December 18, 2014 | 980 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite make-up bag brush. I use powder foundation on a daily basis, so I need a really soft, dense brush, and this works perfectly. The bristles are really soft, and the metal seems to be sturdy enough to protect the bristles. The polyvinyl packaging loses a point for the fact that it is not reusable, though it is marketed as though it is (why would you need this bag anyway with a retractable brush?) After about a year, the glue inside the first one I bought started to come apart, and I just recently threw it away and replaced it. I would be upset if a more expensive brush fell apart after only a year, but these are so inexpensive ($6.99 at KMart) and easy to find!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by helenavera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous thing. Really enjoy applying powder with it. No regrets. But how could you regret at this price?!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush bec. of the retractability and the cap - no way can you pack a good brush for travel otherwise. The price is sure right, the cruelty free aspect appealed largely, and it feels pretty soft. I am not crazy about the Made in China bit, but I realize that's why they are so cheap. 7.99 at Kmart. I could see owning more than one of these, so that I can allow enough drying time after washing.

I'll see how they hold up. I've had a BBW retractable powder brush for over ten years - I'll be happy if this lasts five. This Ecotools brush is even smaller - nice for packing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by BeetheBee

I really love this kabuki. It has great coverage and picks up enough product. However, I've had mine for at least a year, and the kabuki broke out of the little case thing in less than a few months. Be careful when washing that the water doesn't get to the glue. But it's still awesome, even broken!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I freakin' love this thing! This is the only makeup brush I use (I'm kind of minimalist that way) with the exception of my Sonia Kashuk spoolie. I am very happy with it. With the sides "up" (if that makes any sense) it's a fabulous stippling brush, and I use it that way to apply my pressed powder. Before using a setting spray I use it again, sides down, to remove any excess powder. It's soft, portable and perfect for my needs.

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Best brush ever! I use this for compact powder and sometimes for blush if I cannot find my normal brush. I love it! There is no softer/nicer brush out there. Its portability is definitely enhanced by its retractability. It is mess-free. Good bang for your buck. It is easy to wash and take care of as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm a vegetarian so over the years I've acquired a number of artificial bristles brushes and Ecotools win hands-down!!! I have the retractable kabuki as well as the eye-set and an extra eye-shadow brush. I wish I had discovered them earlier. They are so much softer than all the other brushes I've got and the range is impressive. I love them 100%. The fact they are Eco-friendly is a bonus :) All pros no cons for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good quality brush that is a must in the make-up purse I bring everywhere. It's nicely sized, soft to touch and doesn't shed. I use it for powders, blush, mineral makeup and veils, and it is definitely a multi-purpose brush. If you need one brush for your make-up purse, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it to apply my mineral powder and my setting powder. I absolutely love it. It's very easy to handle. It sheds one or two strands when I wash it. And it takes quite a while to dry compared to my other brushes, but I love it nonetheless. It's very soft and affordable. I'm so happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do really like this brush, it's very soft & dense & it's perfect for apply bronzer or setting powders. My only problem is that since it's retractable, it's near impossible to clean...you can't get all the way down to the bristles so there's always build up. It is decently priced though, so it's not too expensive that I couldn't just buy a new one.