Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 4/19/2010 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had low expectations for this as I usually don't like Fresh skincare. However, I ended up liking this more than the rest of the stuff I've tried.

Like the soy facial cleanser, this mask also has a rosewater/cucumber scent which I love. The texture is similar to Crisco or bacon grease, as another reviewer described it. If you can get past that, it applies really well and makes my skin tingle slightly during the recommended 5-8 minutes it's supposed to stay on your skin. It's not that easy to rinse off, as the mask congeals a bit when it's on the skin, and once it's off it leaves skin smooth and glowy. It's not a HUGE difference, but my skin does look brighter and more even. I don't expect it to "instantly perfect" my skin though so the name is a bit misleading.

For $85 this is really steep, even if it does what it claims to do. Considering there are other products that give my skin the same effect (Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, DDF 10% glycolic, Olay Microdermabrasion kit) and other natural skincare lines (Weleda and Boscia are my favorites), I wouldn't recommend this mask.

on 1/28/2010 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The texture of this is so interesting that I cant even describe. It left my skin feeling very hydrated and smooth, but I just cant get over the smell.

All of the Black Tea products smell like cucumbers and old lady to me. I just dont care for the smell and dont want it sitting on my face.

on 10/9/2009 1:13:00 PM

I was cruising around in Quorra, like I usually do and once again was looking at the Fresh product. I have only used the Fresh Sugar chapstick and the new rose tinted one, and I was really happy with both products even though I thought they were a little overpriced. I have heard some good and bad things about this mask and apparently I had $104.00 burning a hole in my pocket, cause I bought it. The consistancy reminded me of fresh bacon grease, except lighter in color. It certainly didn`t smell like bacon, it had a very light rose and cucumber scent. I felt the cooling sensation immediately and left the mask on for the recommended time. A little hard to wipe off, it turned a bit slimey, but eventually, using a warm face cloth, I managed it.
I was dissapointed to find that my skin, while feeling softer, looked pretty much the same. After applying my night time product, I went to sleep. This morning though, I really noticed a change in my skin. It look fresher, tighter and was very soft. My day time skin product melted into my skin and the over all look was dewy and soft. So, the mask did work, just in a prolonged manner, but not well enough to justify a $104.00 price tag. This will be used sparingly and once the glass jar is empty, I will probably use that for holding q-tips or
cotton pads as it`s really nice.

on 9/19/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm in love with Fresh skin care products right now so I purchased this on impulse.

I actually apply this and leave it on. It feels nice, but Caudalie Beauty Elixir has a much nicer cooling sensation. The texture is a little odd, grainy, but "soft" grains.

It is a good product, but for that price, I prefer Avene Hydrating mask or Skinceuticals B5.

on 7/14/2009 4:26:00 PM

Another great mask by Fresh. The Black Tea mask is so gentle -- like the Rose Mask -- and makes my skin so smooth, soft, and hydrated. Perfect for frequent use as if doesn't irritate your skin.

on 5/20/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Smells just like the rose mask --- light rosewater fragrance, and is very cooling on application. The consistency of the product is like whipped cold mashed potatoes. Silky, yet grainy at the same time. I don't feel any tingling while its on -- just a very fresh cool sensation which intensifies after I rinse off the mask. Rinsing this off is rather hard - it turns slimy and refuses to budge with just water alone. I recommend using a cotton pad or washcloth to remove it thoroughly. I tried the mask twice, but didn't notice any difference apart from the cooling sensation...strange that it has such a cold/refreshing feel, and yet there isn't a mention of menthol or peppermint in the ingredients....well, I'm afraid of it's not wowing me enough to stick with using it so I'm putting my jar up for swap.

on 2/23/2009 9:11:00 PM

Hmm. I'm still on the fence on this one. It does cool and tingle when applied, and my skin does look and feel very refreshed afterwards, but the effects don't last. I definitely wouldn't consider this a "perfecting mask" - I haven't noticed any improvement in overall tone or clarity of my skin. I also don't notice any moisturizing effect on my skin (though I am pretty dry). For the price, I would expect more.

on 2/23/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the opportunity to do a full facial at Fresh yesterday, and this was part of it. I have very sensitive skin, and this really stung for about ten minutes - it wasn't a great experience. My skin did feel much better after using, but it was *red* and it took a ton of foundation to cover it. I did disclose that I had uber sensitive skin and I would think the girl might have told me not to use... but whatever. For $85, I'll keep looking.

on 2/13/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have discovered heaven in a jar with the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask! It's a great pick-me-up mask for starting your day, especially when your skin needs a boost of radiance and hydration. It's perfect for those days when you didn't get a full night's rest and you don't want it to show.

There is a cooling sensation when applied that you can't miss. But it's gentle, so you'll want to keep it on for the full 5-8 minutes. I'll definitely purchase again. This is a keeper.

on 11/19/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use this to soothe my skin after I have put a glycolic acid mask on it. It smells wonderful and really calms my skin down, leaving it nicely hydrated. Sometimes, I'll even leave it on overnight as a night time moisturizer. I do not like the jar packaging as I find it cumbersome and unhygenic, so I use a little spatula to scoop the product out. This is expensive stuff, but since you only need a little to cover your entire face, one jar should last for quite a while.

Popular Masks