July 22, 2014 | 2532 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by jossny80

I just bought this product a few days ago after reading the reviews on here. I was really hesitant because, not only do I have very oily and acne-prone skin, my skin is super sensitive and tends to react badly to a variety of products. In a simple statement - I LOVE THIS! I can already tell that my skin is more luminous and my acne is definitely a lot less noticeable. The only issue that I have noticed with this powder is that it doesn't work well with all primers.

I mix my powder with Philosophy Hope in a Jar oil-free SPF moisturizer. I previously was using Stila's One Step Correct primer and I noticed that when I tried to put the primer on my face after applying the booster, little white clumps would form on my skin and I would have to wipe them off. It was like the primer was clumping with the moisturizer and powder. Since I really like the SPF moisturizer, I decided to try a different primer (Too Faced Poreless) and it works like a charm.

Overall - say yes to this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by drfiona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third bottle of this (I hardly ever finish my toiletries, I'm usually trying something new), and I really think it's hard to beat the glow your skin gets from this product. I'm a bit of a product-junkie but this is one of my most effective buys ever. Also lasts really well, nearly a year to finish the bottle.

BUT it stings a little on application, and I find whatever product I add it to tend to ball up on my skin. So now I use it at night when that matters less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by xiufey88

I would say I love this product. I have been used it for almost 2 weeks now, and I see visible result with it. My skin produce MUCH less oil throughout the day ( I have very oil T zone). Before I used the powder, I need to blot at less 3 -4 times at work, and my foundation usually melted down around 1pm during lunch time (I applied my make up at 8am in the morning). After I started using this powder I noticed I didn’t need to blot AT ALL. My make up looks very fresh until 6pm DAILY. I apply 1 scoop of these powder mixed with my serum and applied on my face every morning, then my day cream and make up ect….after I applied the serum , I felt my face a little burring and itchy. The feeling will be gone within 30 second. I am not sure if the oil control happen on anybody, but it happened on my skin. At first it dried my skin for a bit, but after one week, my dry patches have gone and leave very smooth, soft surface. I will repurchase it again once I finish this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm probably on my 10th bottle of this. I love it as it acts as an additive to whatever lotion/cream I wish. It has L-Ascorbic Acid as it's active. This is a Stabalized form of topical Vitamin C. Stable is the operative word here as many Vitamin C facial lotions/creams will just have Ascorbic Acid as the active. This non-stabalized form of Vitamin C is USELESS as a topical active. I really love using this with a highly aggressive cream to really boost it to the ultimate of what my skin can tolerate. I like to push the skincare envelope and I do. It's the reason my skin looks as fresh, healthy, young, eventoned, firm, poreless, perfect as it does. I add this to a 25% Glycolic Cream I use. This cream stings normally upon initial application for a few minutes, but when I add this it burns (in a good way that I know it's working) and for more than a few minutes. I also like adding this to a Retinol cream I like as well. This additive really makes the difference. I love that it is a powder form as it will not dilute whatever (the actives) within whatever you're adding it to. It comes w/a measuring spoon (you are to add a level spoonful) that I sometimes will over heap or sometimes add 2 spoonfuls to my product. I know this sounds as if I'm not following directions, but I know what and particularly when my skin can tolerate this,
Topical Stabalized Vitamin C is a multi-tasker. It acts as an anti-oxident (keeping skin cells barriered against harmful external and internal antagonists) haulting the mutation of healthy skin cells into flawed ones. It also (my favorite) brightens the skin by fading uneveness/sun spotted/brown-age spots/freckles etc. It refines the look and texture of skin. I cannot go w/out the use of Stabalized Vitamin C in my skincare regine and this "booster" fits like a glove as I have such control of the amount and what I use it with. I feel a bit like a cosmetic chemist. It's a fun product to use as well. I would not be without it. Most Highly Recommended!!!!!!

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by lilmi

Hmm still kind of on the fence with this one.
I've not been using it for long so I will definately update later.

Why I'm using it~
To help fade spots/discolourations/even out skin-tone.

Packaging~
Comes in a small bottle but can see it lasting a long time as the scooping spoon is really tiny so you don't really need to use much of it. The scoop thing can be a little tricky though, the neck of the bottle is pretty narrow so you need to be careful not to spill any of the product when you're trying to take some out.

Application~
Mixes in/Disolves easily into my moisturiser so application is pretty easy. Doesn't feel gritty or anything. Some days it does sting a little, nothing unbearable though.

Results~
Haven't seen much yet, it doesn't 'instantly' brighten your skin or give it a glow. Actually I don't know if anyone else experienced the same but it leaves a really clammy/sticky after-feel that doesn't go away. I know it's the powder because my moisturiser never does that. It's quite uncomfortable and annoying. Have had quite a few small breakouts but nothing major or cystic. I'll keep on using it to see if I get any actual results but so far doesn't seem too impressive so atm wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by versace1008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this but I didn't see any difference on my skin. I hated that it smelled like metal too and made my skin itchy, I could have gotten over that and the mixing if it actually did something and made my skin look amazing but it didn't...
It would last like 6 months since you only need a little bit. It might work for you, it just didn't work for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I usually wait til I have an item for several weeks before I review it, but in this case it's been several months! I don't know why I never reviewed this before. I don't expect any miracles from this product, and don't get any. Vitamin C is proven to protect against free radicals and help w/ collagen production. I am very vigilant about sun exposure, and I think it's amazing that Philosophy has made a product based on real science that any dermatologist will back, and not just promising you the world. I love that you can use with pretty much whatever product you're already using. I just mix a little scoop of this with my Eucerin Everyday Protection SPF 30 for sensitive skin every morning. I've used Vit C products in the past and gotten breakouts, but I haven't had that problem with this. Probably because they're not mixing it with a million ingredients. I also think the price ($35) is reasonable for what you get. I've had this for about four months and haven't even used 50% of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a high potency vit C product that is stable, this is great!!! Mix a small amount of this powder with your favorite serum or moisturizer. It is so easy to add to your existing routine. It is meant to be used in the AM and it is important not to combine this with prodcuts containing retinol. I use this in the morning and retinoid pads at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by NEO1

this product is amazing,i mix with my pure argan oil and my skin has never been this smooth and my dark spots have completely faded.i never believed that anything could make my skin firmer and this does the job.i've tried most of the expensive creams like chanel lancome..etc
and this turbo c-booster powder with my argen oil is the only thing that works for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Philosophy’s Turbo Booster C Powder is expensive, but it’s worth every dime.
This powder comes in an amber glass bottle and includes a tiny little plastic spoon. I hate to say this, but my first impression when using this product was that it looked like I was spooning out an illicit drug!

All joking aside, I love that you can use the powder to mix a “fresh batch” with any serum or lotion you normally use. I put about 2 pumps worth of face lotion in the palm of my hand, and add a scoop of the powder. Incorporating the powder into the lotion takes very little effort. The mixture doesn’t thicken, clump or feel gritty, and maintains the same consistency of my regular face lotion.

I’ve been using this daily for the past few weeks, and I can already see a difference. My skin is super soft, and looks brighter and fresher overall. It’s an easy and effective way to incorporate a skin brightening treatment into my low-maintenance skin care routine.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No