April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a PHENOMENAL lip balm. I have been buying this balm for a number of years, and I probably have a tube in every room of my home, as well as several in my travel bag, various handbags, in the nightstand, etc. Suffice it to say, that I never want to be without it! Literally, I have a stash of unopened packages of this lip balm. There are few products that I would say that I actually stockpile, but this is overwhelmingly one of them (a close second is Aussie Sydney Smooth Hairspray). When traveling by plane, this balm saves not only my lips, but also hydrates my undereye area....I know Nivea probably warns that this is not for use around eyes, but I think as long as you don't put it IN your eyes, it will be fine. I always use this over my lip stain of choice, typically one of the Revlon Just Bitten stains, and my lips stay comfortable, smooth, and soft all day. I would rue the day Nivea stops making this precious product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

THE BEST LIP BALM I HAVE USED. so I've used a lot of different brands (eos, burts bees, chapstick, carmex, softlips) and this so far is the best. I even used a couple of ones from Sephora but I forget the names. My lips are always extremely dry because of bad genetics lol

I would in the past have to apply a coat to my lips about every hour or two. With the nivea brand my lips stay hydrated long after I use it. I still apply a acouple times a day but not as much.

I give this 5 stars. Great packaging looks a little like a glue stick haha. and cheap for the quality. DEFINITELY GET!! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

I'm on my 2nd tube of the dark blue variant. Its a clear balm with a light vanillary scent which I adore! I goes on effortlessly smooth.. feels creamy and moisturizing. I use it at night before going to bed, it stays on till the morning and then I lightly exfoliate my lips with a damp washcloth and it makes my lips extremely soft and naturally pink and glossy. In the daytime I prefer something tinted and with spf, however I will keep on purchasing this particular lip balm since its an amazing nightly treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this lip balm. I've tried everything. Chapstick, Soft Lips, Burt's Bees, EOS. All duds. Not this one. This stuff actually moisturizes. And you get a ton for your money! Probably the most out of all of the brands! It tastes and smells kinda weird, but I'm willing to ignore it. The smell is kind of like sunscreen and baby powder, if that makes sense. Not a terrible smell, and it fades after a while. I have it in the dark blue packaging, and it works great. I have yet to try the others, as I assume they have a red and/or pink one? Maybe cherry and strawberry? But anyways, great product, and I definitely recommend you pick this up next time you run out of lip balm, or you are just disappointed with what you already have.

Edit: I ran out, and I can't find any more ANYWHERE?! Has it been discontinued? D:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this lip balm, it works great, okay price, best packaging... but it doesn't smell or taste good at all. If it either tasted good or smelled good, then I would absolutely love this product. I'm not going to buy this exact product again, but another Nivea lip balm for sure. This works great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this balm.
I constantly have chapped lips, that sometimes bleed if they go untreated. My mother and I have always used stuff like chapstick and vaseline....but I've been looking for something lighter and better.
This balm is very moisturizing, light, and it feels sooooo good on the lips.
LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite lip balm <3 its sooooo moisturizing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sauvignon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a good six months now. I go through periods of super dry lips - cracked in the morning, flaky, bleeds in the winter, etc. My fault because I'm terrible at hydrating myself, and I can be a frequent mouth-breather.

This stuff is great, and has kept my lips moisturized even when I don't have it on. I look like I have healthy lips even if they're pale! I use the Kiss of Flavor or Kiss of Strawberry when I need some color, and those are equally wonderful.

Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This is hands down, the BEST lip balm I have ever tried. I personally like a thicker, more conditioning balm and this is it! This balm is the "Essential" balm in the dark blue tube. I'm making the distinction from the one in the light blue tube cause the alternative is significantly worse than the Essential version. I can't seem to find this dark blue tube of wonder in store anymore, so I order in bulk online. It's a great night treatment for me, even topping my Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy. I love the texture of this balm. I can actually FEEL it on my lips, something that I truly enjoy as opposed to having more "slip" and lightweight balm. If you're looking for somthing more lightweight, buy the light blue tube. This balm doesn't have any issues with breaking me out around my lips and actually sinks into the lips, moisturizing deep within as well. 5/5, the BEST. I hope this never gets discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hydrating at first, then you realize you're applying it every hour. Not moisturizing in the long term.