December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by roubella

I wore this foundation without concealer during my sisters wedding. I was the organiser and a bridesmaid too so I was under alot of stress AND was going to be photographed continously throughout the day!! I gave this 5 because it truly is the BEST foundation I have ever tried, my criteria when it comes to foundation is no1: should look as natural as possible, no2: I DONT WANT to be reapplying, it has to last, no3: I dont want to look like a powdery ghost drenched in flour in flash photography and no4: I dont want to look like a sweaty, oily shiny or waxy mess in photography, I dont want to look like a sweaty, oily, shiny, waxy mess period!. I dont have anti-aging concerns right now so I'm not looking for a face-moulding or sculpting/lifting foundation. But I do sometimes get one or two blemishes (which ofcourse just HAD TO crop up days before my sis's wedding!!) and reddish inflamed pores. I've tried soooooo many foundations and I've never found one that covers my blemishes , they often just cake or peel around them or the foundation wears off after a few hours.With this foundation the coverage lasted all day, in photographs my skin looked natural, glowy and satiny not at all shiny and my blemishes were completely hidden even in closeups btw I dont wear concealer. I ALWAYS wear this foundation when I know I'm going to have my photo taken even if it's just passport photos lol! It meets all my criteria and the packaging just makes me feel elegant and special lol :))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by piradanan9

This is my almost the best one. The smell is so lovely. I love love love the finish look. Please imagine it s glow no need any shimmer or higlighter and your complexion is looks like hard boiled egg after peeling. Or can say likes ceramic texture but not caky!!! Great coverage, It s light weight foundation feeling so fine if you need more coverage can put more layers says it buildable. I found out that no need powder to set the foundation just only foundation and you are ready to go ^^ I'm so happy i got the right color. The package looks beautiful but one sad point couldn t see how much I have left.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by 4ipatama

This foundation and meteorites perles powder is an amazing combination to get a perfectly even, almost photoshopped, and glowy skin. I was never a fan of Guerlain (I always found their products way too expensive), but I recently got Meteorites very cheap on our local ebay-kind-of page, and I fell in love. So I decided to try Parure Extreme which I read a lot about.

The disturbing moment is that I had to order this from an international web store since in Europe they don't sell the 01 Beige Pale shade (02 is too dark for me who usually wears the lightest shade in every foundation). When I recieved it, the consistency seemed to be watery, but after shaking it appeared thicker. It applies well, but since it's a high-coverage foundation I feel that my Sigma F80 brush (which provides thick coverage) can't blend it that well - I might try it with MAC187 instead. The coverage reminded me of Double Wear, if not better. You definitely don't need a concealer with this foundation.

The 01 shade of Parure Extreme is a bit lighter than Chanel's number 20. It does oxidize, and it is a a bit too yellow/dark for me - at least, now in January when I am super pale. I think, in summer this will be perfect. Right now I fix it with the lightest shade of meteorites perles and it helps me to brighten the foundation and make my skin really satin-like and glowy. The foundation itself gives a matte finish but turns dewy in an hour or so - and I must say that I really like that radiant finish.

I have really mixed skin (oily and acne prone, but dry in some areas in winter). Since this is a super long-wear foundation, I don't think it's really good for dry skin. But comparing to EL Double Wear, this feels much more gentle and is also much easier to remove.

If I compare it to other foundations I tried (EL Double Wear, Lancome TI Ultra, Chanel Mat Lumiere), this is probably the best one considering coverage and staying power (i did workout quite a lot last week and even sweating did nothing to this foundation). I really hope it won't break me out, however I am somewhat afraid to fall in love with this foundation, since this is expensive and my shade is not sold in Europe!

I also need to say that the bottle is really beautiful and luxurious, like all Guerlain packages, even though I am not a person who cares about bottles that much... It's a plesant plus, as well as a pump.

Final thoughts: this is an a-m-a-z-i-n-g foundation, like someone said - a luxurious, glowy and better-textured version of the famous EL Double Wear. I highly recommend it to people with scarring, redness and other imperfections - this will make your skin airbrushed. I'll see how this foundation continues to work for me, try other application techniques and update this review with time. For now, I give it a 4 (could be a 5 if Guerlain would be more clever and sell lighter shades somewhere else except Asia, and if the price tag would not be so high).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsjoudat

Oh my god ! My HG .. I have the weirdest skin , It gets Flaky and oily at the same places . BUT ! This gave me Amazing skin ( i got it in 03 ) , a satin finish but i noticed that it was mat on my hand , so it's probably my moisturizer . It is not heavy at all but gives great coverage ! I am Inlove !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a humangous sample of this fd after buying shimmer perfume spray (they r límites edition nd I'm a sucker for that). After testdriving it for a month I'm still not sure if I'm gonna buy. If not it will be only the price that will make me keep on looking. I find it quite unique. I've lost count to the amount of fd I tried (pretty much from every brand out there). I must have sinned in my previous life a lot that now I'm curse with the ugly, porous, scarred skin like that plus my rosasea makes me look sickly and unhealthy. Of course fd is my friend and I wish I could afford to befriend this one. I got the lightest shade 01 and it was a very natural colormatch. What I love the most is that after you put it on as if all the liquid evaporates and you don't feel anything on your face. As other mentioned it is runny like a TM and watery like a serum but when you put it on the pigmentation is there and it is great . It covers redness and scarring great. It feels light and doesn't rub off on the collars and my beloved turtleneck (only revlon colorstay does that too). It looks like 2nd skin and so natural, satin finish , not totally matt, not dewy, just right. If you hate a cakey look of all fd but struggle to find one with medium to full coverage, try it out in a sample by stopping by a counter.
Ok, why would I NOT purchase it if it is all around great and wonderfully. Well, for my uneven skin texture (all types of scarring: icepicks, boxscars, plus dilated pores on my nose and cheeks it is just not enough evening out b/c it is so light in texture. I guess its best feature backfires when it needs to fill in all the holes and ridges, it just doesn't have enough weight to it. I tried it with different primer ( Lancome La base, Nars cone free, Laura Mercier etc) to no avail. It is still a beautiful product and while I move on to my next fd on my list I'll start being a good girl hoping that it will earn me a better skin in my next life where I can wear it and just look so natural and elegant.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by cashmerelover

Great coverage, I love the fact that 03 matches my skin tone flawlessly, and it does not break me out. Plus it stays on the whole day. I only use half a pump in the centre of my face to diffuse redness and post partum uneven skin tone ( which I suspect will be premanent:(. Anyway, as long as Guerlain makes either this or Lingerie de peau which is equally impressive but a touch lighter, I will have seemingly amazing skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by McCartney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not impressed. Not at all. This surprised me since I love Guerlain products in general. In the case of my Parure foundation, I will return to my Makeup ForEver HD foundation. I can't believe I was lured in by a luxurious-looking bottle. An important note: It is important that you shake it prior to pumping it out for application otherwise it will appear to be too runny, and shaking it will ensure it's more evenly distributed. You will also need to work very, very quickly as it sets almost instantaneously and makes blending almost impossible. It is not a foundation I would choose to wear all over my face because it feels way too dry and mask-like. Believe me, I moisturize prior to applying and use the Meteorites primer as well.

I am keeping it; however, I will not be purchasing this again. That being said, the bottle is quite elegant. Still, for what we women pay for makeup, shouldn't we be able to expect a lot more than an impressive container?

I have gone back to my favorite foundation--Makeup ForEver HD. Those who use it know it blends smoothly and feels dewy.

Though I love most Guerlain products and certainly love their fragrance line, I was completely disappointed by the Parure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I love guerlain foundations, after trying quite a few i have come back to this one again in 02 which is slightly more pink but it dosn't look really pink when on the 03 is to dark and orange for me so when i next get paid im going to get the 03 and mix the 02 and 03 together as i loove guerlains foundations, they look very natural and i do get bit of a shine on but then all (apart from matte which make my face look as dry as the saharia dessert) so i would prefer to have abit of a sweaty glow rather than a dry old boot.I have tried para, lingerie and gold and the gold was the best but waaaaaaaaay to much money, lingerie is good 2 but not as good with staying power so i have gone back to para extreame for the winter.Just remember to moisterise before as it can go on dry but does become a nice glow as the day goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Disa17

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I require heavy coverage, however, I dislike a caked on look. This product delivers. The texture is like nothing I've used before. I love it, love it, love it. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! The reason I gave a 4 in the overall rating is that like most cosmetics I think we all pay too much.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this one. I had a bad week on the job-new boss who I dont like already, more work piled on, you probably know what I mean...So I went out and do what I do sometimes when I am depressed and bought this expensive stuff. I have the foundation in 03. At first I was given 04, but the color oxidized and was too dark in about an hour after application.So I recommend that you wear this at least that long before you decide on the color. This formula does not give me that ethereal translucent look that I was after. But on a good note it doesnt transfer at all. I like it better than Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, and MUFE HD. I am still playing around with the best way to apply this and whether to use a primer or not and what type of primer, but so far I dont think this is worth the price or the hype. edit:I dont like it-not a good color match and it oxidizes to a gray on me.It settles in my pores and is way too flat a color.