The jar doesn't bother me at all. I always wash my hands before applying makeup.

on 3/31/2010 12:17:00 PM

I clicked "yes" for if I would buy this product again, but I am on the fence about that. I didn't click "no" because I do like this product but I just don't love it.

The consistency is gorgeous. It's spongey, creamy, soft, and feels like *silk* on your skin. It does mask small pores (but who needs those masked, anyway, since they're so small?!) but doesn't mask large pores. (I am on a quest to find a primer that really does mask large pores - and have not yet found one that does this.)

I'm not happy with the jar packaging. I feel it would be better in a squeeze tube. Perhaps Mally put it in a jar so that her consumers can use up every last drop of it??? I don't know. I use a spatula (from a different product) to scoop it out of the jar, so fewer germs contaminate it.

What I *do* love about this is that it does give my skin a nice "glow." And the glow is not from any type of glitter/sparkle. It's just a soft-diffused glow. If you do have small pores, this would be perfect. Unfortunately, my pores are like mini-craters on my face, so it's not perfect for me. However, this primer is no worse than any other primer I've used in the masking-pores department.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't irritated/encouraged any acne. And, despite the fact that it doesn't feel matte on the skin, it hasn't encouraged any oiliness, either. But I don't know how much it has *discouraged* any oiliness...

EDIT: I am liking this more and more. I wasn't using *enough* to mask my larger pores. Although it doesn't cover them completely (I have ice-pick scars and very large pores), it does make them diminish somewhat. continued >>

Not a fan of this primer. My T-Zone doesn't work well w/this (oily t-zone, dry cheeks). My cheeks are fine, but I'm not really using it for them. I have to say that many Mally products are great. This just didn't seem to work for me. My t-zone was back to oily after an hour and then I had to blot all day long (as I was at work).