September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by thedogatemyname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous product! I thought about purchasing this product for weeks and then I finally broke down and did. I didn't want to spend that much money for a product that is readily available at Target. I figured for another $20 I could buy Chanel. Having said that I am so glad that I purchased this tinted moisturizer.

Five lippies...the coverage is light and brightens your complexion. I'm not into glittery face looks and was worried I'd look like a disco queen. Not true at all. Just beautiful and it looks as though you're literally lit from within. The concealer was the part that I wasn't interested in before purchasing. I kept wondering why that was even on there. I figured it was a waste of space and precious product. I couldn't have been more wrong! The concealer is worth the money WITHOUT the moisturizer. I am not kidding. It's that good. I have never in my life found a concealer to hide my dark undereye circles. This does. I cannot imagine two products that go so flawlessly together. The product was thought out and created perfectly. There's nothing I'd change...maybe other than adding more product for the price.

Price $30 from zappos.com
It's certainly not cheap!

Packaging is great, I just wish there was more of it.

I will buy this product forever. It's beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It's my staple for the summer and however much I stray from this in a quest to find something else, I always go back to this.
I have oil, sensitive skin with some red marks from acne. I'm a NC10/15 in MAC terms, and always use the lightest shades on foundation, so I use no.1, Light Glow. It's a touch too dark for me in winter, but in summer, it's perfect.

PROS:
- Beautiful, natural finish.
- Really is 'illuminating' without being oily
- Sheer coverage, but covers acne marks.
- Lasts a good 8 hours.
- Doesn't accentuate dry patches.
- Perfect no-makeup makeup! You really can't tell I've got it on.

CONS:
- Quite expensive (£23.50) but not as much as some other high end and worse foundations I've tried!
- The concealor in the cap can be a little cakey and is certainly too drying for under the eye. Pefectly fine for spots, if all you want to take is this combo-tube on a weekend away or something/emergencies.
- Limited colour range, darker skintones will not find anything! Only 4 shades.

Overally, this is definite my favourite TM out of the ones I've tried (Laura Mercier, Stila, MAC, Clinque). Forever permanent residence in my makeup bag!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by citychic909

You will love this tinted moisturizer if you're looking for one with just a bit more coverage than normal. I've tried countless expensive tinted moisturizers, but this one definitely works best if you have combination skin and want a bit more than minimal coverage. Just wish the concealer was more sanitary!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, when they say illuminating, they really mean it! I'm currently an NC 25 and No. 2 is a near perfect match for me. This has decent coverage that can be built up. I also feel like I have that "no makeup look". a feeling I love, especially that warmer weather is on it's way:) This for me really brightens my dry, dull uneven complexion. But I can understand why not everyone will like it. It does contain light reflecting minerals, which can to some seem like .....glitter. And for the oily ladies out there, you may find this makes you look toooo shiny. But on my skin which also has scarring, this product kind of blurs the scars...If that makes sense.....I find the concealer a nice added bonus, but not HG status. I just wish the pixi line was a smidge cheaper, considering for $30 bucks I could go to Sephora and buy something. FYI on target's website there is a coupon for $2.00 off on pixi, Jemma Kidd and NP. Oh and I luv the spf 20!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenearll87

This is the product that I have been looking for for years! I wanted a luminous and flawless-looking complexion without looking like I'm wearing makeup. I have tried everything and this is the ticket! It gives me the luminous glow that I've been craving with no greasy feel. It feels so light and silky on my skin. It is gentle and contain vitamins that are actually good for my sensitive skin. The concealer part is great too; it matches perfectly and blends really well, and it's very pigmented. I love this product and I will buy it again. And again and again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really good TM. I have very picky skin and everything makes me breakout. I have such a hard time finding a formula that doesn't break me out that I've completely stopped wearing face makeup except for some blush and eye makeup. My skin has been a lot easier to deal with since I stopped wearing makeup but there are times where I really wish I could, especially for those special occasions.
This TM is very sheer, more than other TMs I've tried but that doesn't bother me. I've been using this for about a week and I haven't broken out at all! I love that this doesn't make my face feel greasy, it just makes my skin feel comfortable and not drying. The concealer is great too, it covers so well. I even use it under my eyes, I just use an eye cream first and then this goes on perfectly. I love that both the TM and concealer are yellow based, there are so many colors out there that are too pink or orangey but not this, this looks so natural. Overall, this would be perfect if it weren't for a couple things. It's basically what people have griped about already. I'm not a big fan of the shimmer and the price tag. I usually hate shimmery makeup except for eye shadow. My skin is oily so shimmer only enhances it. I will never understand why anybody would put shimmer in foundations/TMs. I can see the appeal in a shimmery highlighter meant only for certain areas like cheeks but for all over? It's suppose to look like natural skin right? Well natural skin doesn't shimmer! It's hard to pull off a natural look when your skin is shimmering. I really wish they would make another formula without the shimmer because then it would be perfect.
But I will say that even though I'm not a fan of shimmer, it's not obnoxious. It's very fine so it's not that noticeable and I can get away with it. It's only slightly noticeable in certain bright lighting. If you are outside on a sunny day, I wouldn't recommend wearing this product unless you want to look like a 5 year old. It's the most noticeable outside in the sun, look in the mirror and you will see shimmer all over your face! But for indoors, it's not noticeable at all. It's good for a day at the office but not for a day at the park.
The price is high for such a small bottle. This is only 1oz and it's $30.
Since this is the only product I have found that does not make me break out, I can use this confidently and not worry about my skin so because of that I will repurchase. In the meantime, I will be on the hunt for a natural looking TM that doesn't clog pores with no shimmer

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by phan22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this tinted moisturizer! It gives me a dewy natural look. I got it in the lightest color and it fits my skin tone perfectly. It's a more yellow-based color, I think. Hasn't made me break out in the few months I've used it. I don't use the concealer part unless I'm in a hurry because it doesn't cover my dry pimples well since it accentuates flakiness, but it's good for the redness around my nose/mouth/chin. Too dry for under my eyes. I only use a small amount of the tinted moisturizer to even out my skin and impart a subtle dewy glow. Sometimes i'll use just on areas I want to "highlight" like the top of my cheekbones, down my nose, around my inner corners of eyes, sides of nose, sides of mouth...but it's obviously not AS shimmery as a real liquid highlighter. I like the ingredients and it's easy to spread, not thick or goopy. Really gives a natural-looking soft focus effect because of the subtle shimmer. It's also easy to purchase at your local Target instead of having to pay for shipping or drive to Sephora or something. Kind of expensive for the amount you get, and although I said I would repurchase, I'm kind of unsure because I prefer the tinted moisturizer part over the concealer, so I think i'll always end up with leftover concealer which is a waste...BUT, I still like this product overall, so I would recommend to other normal to dry skinned ladies who need a tinted moisturizer with minimal coverage, light feel, and dewiness. This product also has antioxidants and spf 20- since I'm more dry, I still moisturize before applying this. Would probably be good for travel due to it's compact size and "two-in-one" packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by PeachyKeen04

I kept looking and looking at this product in Target for weeks, maybe months. Wanting to purchase but not wanting to pay 30 bucks, I finally caved and man am I glad I did!!

This is THE BEST tinted mouisturizer I've ever used, and I've tried alot of them. It's also the only one that I would wear everyday, not just when I'm not going any where special. The concealer is awesome, too, which makes this product so worth it! I do set mine with a mineral powder (a Mary Kay one) which does add slight coverage and keeps it from getting a little oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rabbit5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only facial makeup that does not make me break out. Whenever I stray from it, I have a problem, and I get mad at myself for using something else and end up coming right back to it. It is worth a 5 just for this aspect. That said, there are a few shortcomings, which I am willing to accept, as the most important thing for me, which nothing else I have ever tried was able to do, is to prevent/not cause facial breakouts). The problem is that I have to buy the two lightest shades, Bare Glow and Nude Glow and mix them together (I am an NC20, for reference) to get the perfect shade. I also have trouble finding this sometimes, because the Target inventory can be spotty and some Targets do not cary Pixi at all. However, it can be obtained from their website and from Pixi's website. I wear Amlatin on my face under this, and they work together perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Bare Glow.

Tinted Moisturiser: this shade matches my yellow-toned skin perfectly- it's very sheer, evens out my skin tone very well and blurs imperfections. I love the fact it is oil-free, talc-free and has spf 20. However, I find that under certain lighting this can appear very glittery on my skin. I appreciate that it IS an illuminating product but for someone with oily skin like me, it can make the skin look quite greasy. This is why I avoid putting this on my T-zone.

Concealer: the concealer is a shade lighter than the tinted moisturiser but they seem to work really well together despite the shade difference. The concealer has no shimmering particles at all, it's very creamy, easy to blend and I love the natural look without compromise on coverage.

I do love the concealer, but that won't persuade me to repurchase because although I love it's lightweight texture, the tinted moisturiser is too glittery for me. But for anyone with normal, dry or simply looking for radiance, the formula would be great.