August 28, 2014 | 1305 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mally Beauty - Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this primer! I have gone on and off with Philosophy and Smashbox over the years, but they never really met all my needs. This stuff does everything. It's silky but not too wet (like Smashbox tends to be), it hides the pores around my nose, and it performs beautifully under my mineral makeup.

The jar doesn't bother me at all. I always wash my hands before applying makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I clicked "yes" for if I would buy this product again, but I am on the fence about that. I didn't click "no" because I do like this product but I just don't love it.

The consistency is gorgeous. It's spongey, creamy, soft, and feels like *silk* on your skin. It does mask small pores (but who needs those masked, anyway, since they're so small?!) but doesn't mask large pores. (I am on a quest to find a primer that really does mask large pores - and have not yet found one that does this.)

I'm not happy with the jar packaging. I feel it would be better in a squeeze tube. Perhaps Mally put it in a jar so that her consumers can use up every last drop of it??? I don't know. I use a spatula (from a different product) to scoop it out of the jar, so fewer germs contaminate it.

What I *do* love about this is that it does give my skin a nice "glow." And the glow is not from any type of glitter/sparkle. It's just a soft-diffused glow. If you do have small pores, this would be perfect. Unfortunately, my pores are like mini-craters on my face, so it's not perfect for me. However, this primer is no worse than any other primer I've used in the masking-pores department.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't irritated/encouraged any acne. And, despite the fact that it doesn't feel matte on the skin, it hasn't encouraged any oiliness, either. But I don't know how much it has *discouraged* any oiliness...

EDIT: I am liking this more and more. I wasn't using *enough* to mask my larger pores. Although it doesn't cover them completely (I have ice-pick scars and very large pores), it does make them diminish somewhat. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

Not a fan of this primer. My T-Zone doesn't work well w/this (oily t-zone, dry cheeks). My cheeks are fine, but I'm not really using it for them. I have to say that many Mally products are great. This just didn't seem to work for me. My t-zone was back to oily after an hour and then I had to blot all day long (as I was at work).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

This is my HG primer! It makes all my pores disappear, and my skin feels super smooth and supple. My foundation practically glides over it and sets well.I'm not too crazy about the smell, and the packaging which attracts bacteria because you have to dip your fingers in the tub everytime you apply but I'm sticking to this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by rnteacher

This is okay. I like my smashbox primer better. Not really a big difference than smashbox. Smashbox comes in a pump, you have to apply this with your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by miki08

I love this primer. It glides on, not greasy, and my make up stays on all day long. Most important it doesn't break me out, which Smashbox's photo finish primer does. My face is also less oily, but not dry. Myl pores seem to disappear, making my skin looks so smooth. Overall this primer does everyhting I expect from a primer. It's $35 but you get quite a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry for this long review but this product deserves it!!

I work overnights with special needs children which can be very taxing at times. After breakfast, helping with showers, and sweating up a storm my makeup is usually gone. Because I'm heading to class I rarely have time for touch-ups. I'm a person who spends more time in her car than she does at home. Between my books, my large purse which houses a small medicine cabinet AND snacks, I sometimes look like a bag lady. Because of my schedule and time limitations, I've had to taper my makeup down to almost nothing (concealer and Vaseline for my lips). Because of allergies, I've had to eliminate many products which I loved and which seemed to work well for me. I'd used Smashbox Photofinish Primer for years and liked the adequate results I received. I thought it was the best there was. But all that changed when I tried this out. This is hands down the best primer I have ever used. I decided to try it since it was introductory priced on my favorite shopping channel. MAN AM I GLAD I DID!!! It doesn't slide off, it minimizes pores, it makes makeup adhere to your face for a very long time, IT CONTROLS OIL, and it doesn't make my face burn or feel hot when I begin sweating. I don't experience any breakouts or those small rashy type bumps. I can apply my foundation over this primer, at 9pm on a Monday night, then go to work and continue my day as always and only need a light dusting of powder at 9am on Tuesday morning while on my way to school! This, after chasing or playing with the kids, making breakfast, getting them ready for school etc. For anyone who's familiar with autistic children you know they can be a handful. Now imagine helping with 10 of them and having your foundation and makeup last!!! That's how good this primer is. This primer is the main reason I decided to try the other makeup products from this line. Yes, they are expensive, but they truly live up to the hype and are worth their price. The 24/7 brow kit (love it), cancellation concealer (love it) .....THEY WORK!!! When I get home around 5pm that evening, my make-up is still intact!!

My only gripe is that this comes in a jar instead of a squeeze tube. Contamination is really easy with this product.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first thing I have to say about this primer is that it has the most delightfully "bouncy" texture and I can hardly keep from playing w/ it a little. Once applied, it glides on smoothly and diffuses away the pores around my nose, giving my face an almost "soft-focus" effect. Why the lower rating then? Well, b/c a few hours into wearing this under my powder foundation, my face is an out-and-out oil slick. Grease city. Oily oily oily -- NOT just an end-of-the-day shine in my t-zone. I'm not even sure how many blotting papers I've had to use in a day, suffice it to say: A LOT. At first I thought it was just b/c it's getting warmer and so my skin was just oilier naturally, but this past week I've been skipping this primer and my skin has been back to its regular self. Oh well. Love the pink packaging, the texture of the primer itself and also the fact that it starts out really well, but I wouldn't repurchase due to the grease factor. Primer Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Polymeyhylsilsesquioxane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 17 (CI 16035)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by AlexisMartinez84

I am a make up junkie, and I am willing to try anything once. I've always like the idea of using a primer, and I have tried many, but none of them compare to Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer. It's an amazing product and if you ask me it is well worth the price. It can be used on any skin type, I have normal to oily skin, and it's doesn't run or anything I love it! If this product becomes avaliable for auto deliverly you better believer I will be signing up for it. It's like putting icing on the cake when it comes to using this product and if you want even a better look put a little on top of your make up and BAM! You will be looking like one hot mama!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If ever our wish for the perfect primer came true this is it. I absolutely love this primer. The texture is silky and the product itself is sort of firm and squishy at the same time. A little goes a long way, it feels silky, not greasy, does not feel heavy or pore clogging, and it did help control the oiliness but most importantly your m/u does not budge. It was put to the test in 90 degree weather and my make up did not melt off, fade or look oily, it passed with flying colors. My skin was not irritated or feel suffocated like it does with other primers. I have sensitive acne-prone skin (it does have "cones" in it) this did not bother me one bit. I absolutely recommend this product 1000%-You get a 1oz. jar for $35 which is a bit pricey but to me very well worth it but in that same token I would’ve liked to see this in tube form. Mally you really hit the mark with this one-THANK YOU!"

Here’s the description:
What is it: An incredible way to help smooth out and resurface your skin, make your pores virtually disappear, fill in your fine lines and wrinkles, and make your makeup last all day.

Who is it for: Designed for all skin tones.

Why it is different: The primer contains marine spheres which fill and soften the look of tiny lines, a smooth silicone base that beautifully preps skin, and ingredients that make skin look brighter and firmer.

How do I use it: Smooth on skin before applying makeup. For an even more perfect, lineless and poreless look, apply over makeup.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No