July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I didn't think to review this product before now. I had pretty much given up wearing mascara because on one eye, no matter which mascara I used, no matter whether it was waterproof or not, I always got a grey smear under my eye by day's end. I think in part it's because I always wear a rich eye cream (the oils in which probably cause the mascara to dissolve) and partly because of the shape of my cheeks in relation to my bottom lashes...but just on one eye. So I started wearing mascara only on special occasions and using a setting powder to set my concealer/under eye area. Then I decided to give Double Fix a try. MAGIC - end of smeary shadows under my eye! Yes, it's a bit of an extra step but it allows me to wear mascara again - any mascara from drug store to high end. It sounds silly but for the most part, I only put this on my one eye (the left one). A quick light coating after applying mascara and I know I won't look haggard by day's end. Apparently this also functions as a lash conditioner/treatment, etc. Who knows? All I know is that it keeps my mascara on my lashes, where it belongs!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product, and absolutely is worth the $22. It works.

It basically turns any mascara into a waterproof, smudge-proof, whatever-proof so that flakes and raccoon eyes are gone.

I wear contacts, and have had many problems with mascaras flaking and irritating my eyes. The Double Fix has solved that problem.

I can also attest, ahem, that one can wake up the next morning with gorgeously lush lashes thanks to the Double Fix. I've come to love Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara, but the next morning (on those nights when removing mascara wasn't in the cards) I would be a total mess. No more. This stuff is a must-have.

***Edited to add: This stuff truly is amazing. I wore this over the Hypnose to the Russian baths in New York. Into the steam room. Into the Turkish room. Into the crazy Russian room where burly men dump buckets of cold water over your head. My mascara did not run or smudge. This stuff works.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kime26

Holy cow! This stuff is just awesome!! For years I've tried to wear mascara, then gave up a day or two later. I looked fresh in the morning, but by the affternoon I had black smudges under my eyes. Mascara Fix holds off smudge and at 4pm I still look fresh. I thought it might be hard to get off but I use Almay Eye Remover Pads and they work so well with waterproof mascara. I'm pretty chuffed. I know it's expensive but some things are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jaylee74

yes this is expensive but is it worth it if you constantly get black mascara marks? YES. I hate those smudges so much that I even think that it's still worth it even though it droops my curl. Yes, it does not make the curl last, but it helps to scrap as much product off the wand as possible then apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use over your favorite mascara to prevent transfer of makeup to the bottom of your eyes. I have oily Asian double-eye lids and this product really keeps me from looking like a raccoon. Expensive Japanese mascaras are also pretty smudge-proof, but a coat of Clarins Double Fix over any mascara will provide even better protection from mascara transfer. I've gone swimming with no running or smearing and now I can just use a drugstore mascara. It doesn't undo the curl too much. Removal is easy with eye makeup remover.

I also use it as a brow fix and it provides a little grip to my eyebrow hairs that my eyebrow pencil takes to well and the color lasts longer than if I don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DAYEM this is expensive! $23AU on ebay/strawberry net. heck knows how much in stores. however it works wonderfully (unfortunately, means i have to repurchase). it is basically a tube of wax for lashes. it does stop those nifty panda eyes (some days i had to wipe of my eyes x 5 times = the end of mascara for me) and this DOES NOT FAIL. i repeat it DOES NOT FAIL to prevent panda eyes.

Get this is you are tired of looking like a dirty mongrel when you put on mascara/tried waterproofs and they are 'meh'.
Maybelline waterproofs (magnum/fulln soft/collosals) seem to be good too, i use it with my colossal and so far so good! w/o the double fix they seem to be quite waterproof as well so yep.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Baixinha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, any mascara stays put.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

As someone who is on a lifelong quest to defeat panda eyes, I really like this product. I wait until my mascara has set and dried, then put this on - it keeps the brush cleaner. It keeps my mascara looking good hours longer than it normally would, and spares me the dark smudges I normally get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

IT WORKS! It doesn't smell or irritate my eyes, and is easy to apply. I can use ANY mascara I want along with this one! No smudge/flake for 16 hours, even when I cry or rub my eyes. My only complaint would be: there is very little product in the tube, even at the first use, I had to wiggle the wand in and out a few times before getting the product on the wand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this with a purchase special and really didn't think anything of it. It also came with a mascara. Normally I wear Dior Mascara or Lancome waterproof because My eyes tear up a lot (Contacts too). So I tend to stay away from non-waterproof mascaras. the only bad thing about that is that waterproof mascaras tend to clump more than regular ones. They also dry out faster. So I tried this with the Clarins mascara and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes looked great and no smudging, no flaking, no rubbing off! It's good stuff for those of us who end up with raccoon eyes at the end of the day or have oily lids.