December 20, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I repurchase this? Yes, about 1000x!! I use liquid liner almost everyday. I have yet to find something (even high end) that I like better than this. First and foremost is the pigmentation. This is super black. I also like that it's easy to work with. I used to shy away from liquid eyeliner because I never could get a clean straight line. The felt tip on this seems to follow the path of my eyelid perfectly even with multiple strokes. But it sets quickly with no smudging. It's so hard to describe, but when I am doing winged eyeliner, which took a long time to master, I found that this stuff makes it go easier and more quickly than anything else I have ever used. It seems to deposit the right amount of product onto the tip so that when you apply it, it applies evenly EVERY TIME. It lasts all day with out running or crackling throughout the day and when you want to take it off, it comes right off with no problems. I keep a backup of this in my makeup draw and it is just about the only liquid eyeliner that I will use. The only thing that I don't like about it sometimes, is that it tends to keep a somewhat glossy look even after it's dry. I change up my shadow looks quite often and that shine is not always a desired effect with every look. So I would prefer if that carbon black shade also came in a more matte finish. To combat this I will dab just a little black eyeshadow over top of it to dull the shine a bit and that's been working fine for me. I like how the handle of the applicator is large enough to hold securely, which seems to aid in the application process. It's just the right size for my hands, not too big and not too small. The felt tip is a little stiffer than some of the pen liners (like Maybelline Master Precise where it has almost a longer brush-like applicator even though it's not a brush) which I think gives more control. If you have ever been like me, and steered clear of liquid eyeliner in the past, I would give this a shot. I have had nothing but good luck with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by gagaglam03

For me this is too watery and not very pigmented.. To get some color you have to shake it... It's an ok product, but a little pricey for me ($7 at Walmart.) I think the revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner is way better and cheaper ($5)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by cindyful

My HG liquid eyeliner. It was the first eyeliner I've ever tried and I will never stray away from it lol. I've been buying this for around 5 years now. There's no need to try other ones! Super easy to apply and it lasts all day for me. One tube of this lasts for roughly 5-6 months, which is amazing considering I use this pretty much every day. Regular price is around $12 at Shopper's Drugmart, but I usually get it when it's on sale for $7/$8. Will continue buying it for as long as I can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This is my favorite black liquid eyeliner, by far. I put it on around 5:30 AM and it's still there when I get home from work at 6:00PM, and will still be there in the AM if I am too lazy to remove it before bed. I happen to LOVE the pen/felt tip applicator. This style has become my favorite over the years of using it. I think it's flexibility gives you the ability to apply the liner with a light hand, which I love. I like to have a thin delicate line at the inner eye, thicker at the top, and thin cat-eye line at the outer corner. This tip makes that easy to achieve. The color is rich/ thick. Yes, if you need more product, you re-insert the pen and give it a slight shake. That's fine with me, because I hate it when I get too much product to begin with. I have tried other liners, and always come back to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this liner because it was so opaque. I was using Revlon Colorstay's Liquid Liner before and because I didn't like the applicator (though I did like the staying power), I went on a search for a new DS liquid liner. I was looking at reviews and came across this liquid liner. Since I prefer felt tips, I figured this would be the perfect liner to try out.

I bought it at Target for $7.99 I believe. At Target, Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner is $4.99 if you want a comparison. Despite the price, the packaging is a lot better. It almost looks high end. Like with all eyeliners I purchase, when I got home, I swatched it on my hand and waited for it to dry. I tried to smudge it with my finger and it didn't budge. Good sign, right? I then put a little water on it to see if it could withstand my oily eyelids (and my watery eyes) and it completely came off. That bummed me out a lot.

I wore it the next day and I LOVE the fact that the applicator is so easy to use and that the black is very very black. But I noticed about halfway through the day that my winged liner was disappearing and by the end of the day, the wing was completely gone and the only place the eyeliner stayed was BARELY on my lid. It looks like I won't be using this eyeliner from day-to-day, but if I know that I'm only going out for a few hours, I'll use it again until it runs out. I know this eyeliner never claimed to be waterproof, but it doesn't compare to the staying power of the Revlon CS liquid eyeliner. For that reason, I won't repurchase it.

I really wish this worked for me. The pigmentation really is fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when exchanging the PF eye booster liner marker, because I thought it was another pen marker. It's not. Felt tip, yes, but marker no. It's an elongated felt tip applicator that tapers toward the end.

However, despite my initial disappointment with the applicator, I was able to do a good wing with this. It went on smoothly, got close to the edge of the eyelid and made a nice medium-thick line. Not too skinny/harsh, not to bold/rockabilly.
The formula was great - deep pigmentation and ultra black. It's not totally dull/matte either and also lasted really well. Once it dried, which was fairly quickly, it didn't smudge or smear at all. I even jumped in the pool for a late night swim with this on and only the wing smeared a little.

After about a week of use though, I found that the felt tip applicator was already starting to get worn and become less smooth, so the lines were not as smooth. Also, the liner started to dry out noticeably! Frustrating! Where when I first could do one whole eyelid with one dip, it would take two or three and the pigmentation wasn't as dark, so I was having to go over lines (which is always a recipe for mistake with liquid). I never really found the right way to use the weird elongated tapered tip, either. It felt like this thing had been used for a month a week into it; totally disappointing. I threw it away and went back to the store for an ACTUAL pen this time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite drugstore liquid liner. It is great for beginners and the line is so black. If you're not getting enough product on the brush you have to shake it and you'll hear the little ball knocking around in there. Definitely great for the price and is a better investment than higher end liners that perform the same. It doesn't smudge on me and I have oily lids. I also don't understand how this flakes on you guys? I've never encountered this problem, maybe you need to moisturize your lids? I do agree with people though, it does not dry mat, it has this really wet sheen to it, but you can add some dark shadow on top of it and it should be fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Has been making my eyelids dry and itchy so I stopped using :( also deff do not wear this if you are going to be out in the rain swimming or if your eyes are watery it smears really easily. The color payoff is a deep rich black and it's easy to apply I just wish it wasn't as irritating and that it stayed put better so I could wing it out without the wings fading away :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my go-to liquid eyeliner for about 5 years but sadly we had to part ways. This truly is a really good eyeliner, the felt tip makes application easy and it is very very black. After a while though I began to dislike the finish, it's not matte, it's very shiny looking , like it might still be wet. Also, sometimes it dries out on the skin & it begins to flake off, but you can just touch it up. I would recommend this product for someone looking for a non-matte liquid eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jaenanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using L'Oreal Lineur Intense with the felt tip back in 1999, when I was still in high school. The Carbon Black color didn't hit the market until a few years after that (it was "Black Mica" before), but ever since it hit the shelves, it's been my go-to, one-and-only, tried and true eyeliner.

I'm not a product junkie by nature. I'm always open to trying new things, but I always seem to fall back on a handful of favorite products. Of all the cosmetics items I have used and loved over the years, I've been true to this particular product the longest.

I love the way the felt tip makes it really easy for me to sweep the product along my upper lash line. I like how the long and narrow the flexible tip makes it easy for me to "dot" the product between my lower lashes, making them look fuller without the need for extra mascara. Back in my hardcore goth girl days, there was nothing better for drawing Death-inspired spirals or other eyeliner doodles on my face. This eyeliner makes it easy to do dramatic winged eyes a la Adele, Siouxsie-inspired cat eyes (with the very precisely defined inner corners), or simple, everyday precise-but-delicate definition.

I love the way this product is formulated, so that if I make a mistake, it wipes away easily if it hasn't dried yet, but once dry, this stuff has some serious stating power. I've worn it to sob-a-thon movie screenings, through fights with my best friends, and recently, while getting engaged, and through it all, this eyeliner has remained smudge proof and tear-proof, but I will admit that it doesn't do well for holding up during impromptu jumps in the pool. Yeah, that was an unfortunate look...

Sometimes this product will start to dry out a bit too soon, though. Instead of replacing it, I add one or two drops of saline solution to the bottle, shake vigorously, and voila! Its fluid enough again to use easily. My eye doctor approves of this, BTW, as long as you only do it once per the lifetime of the tube in question.

I've tried other liquid eyeliners, from Prestige to Shiseido to Kat Von D to Maybeline, and nothing has impressed me as much as L'Oreal's Lineur Intense. I'll probably still be using it when I'm 40.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No