December 19, 2014 | 868 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by eunicelanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I am fairly oily with slightly puffy eyes, currently enduring a humid Australian summer so smudging is a big problem for me - I usually end up with little shadows under the eyes midway through the day. This fixes all that without uncurling my lashes, another pet peeve. The only issue I have is that there seems to be a slight tint to this coating - my lashes no longer look black and shiny from my mascara after applying this, but like there is a UV purple gloss. Also the waterproofing qualities aren't 100% - I went swimming in the ocean and although I didn't rub my eyes, I had a faint shadow at the end of the day which worsened with time. I am still happy with this product as it at least gives me peace of mind most of the time and I now have one less criteria to freak out about when buying mascara. Price isn't too bad when purchased online (Strawberrynet or Cosmetics Now in Australia), packaging is simple and unintrusive. Not a "HG" product (I feel a bit silly when I use that term for some reason!) but will remain in my arsenal, which I like to limit to a medium-sized makeup pouch to avoid becoming high-maintenance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Soffy

Only a few mascaras don't smudge on me - and even with those it's kinda 50/50 whether I'll be blakc under the eyes or not. I tried DoubleFix with Dior show and after 8-10 hours there was absolutely no smudging, my mascara was perfectly in place, something that has NEVER happened for me with Diorshow before! I like that I can now use my cheap mascaras together with DF instead of throwing them out and I will probably repurchase it because it just works super well.

Hate the price though :/

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

I purchased this after reading reviews on MUA for my wedding day. I must say, it does everything it says on the tin! It kept my mascara in place all day, and I have since used it on occassions on hot days and it does mean my mascara does not smudge.

The reason I have given it 4 lipsticks is it is a bit pricey. I would buy again if I needed it for a particular special occassion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

great product! makes every mascara to be waterproof, no more smudge mascara on hot days.
i like it that it has no smell, the brush is small so it's easy to get each lash.
i apply it on my eyebrows as well and i like it's doesn't leave a sticky feeling neither crust that can be show.
it has one problem - under hot water in the shower it's crumble and become not water resistant.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLYMOLY this product is a must have for other girls out there that are suffering from mascara smudging all over your face ! Before, I literally could not wear ANY mascara on my lashes because of how oily they were. I've tried high and low end mascaras and NONE of them would stay on for more than 3 hours . After getting this double fix mascara I can finally look like i have eyelashes !
The best thing about this mascara is that I can coat over ANY of my other smudgy mascaras and it will turn from crappy ----> waterproof, smudgeproof mascara!
I wore this yesterday, coating my diorshow extase mascara ( super smudgy on me ) , and it stayed on for 15 hours! no smudges, and my curls even stayed ! Within those 15 hours i was in school, walking in the rain and snow, eating at a super humid hot pot place, and screaming my lungs out in karaoke! thats how well this mascara stayed on!
It is about $20 CAD, but seriously, this isn't even expensive compared to other high end mascaras considering i can coat this over inexpensive drugstore mascaras. Definitely will repurchase ! <3

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by leebear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best products ever... Sounds weird, but having quite a bad nervous "twitch" in my eyes meant that I had given up on wearing mascara for over a year :=( But I have been wearing this every day for 3 months now and it is awesome. You can wear it over ANY mascara and it stays put beautifully with no smudging or flaking for at least 9 or 10 hours (starts to flake a little after that, but not a big problem) - truly sweat, water and humidity proof... It can make lashes look a little more "spiky", but I think it's worth it. My daughter wore it to a music festival where it rained all weekend and she was blown away... Magic! Comes off fairly easily with any normal eye make-up remover. Kind of pricey, but has a really long life and you dont need to wear really expensive mascara underneath... Highly recommend this product if you have problems with smudging, waterproofness or "twitches" lol :=)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I didn't think to review this product before now. I had pretty much given up wearing mascara because on one eye, no matter which mascara I used, no matter whether it was waterproof or not, I always got a grey smear under my eye by day's end. I think in part it's because I always wear a rich eye cream (the oils in which probably cause the mascara to dissolve) and partly because of the shape of my cheeks in relation to my bottom lashes...but just on one eye. So I started wearing mascara only on special occasions and using a setting powder to set my concealer/under eye area. Then I decided to give Double Fix a try. MAGIC - end of smeary shadows under my eye! Yes, it's a bit of an extra step but it allows me to wear mascara again - any mascara from drug store to high end. It sounds silly but for the most part, I only put this on my one eye (the left one). A quick light coating after applying mascara and I know I won't look haggard by day's end. Apparently this also functions as a lash conditioner/treatment, etc. Who knows? All I know is that it keeps my mascara on my lashes, where it belongs!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product, and absolutely is worth the $22. It works.

It basically turns any mascara into a waterproof, smudge-proof, whatever-proof so that flakes and raccoon eyes are gone.

I wear contacts, and have had many problems with mascaras flaking and irritating my eyes. The Double Fix has solved that problem.

I can also attest, ahem, that one can wake up the next morning with gorgeously lush lashes thanks to the Double Fix. I've come to love Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara, but the next morning (on those nights when removing mascara wasn't in the cards) I would be a total mess. No more. This stuff is a must-have.

***Edited to add: This stuff truly is amazing. I wore this over the Hypnose to the Russian baths in New York. Into the steam room. Into the Turkish room. Into the crazy Russian room where burly men dump buckets of cold water over your head. My mascara did not run or smudge. This stuff works.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kime26

Holy cow! This stuff is just awesome!! For years I've tried to wear mascara, then gave up a day or two later. I looked fresh in the morning, but by the affternoon I had black smudges under my eyes. Mascara Fix holds off smudge and at 4pm I still look fresh. I thought it might be hard to get off but I use Almay Eye Remover Pads and they work so well with waterproof mascara. I'm pretty chuffed. I know it's expensive but some things are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jaylee74

yes this is expensive but is it worth it if you constantly get black mascara marks? YES. I hate those smudges so much that I even think that it's still worth it even though it droops my curl. Yes, it does not make the curl last, but it helps to scrap as much product off the wand as possible then apply it.