April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsjoudat

Oh my god ! My HG .. I have the weirdest skin , It gets Flaky and oily at the same places . BUT ! This gave me Amazing skin ( i got it in 03 ) , a satin finish but i noticed that it was mat on my hand , so it's probably my moisturizer . It is not heavy at all but gives great coverage ! I am Inlove !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a humangous sample of this fd after buying shimmer perfume spray (they r límites edition nd I'm a sucker for that). After testdriving it for a month I'm still not sure if I'm gonna buy. If not it will be only the price that will make me keep on looking. I find it quite unique. I've lost count to the amount of fd I tried (pretty much from every brand out there). I must have sinned in my previous life a lot that now I'm curse with the ugly, porous, scarred skin like that plus my rosasea makes me look sickly and unhealthy. Of course fd is my friend and I wish I could afford to befriend this one. I got the lightest shade 01 and it was a very natural colormatch. What I love the most is that after you put it on as if all the liquid evaporates and you don't feel anything on your face. As other mentioned it is runny like a TM and watery like a serum but when you put it on the pigmentation is there and it is great . It covers redness and scarring great. It feels light and doesn't rub off on the collars and my beloved turtleneck (only revlon colorstay does that too). It looks like 2nd skin and so natural, satin finish , not totally matt, not dewy, just right. If you hate a cakey look of all fd but struggle to find one with medium to full coverage, try it out in a sample by stopping by a counter.
Ok, why would I NOT purchase it if it is all around great and wonderfully. Well, for my uneven skin texture (all types of scarring: icepicks, boxscars, plus dilated pores on my nose and cheeks it is just not enough evening out b/c it is so light in texture. I guess its best feature backfires when it needs to fill in all the holes and ridges, it just doesn't have enough weight to it. I tried it with different primer ( Lancome La base, Nars cone free, Laura Mercier etc) to no avail. It is still a beautiful product and while I move on to my next fd on my list I'll start being a good girl hoping that it will earn me a better skin in my next life where I can wear it and just look so natural and elegant.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by cashmerelover

Great coverage, I love the fact that 03 matches my skin tone flawlessly, and it does not break me out. Plus it stays on the whole day. I only use half a pump in the centre of my face to diffuse redness and post partum uneven skin tone ( which I suspect will be premanent:(. Anyway, as long as Guerlain makes either this or Lingerie de peau which is equally impressive but a touch lighter, I will have seemingly amazing skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by McCartney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not impressed. Not at all. This surprised me since I love Guerlain products in general. In the case of my Parure foundation, I will return to my Makeup ForEver HD foundation. I can't believe I was lured in by a luxurious-looking bottle. An important note: It is important that you shake it prior to pumping it out for application otherwise it will appear to be too runny, and shaking it will ensure it's more evenly distributed. You will also need to work very, very quickly as it sets almost instantaneously and makes blending almost impossible. It is not a foundation I would choose to wear all over my face because it feels way too dry and mask-like. Believe me, I moisturize prior to applying and use the Meteorites primer as well.

I am keeping it; however, I will not be purchasing this again. That being said, the bottle is quite elegant. Still, for what we women pay for makeup, shouldn't we be able to expect a lot more than an impressive container?

I have gone back to my favorite foundation--Makeup ForEver HD. Those who use it know it blends smoothly and feels dewy.

Though I love most Guerlain products and certainly love their fragrance line, I was completely disappointed by the Parure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I love guerlain foundations, after trying quite a few i have come back to this one again in 02 which is slightly more pink but it dosn't look really pink when on the 03 is to dark and orange for me so when i next get paid im going to get the 03 and mix the 02 and 03 together as i loove guerlains foundations, they look very natural and i do get bit of a shine on but then all (apart from matte which make my face look as dry as the saharia dessert) so i would prefer to have abit of a sweaty glow rather than a dry old boot.I have tried para, lingerie and gold and the gold was the best but waaaaaaaaay to much money, lingerie is good 2 but not as good with staying power so i have gone back to para extreame for the winter.Just remember to moisterise before as it can go on dry but does become a nice glow as the day goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Disa17

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I require heavy coverage, however, I dislike a caked on look. This product delivers. The texture is like nothing I've used before. I love it, love it, love it. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! The reason I gave a 4 in the overall rating is that like most cosmetics I think we all pay too much.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this one. I had a bad week on the job-new boss who I dont like already, more work piled on, you probably know what I mean...So I went out and do what I do sometimes when I am depressed and bought this expensive stuff. I have the foundation in 03. At first I was given 04, but the color oxidized and was too dark in about an hour after application.So I recommend that you wear this at least that long before you decide on the color. This formula does not give me that ethereal translucent look that I was after. But on a good note it doesnt transfer at all. I like it better than Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, and MUFE HD. I am still playing around with the best way to apply this and whether to use a primer or not and what type of primer, but so far I dont think this is worth the price or the hype. edit:I dont like it-not a good color match and it oxidizes to a gray on me.It settles in my pores and is way too flat a color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product off reviews alone and I'm glad I did. I chose #02 Beige Clair and when I put it on my face it appeared at once too pink, too yellow and too dark. However a bit of blending and the matching loose powder in the same colour later and I have a perfect colour match to my skin with no noticeable difference between my neck and face. You actually need to give the product 10mins to settle before you will see the final colour result. It looked all wrong in the bottle but settles perfectly on my skin.

The feel of it isn't quite weightless but it certainly doesnt look or feel mask like. The result is extremely natural and satin to matte finish. Once it dries it doesn't budge which is perfect. thisnis the only foundation I have ever used that with less than professional technique gives a look very close to a magazine finish. I've never had anything that looked so great on my skin before and my skin is very, very far from being perfect. The coverage is medium, some skin imperfections will still show through but I prefer that as it's a more natural finish and doesn't look like you've piled
tones of makeup on. I topped it off with concealer in my dark areas, Guerlains Loose Voilettes powder in #02 Beige Clair and it looks perfect. I always had problems with blush looking bad on me because it would get lost in the uneven skin tone showing through underneath. But with this foundation, my same blushes give excellent and very pretty colour payoff, they stay true to their original colour.

I am so pleased with the result of this that I think the $60 it costs is a very small price to pay. I gave up wearing liquid foundations years ago because of their poor results but I'm converted now. It's light enough to wear everyday and I will report back on the longevity once I've given it a proper road test.

Road testing - I work as a flight attendant and the aircraft cabin is a really peculiar environment. Products that are excellent at sea level often fail miserably onboard. The air is so dry that your skin goes into overdrive producing oil and it's not unusual for makeup to slide off your face within a few hours. I work 10hr shifts without any time to reapply my makeup so it has to go on in the morning and stay there all night. I'm glad ot report that this makeup lasts more than a typical shift for me. I look as perfect at the end of a day as I did when my makeup was fresh. It stays put, doesn't dry my skin out and never loses it's velvety sheen which I like so much. Even better I no longer end up with foundation all over my uniform. This is the perfect foundation for someone who works this job. My skin is normal to dry but my nose gets oily as all heck. This foundation copes with all of that and feels very kind to my skin. You do have to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off though because it's not budging fr anything. I even soaked my face with water at the end of shift to try and get it to run. The water beaded on my skin and that foundation was not moving at all.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

04 Moyen Beige. Just an excellent product. Bought after viewing this site looking for a foundation last year. Have used them all...from the cheapest to expensive. It was hard to match my skin at first (it changes a little after application) but I have never used a foundation that looks so natural, goes on so smooth, stays on all day and is an A in my book. Make sure that you shake this really good before pumping it out. You only need a little bit with a good application brush and then finish with a sponge. If you don't shake it- it will come out very runny and not the right color. Last summer I worked outside in up to 103 degree heat photographing and although my eye makeup was running down my face- the Purure Extreme did not budge. And it has spf 25! This stuff is pretty awesome at a pretty awesome price! I do use it now only for "going somewhere" special" and use, believe it or not - L'oreal Absolut Foundation in Sun Beige on a regular basis as well as Laura Mercier Tinted oil free moisture makeup in Sand. I picked up the L'oreal Absolut at Target for $10.65!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say?! Guerlain foundations just do it for me. This is my special ocassion foundation. I wear the same shade in this line that I do in the Guerlain Lingerie d' peau (#23). It is a bit more matte than Lingerie but it still has a great Luminous finish. It maybe 4 dollars more than Chanel Mat Lumiere's but I will pick Guerlain foundations over Chanel's any day. This foundation is GORGEOUS in coverage, finish, staying power. I really do love this foundation. And just like with the Lingerie d' peau I set it with MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark.