November 26, 2014 | 1010 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mally Beauty - Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by deig123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Mally Poreless Primer. I bought it after watching The product on QVC. It so smooth, & light. It feels like silk going on your face, & makes your face so smooth. It helps your foundation to stay put, & lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this at Henri Bendel's for $35. The MA who did my makeup used this on me, followed by the Mally powder foundation and the concealer kit. This resulted in perfect, flawless skin. However, at home, I've been experimenting with different foundations, and have found that it doesn't work with everything. For example, it does not work well with any liquid that has silicones (which I guess makes sense, since this primer is already chock full of them). It works ok with the new Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. But, it seems to work best with a powder foundation or a pressed powder. Yesterday, I tried it with the YSL Matt pressed powder (the one with the heart imprint), and it worked exceedingly well. I looked poreless without being overdone or too matte. I didn't get oily until the afternoon.

I do like this primer, but don't love it. It doesn't work with everything I already have in my foundation wardrobe, it doesn't control the oilies as well as I'd like, and the jar is somewhat appalling. (I use a q-tip to scoop out the amount I'm going to use.) No breakouts yet, and the fluffy texture is nice.

I will update if anything changes. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this primer! I have gone on and off with Philosophy and Smashbox over the years, but they never really met all my needs. This stuff does everything. It's silky but not too wet (like Smashbox tends to be), it hides the pores around my nose, and it performs beautifully under my mineral makeup.

The jar doesn't bother me at all. I always wash my hands before applying makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I clicked "yes" for if I would buy this product again, but I am on the fence about that. I didn't click "no" because I do like this product but I just don't love it.

The consistency is gorgeous. It's spongey, creamy, soft, and feels like *silk* on your skin. It does mask small pores (but who needs those masked, anyway, since they're so small?!) but doesn't mask large pores. (I am on a quest to find a primer that really does mask large pores - and have not yet found one that does this.)

I'm not happy with the jar packaging. I feel it would be better in a squeeze tube. Perhaps Mally put it in a jar so that her consumers can use up every last drop of it??? I don't know. I use a spatula (from a different product) to scoop it out of the jar, so fewer germs contaminate it.

What I *do* love about this is that it does give my skin a nice "glow." And the glow is not from any type of glitter/sparkle. It's just a soft-diffused glow. If you do have small pores, this would be perfect. Unfortunately, my pores are like mini-craters on my face, so it's not perfect for me. However, this primer is no worse than any other primer I've used in the masking-pores department.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't irritated/encouraged any acne. And, despite the fact that it doesn't feel matte on the skin, it hasn't encouraged any oiliness, either. But I don't know how much it has *discouraged* any oiliness...

EDIT: I am liking this more and more. I wasn't using *enough* to mask my larger pores. Although it doesn't cover them completely (I have ice-pick scars and very large pores), it does make them diminish somewhat. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

Not a fan of this primer. My T-Zone doesn't work well w/this (oily t-zone, dry cheeks). My cheeks are fine, but I'm not really using it for them. I have to say that many Mally products are great. This just didn't seem to work for me. My t-zone was back to oily after an hour and then I had to blot all day long (as I was at work).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

This is my HG primer! It makes all my pores disappear, and my skin feels super smooth and supple. My foundation practically glides over it and sets well.I'm not too crazy about the smell, and the packaging which attracts bacteria because you have to dip your fingers in the tub everytime you apply but I'm sticking to this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by rnteacher

This is okay. I like my smashbox primer better. Not really a big difference than smashbox. Smashbox comes in a pump, you have to apply this with your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by miki08

I love this primer. It glides on, not greasy, and my make up stays on all day long. Most important it doesn't break me out, which Smashbox's photo finish primer does. My face is also less oily, but not dry. Myl pores seem to disappear, making my skin looks so smooth. Overall this primer does everyhting I expect from a primer. It's $35 but you get quite a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry for this long review but this product deserves it!!

I work overnights with special needs children which can be very taxing at times. After breakfast, helping with showers, and sweating up a storm my makeup is usually gone. Because I'm heading to class I rarely have time for touch-ups. I'm a person who spends more time in her car than she does at home. Between my books, my large purse which houses a small medicine cabinet AND snacks, I sometimes look like a bag lady. Because of my schedule and time limitations, I've had to taper my makeup down to almost nothing (concealer and Vaseline for my lips). Because of allergies, I've had to eliminate many products which I loved and which seemed to work well for me. I'd used Smashbox Photofinish Primer for years and liked the adequate results I received. I thought it was the best there was. But all that changed when I tried this out. This is hands down the best primer I have ever used. I decided to try it since it was introductory priced on my favorite shopping channel. MAN AM I GLAD I DID!!! It doesn't slide off, it minimizes pores, it makes makeup adhere to your face for a very long time, IT CONTROLS OIL, and it doesn't make my face burn or feel hot when I begin sweating. I don't experience any breakouts or those small rashy type bumps. I can apply my foundation over this primer, at 9pm on a Monday night, then go to work and continue my day as always and only need a light dusting of powder at 9am on Tuesday morning while on my way to school! This, after chasing or playing with the kids, making breakfast, getting them ready for school etc. For anyone who's familiar with autistic children you know they can be a handful. Now imagine helping with 10 of them and having your foundation and makeup last!!! That's how good this primer is. This primer is the main reason I decided to try the other makeup products from this line. Yes, they are expensive, but they truly live up to the hype and are worth their price. The 24/7 brow kit (love it), cancellation concealer (love it) .....THEY WORK!!! When I get home around 5pm that evening, my make-up is still intact!!

My only gripe is that this comes in a jar instead of a squeeze tube. Contamination is really easy with this product.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first thing I have to say about this primer is that it has the most delightfully "bouncy" texture and I can hardly keep from playing w/ it a little. Once applied, it glides on smoothly and diffuses away the pores around my nose, giving my face an almost "soft-focus" effect. Why the lower rating then? Well, b/c a few hours into wearing this under my powder foundation, my face is an out-and-out oil slick. Grease city. Oily oily oily -- NOT just an end-of-the-day shine in my t-zone. I'm not even sure how many blotting papers I've had to use in a day, suffice it to say: A LOT. At first I thought it was just b/c it's getting warmer and so my skin was just oilier naturally, but this past week I've been skipping this primer and my skin has been back to its regular self. Oh well. Love the pink packaging, the texture of the primer itself and also the fact that it starts out really well, but I wouldn't repurchase due to the grease factor. Primer Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Polymeyhylsilsesquioxane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide-2, Peg-10 Rapseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 17 (CI 16035)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No