April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Girlythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've actually been using this powder for more than a year now and it's officially my HG! A good friend of mine introduced me and I never turned back :) I have oily/combination skin and uneven skin tone, but this foundation gives me that fresh flawless look! I absolutely love the coverage and the color is a perfect match (B40). It's never made me breakout and it lasts the workday. Freshening up does not add a "powdery" or "cakey" look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! It looks so natural but the coverage is excellent. I apply it with a brush and it seems to just melt into your skin,being that the consistency is neither liquid or powder, rather somewhere in between. I understand if you wanted more coverage you can use a sponge, but I personally don't care for heavy makeup that you can feel on your face all day. The only neg. I have is that you have to purchase the compact separately which is kind of a ripoff. Other than that I tink the foundation is the bomb.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

1. The Packaging
Beautiful, as always. Small and sturdy. I really like the square-ish shape that fits right in my purse pocket. Easy to refil.

2. The Product
Silky and smooth :O I wear the shiseido pre-makeup cream underneath and it keeps me matte all day, without that being TOO matte and cakey/powdery. It has a subtle glow that is just beautiful without the oily look from the "dewey" products. Covers all my redness and acne marks/huge pores so that I look airbrushed.

3. The End Results
I'm very acne prone and therefore don't ever leave makeup on all night. I make sure to use the shiseido cleansing gel (can you tell i love this company?lol) and usually take it off once I get home, to unwind in the late evening. So far, no acne problems.

4. Side Note
I tried the 'miracle' foundation Bare Escentuals. I finally got fed up brushing and dusting or whatever the hell you do when I noticed all this powder in my nice WHITE grout on the bathroom sink. Ugh. 3 hours of scrubbing later and I threw it out. This compact is nice to have around, and you dont have to be careful of shaking it and throwing powder everywhere. Also O20 is a LOT closer to my skin that Fairly Light ever was.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tiffboon

This product is horrible! I thought it would be more suitable for my dry/combination skin type compared to Shiseido's The Makeup Powdery Foundation but instead it broke me out in just a couple days of usage. It accentuated every bump and clogged pore. To be honest, I was embarassed to go out with this on. I couldn't even find the exact shade, O60 is a little too dark and O40 is waaay too light(for reference, I am a MAC NC40). The texture is silky but HEAVY and thick. I used to really love Shiseido's The Makeup Powdery Foundation for cold Winter months.. try that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given a sample in I40 by the SA and did not think much about it together with their other gifts when I made my Future Solution LX purchases recently as I was always disappointed with all my previous purchases of powders and foundations (except for Guerlain's Meteorites in Mytic) as all the colors did not match my skin tone which all ended up in the drawers waiting to be expired.

When I returned to the Shiseido counter the following week for a chat, the SA enquired did I tried the foundation and I said no and she urged me to give it a try.

Thus, the next day, I had it applied and I was "wow"!!!

The coverage is good and yet so natural which in order words, simply just melted into my skin without a trace as though I am not wearing any makeup which looks so natural yet, with just the right coverage and in the meantime, I do not feel like I have any powder on.

The texture is good and fine too just like a second skin to me when applied.

After trying it for a few days until the little cake of sample ran out, I made my purchase and has been using it everyday after applying my daily skincare routine and sublock follow with light dustings of Guerlain's Meteorites powder as the final step.

The price is a little on the high side but I felt is fully justifiable for such a great product but the casing which is sold separately is ridiculously expensive for a piece of plastic and a attached mirror.

For those with oily skins, I think this may not be suitable and their Maquillage range will be a safer bet and more suitable.

My face do look a little oily by the end of the day but this could be easily rectified by simply re-applying light touch-up or a light dusting of Guerlain Meteorite powder or any loose powder.

I prefer to use a big powder brush rather than the supplied sponge as it looks more natural and do not give my pores the powder clogged look.

I also noticed by using the sponge, besides the clogged pores look, the powder will also looked cakey after a couple of hours but if apply with brush, this do not occur at all and look most natural.

All in all, I would say this is a great powder with good coverage, nice texture and wonderful pigments that look most natural for me which somehow make me so delighted where I finally found a foundation that seamlessly matches my skin tone and will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by YourCoff1nOrM1ne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is beautiful! when used right (ONLY USE TINY AMOUNTS PEOPLE!) it really gives a flawless finish!! on clients i use the dual balance foundation then this, but you only need sch small amounts and blend blend blend!!!

the downfall is that the colours are completely wonky! they do not match up to the original shiseido colours and anyone who is a true ivory colour (like me) can forget about it completely, they are all VERY yellow! :(

anyone who have a slight (or alot ) or yellow tones - go try it!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by putiputi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage = 5 (medium to full coverage)
the coverage is excellent.
Long Lasting = 5 (powder stays on all day)
Recommended for oily skin type = no (because it doesn't help oil control, you can find better powder foundations out there that does a better job)
Suited for asian/caucasian skin = yes (shades "I' and "B" are for people with pink undertones and shade "O" is for yellow undertone people)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by shaniah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried rotating between this and my cheaper drugstore liquid foundation, but ended up reaching for this quick and reliable foundation. Simple, easy, natural coverage. I was wary of getting a powder foundation because I have dry skin, but (with a primer) the foundation sets to a smooth, flawless finish by the time I head out the door. Non-cakey and blends into my skin. The coverage is buildable because it is not heavy; I use minimal or no concealer and get countless compliments on my "perfect" skin. It lasts long enough for me, maybe not morning to night, but morning to early evening, or early evening to late night, before fading. This held up well in the dry Montreal winter and the hot Montreal summer. I'm not sure how well this would fare with more blemished skin, as coverage is moderate.

With everyday use, with a brush, not the sponge, it lasted 6 months. I might try another foundation for the fall months, but will get a refill on this formula eventually (good colour match, a bit pricey, but worth it). I was matched with B20 in this formula and I20 in other Shiseido formulas. The MA had a good eye in recognizing that this formula runs darker/more yellow than other Shiseido foundations. The compact (sold separately) is beautiful, however, I ditched the sponge so the separator is useless. Maybe because I use a brush, it gets messier inside; powder on the mirror makes it useless, though it's too small to be useful anyway. One more note, Canada does not seem to carry the SPF version.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Majuschka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product because it gives that cake effect, it is too noticeable on face, goes oily very fast and the price is too high for its real quality. Also I suspect that it make me break out.
Be careful with the amount that you put on your face. Try to put less - the effect is much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!! This is what I want a foundation to do, whether it's powder or liquid. This gives my skin a beautiful finish and excellent coverage without looking cakey. It seems to last pretty well, too. I 00 is a great match for my pale, yellow complexion. It may actually even be a little light in the summer. I adore the ease of application. I do find that if I use the provided sponge, it can apply to heavy and then it will appear a bit cakey. However, when applied with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush, it provides gorgeous my skin but better coverage for my acne-prone, combination skin. It really just looks makes it look like I have beautiful skin, not great makeup.

It glows after it "sets," which I truly didn't expect from a powder foundation. However, it doesn't look oily, but just gives a nice glow. It doesn't seem to break me out, although I will say that I don't wear it too often and reserve it for more special occasions because of the price.

Ah, the price. That for me is the one downfall of this product. I find it quite expensive for a powder, but since it's Shiseido, I'm not surprised. It is worth it. I can't say how long the compact lasts, because, as mentioned, I don't wear it as often as I would probably like. The other thing I like is that one can buy refills instead of an entire compact. This is an added bonus for an environmentally conscious consumer such as myself.

I'm also afraid to say it for fear of jinxing something, but this is very close to if not already HG status. Despite the price, I will repurchase and will be beside myself if it's ever discontinued.