December 17, 2014 | 1798 users online

Masks - Fresh - Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by ehazelwood

Hmm. I'm still on the fence on this one. It does cool and tingle when applied, and my skin does look and feel very refreshed afterwards, but the effects don't last. I definitely wouldn't consider this a "perfecting mask" - I haven't noticed any improvement in overall tone or clarity of my skin. I also don't notice any moisturizing effect on my skin (though I am pretty dry). For the price, I would expect more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the opportunity to do a full facial at Fresh yesterday, and this was part of it. I have very sensitive skin, and this really stung for about ten minutes - it wasn't a great experience. My skin did feel much better after using, but it was *red* and it took a ton of foundation to cover it. I did disclose that I had uber sensitive skin and I would think the girl might have told me not to use... but whatever. For $85, I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by firedog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have discovered heaven in a jar with the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask! It's a great pick-me-up mask for starting your day, especially when your skin needs a boost of radiance and hydration. It's perfect for those days when you didn't get a full night's rest and you don't want it to show.

There is a cooling sensation when applied that you can't miss. But it's gentle, so you'll want to keep it on for the full 5-8 minutes. I'll definitely purchase again. This is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to soothe my skin after I have put a glycolic acid mask on it. It smells wonderful and really calms my skin down, leaving it nicely hydrated. Sometimes, I'll even leave it on overnight as a night time moisturizer. I do not like the jar packaging as I find it cumbersome and unhygenic, so I use a little spatula to scoop the product out. This is expensive stuff, but since you only need a little to cover your entire face, one jar should last for quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I've been eying this mask for quite a while, but kept being put off by the $85 price tag. I don't mind paying a higher price for my skincare items as long as they're worth it and can't be replaced by something less expensive that performs as well (and doesn't skimp on ingredients), but $85 for a mask that doesn't seem all that necessary seemed extravagant and silly. I finally broke down and asked for a pot of this as a gift and was given one.

The mask comes in a opaque white glass pot (which makes me worry about breaking it, but also makes it seem more expensive and luxurious; at least Fresh is making me feel better about the price tag by making the packaging fancier than plain plastic). It has a strange but wonderful whipped texture that's hard to describe and a scent that reminds me of fruity roses. In the jar, the Perfecting Mask is a semi-translucent white, but it goes on almost clear, making it a little hard to make sure that your whole face is covered evenly.

The mask gives a tingling sensation when it's applied (and it keeps tingling even after it's been rinsed off) to the skin that borders on burning. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like it's on the threshold. I actually like the sensation, but some people might not. It's similar to the feel of a lot of the lip plumping glosses on the market.

After rinsing this off (I left mine on for 10 minutes instead of the 5-8 recommended by Fresh), my skin looked incredible! Tight, toned, smooth and very soft, like velvet. It was almost like I had a silicone primer all over my face. My pores looked smaller and my skin felt wonderful.

For most people (myself included), this is probably going to be a special occasion/special treat mask. Fresh recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but at that rate, the jar wouldn't last long and at $85 I can't justify plowing through mine that fast.

I said I'd rebuy, but I'm not sure. It feels good and makes my skin look beautiful, but my skin's doing good without it. I'm not sure if I can justify the extravagance since my skin's already in fairly good shape.

PROS: (1) smooth, velvety, whipped texture; (2) leaves my skin soft, smooth and toned/tightened; (3) nice special occasion treat.

CONS: (1) very expensive; (2) jar is glass, so you have to be careful handling it; (3) too expensive for me to use it as recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by joyce628

Absolutely love this mask...yes is quite expensive but i luv the whipped texture, how my face felt after i rinse the mask off...quite moisturized and soft...also the smell of this mask is addictive. It smells like cucumber with a hint of...i dunno sake? smells quite refreshing!! if Fresh comes out with a fragrance that smells like this mask..i'd absolutely buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I have been having issues with my skin due to Retin-A Micro. It's clearing up but is very dry, especially around my mouth. I got a little sample at Sephora, tried it that night and must say I am impressed! This mask has a lovely whipped texture and goes on so nice and smooth. I left it on for about 5 mins. then rinsed. My flakies were gone and myh skin looked very radiant. It also felt hydrated. If I had $85 to spend on this I would definitely buy it!!!