April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, when they say illuminating, they really mean it! I'm currently an NC 25 and No. 2 is a near perfect match for me. This has decent coverage that can be built up. I also feel like I have that "no makeup look". a feeling I love, especially that warmer weather is on it's way:) This for me really brightens my dry, dull uneven complexion. But I can understand why not everyone will like it. It does contain light reflecting minerals, which can to some seem like .....glitter. And for the oily ladies out there, you may find this makes you look toooo shiny. But on my skin which also has scarring, this product kind of blurs the scars...If that makes sense.....I find the concealer a nice added bonus, but not HG status. I just wish the pixi line was a smidge cheaper, considering for $30 bucks I could go to Sephora and buy something. FYI on target's website there is a coupon for $2.00 off on pixi, Jemma Kidd and NP. Oh and I luv the spf 20!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenearll87

This is the product that I have been looking for for years! I wanted a luminous and flawless-looking complexion without looking like I'm wearing makeup. I have tried everything and this is the ticket! It gives me the luminous glow that I've been craving with no greasy feel. It feels so light and silky on my skin. It is gentle and contain vitamins that are actually good for my sensitive skin. The concealer part is great too; it matches perfectly and blends really well, and it's very pigmented. I love this product and I will buy it again. And again and again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really good TM. I have very picky skin and everything makes me breakout. I have such a hard time finding a formula that doesn't break me out that I've completely stopped wearing face makeup except for some blush and eye makeup. My skin has been a lot easier to deal with since I stopped wearing makeup but there are times where I really wish I could, especially for those special occasions.
This TM is very sheer, more than other TMs I've tried but that doesn't bother me. I've been using this for about a week and I haven't broken out at all! I love that this doesn't make my face feel greasy, it just makes my skin feel comfortable and not drying. The concealer is great too, it covers so well. I even use it under my eyes, I just use an eye cream first and then this goes on perfectly. I love that both the TM and concealer are yellow based, there are so many colors out there that are too pink or orangey but not this, this looks so natural. Overall, this would be perfect if it weren't for a couple things. It's basically what people have griped about already. I'm not a big fan of the shimmer and the price tag. I usually hate shimmery makeup except for eye shadow. My skin is oily so shimmer only enhances it. I will never understand why anybody would put shimmer in foundations/TMs. I can see the appeal in a shimmery highlighter meant only for certain areas like cheeks but for all over? It's suppose to look like natural skin right? Well natural skin doesn't shimmer! It's hard to pull off a natural look when your skin is shimmering. I really wish they would make another formula without the shimmer because then it would be perfect.
But I will say that even though I'm not a fan of shimmer, it's not obnoxious. It's very fine so it's not that noticeable and I can get away with it. It's only slightly noticeable in certain bright lighting. If you are outside on a sunny day, I wouldn't recommend wearing this product unless you want to look like a 5 year old. It's the most noticeable outside in the sun, look in the mirror and you will see shimmer all over your face! But for indoors, it's not noticeable at all. It's good for a day at the office but not for a day at the park.
The price is high for such a small bottle. This is only 1oz and it's $30.
Since this is the only product I have found that does not make me break out, I can use this confidently and not worry about my skin so because of that I will repurchase. In the meantime, I will be on the hunt for a natural looking TM that doesn't clog pores with no shimmer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by phan22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this tinted moisturizer! It gives me a dewy natural look. I got it in the lightest color and it fits my skin tone perfectly. It's a more yellow-based color, I think. Hasn't made me break out in the few months I've used it. I don't use the concealer part unless I'm in a hurry because it doesn't cover my dry pimples well since it accentuates flakiness, but it's good for the redness around my nose/mouth/chin. Too dry for under my eyes. I only use a small amount of the tinted moisturizer to even out my skin and impart a subtle dewy glow. Sometimes i'll use just on areas I want to "highlight" like the top of my cheekbones, down my nose, around my inner corners of eyes, sides of nose, sides of mouth...but it's obviously not AS shimmery as a real liquid highlighter. I like the ingredients and it's easy to spread, not thick or goopy. Really gives a natural-looking soft focus effect because of the subtle shimmer. It's also easy to purchase at your local Target instead of having to pay for shipping or drive to Sephora or something. Kind of expensive for the amount you get, and although I said I would repurchase, I'm kind of unsure because I prefer the tinted moisturizer part over the concealer, so I think i'll always end up with leftover concealer which is a waste...BUT, I still like this product overall, so I would recommend to other normal to dry skinned ladies who need a tinted moisturizer with minimal coverage, light feel, and dewiness. This product also has antioxidants and spf 20- since I'm more dry, I still moisturize before applying this. Would probably be good for travel due to it's compact size and "two-in-one" packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by PeachyKeen04

I kept looking and looking at this product in Target for weeks, maybe months. Wanting to purchase but not wanting to pay 30 bucks, I finally caved and man am I glad I did!!

This is THE BEST tinted mouisturizer I've ever used, and I've tried alot of them. It's also the only one that I would wear everyday, not just when I'm not going any where special. The concealer is awesome, too, which makes this product so worth it! I do set mine with a mineral powder (a Mary Kay one) which does add slight coverage and keeps it from getting a little oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rabbit5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only facial makeup that does not make me break out. Whenever I stray from it, I have a problem, and I get mad at myself for using something else and end up coming right back to it. It is worth a 5 just for this aspect. That said, there are a few shortcomings, which I am willing to accept, as the most important thing for me, which nothing else I have ever tried was able to do, is to prevent/not cause facial breakouts). The problem is that I have to buy the two lightest shades, Bare Glow and Nude Glow and mix them together (I am an NC20, for reference) to get the perfect shade. I also have trouble finding this sometimes, because the Target inventory can be spotty and some Targets do not cary Pixi at all. However, it can be obtained from their website and from Pixi's website. I wear Amlatin on my face under this, and they work together perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Bare Glow.

Tinted Moisturiser: this shade matches my yellow-toned skin perfectly- it's very sheer, evens out my skin tone very well and blurs imperfections. I love the fact it is oil-free, talc-free and has spf 20. However, I find that under certain lighting this can appear very glittery on my skin. I appreciate that it IS an illuminating product but for someone with oily skin like me, it can make the skin look quite greasy. This is why I avoid putting this on my T-zone.

Concealer: the concealer is a shade lighter than the tinted moisturiser but they seem to work really well together despite the shade difference. The concealer has no shimmering particles at all, it's very creamy, easy to blend and I love the natural look without compromise on coverage.

I do love the concealer, but that won't persuade me to repurchase because although I love it's lightweight texture, the tinted moisturiser is too glittery for me. But for anyone with normal, dry or simply looking for radiance, the formula would be great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would never have thought to use a tinted moisturizer on my acne prone oily skin. Turned out to be the best thing I have ever used. It is a tad bit sparkely, but nothing a good powder cant tone down. All and all it keeps my skin from being overly oily. The conceler that it comes with matches perfeclty so that takes guess work out. My usually uneven acne skin looks pretty darn good with this stuff on. After I apply it I feel like my skin looks normal for a change. It also seems to be helping my skin to clear up. It is a bit expensive but so far it seems to be worth it. Feeling pretty with my bad skin isnt and easy task but this stuff makes it easy to achive. It almost feels as if you have nothing on which is SUPER nice when your skin is already oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Ehhhhh.

Skintype: Acneprone, combo, some scarring and some large pores, some redness here and there.

For a tinted moisturizer, $30 or not, you only get 1oz of product. Sure, it comes with a bonus concealer but, really, I don't need it, as I already have concealer. The bonus concealer itself is not very pigmented - I had to swipe it over my dark circles and HP spots a few times, and even then it still didn't provide full coverage. I found it drying and easy to cake.

I dont have the best skin but its getting better. Right now I am looking more for something to even out skin tone and diminish redness. This is really sheer stuff, which is fine I expect that, but I didn't see it helping out evening out my skin tone. Also - glitter. Even after I powdered, throughout the day I looked shiny and sweaty.

I'm NC25 and used Bare Glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by sartay

I am in love!! I am one of those people who rarely write reviews (though I read them constantly haha) but this is just so good that I had to share my experience. I have actually been using this consistently for about 3 months now, after I went through a major foundation overhaul. I tried EVERYTHING. I had been using mostly MAC studio fix powder or fluid, but was getting fed up with the foundation ruining my skin and the unnatural appearance. So, I underwent a detailed search, trying everything under the sun (MAC studio sculpt and face and body, bareminerals, everyday minerals, pur minerals, laura mercier tinted moisturizer (oil-free), Tarte's TM... you get the idea...) Anyway, I ran into this at Target one day, and decided to give it a try. IT IS AMAZING. The coverage is great for a TM, and the finish is luminoius, but not shiny. Also, I love the included concealer (I use it for facial blemishes, and Amazing Concealer for my dark circles). Also, my skin has cleared up! I set this with a pur minerals transluent powder just in the T-zone, and it lasts all day. G