OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

on 3/17/2013 9:08:00 PM

This polish underscores what I already knew -- that "nude" or "natural" (polishes, lipsticks) are usually the hardest to come by. I had high hopes for this since it seems to work on so many different skin tone. The color of the polish is about half a shade darker than my nail bed -- so you'd think that it would give me natural/polished looking hands. Instead, I now understand what people mean by "dirty hands". One coat is not great, but not terrible, but two makes my hands look... dirty? aged? Formula is OK only, a bit stringy in my opinion. Not sure if this will help anyone, but the nude/neutral polishes that work on me are: Zoya Cho and Orly Pure Porcelain (two pretty different polishes, one pulling pink and other pulling yellow). I've found good use for this though -- I use it in addition to a base coat whenever I use dark nail polishes, or really, just about anything other than very sheer or light polishes, to prevent staining. Seems to work. Wouldn't repurchase though.

on 3/14/2013 10:01:00 AM

So many people already described the shade, so i'm not gonna bother going into that as i am pretty bad at it anyway.

I also own 'Barefoot in Barcelona', and Tickle my France-y is imo, just a shade lighter than it, so i was kinda bummed that i bought two polishes of almost the same shade. (Btw i bought from online with little research on the shade that's why)

However, Tickle my France-y suited my light skin tone so much more than Barefoot in Barcelona did, so it wasn't so bad.

Formula is, imo, quite watery. When i used it for the first time it actually dripped from half of the applicator while i was applying it onto my nail. Could be have been my fault for not realising that it was dripping but i have never encountered problems like that before.

Overall its a pretty shade and would always wear it on days i don't know what i want on my nails. :)

on 3/6/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is the ugliest color. I can't believe this is in the "top 10" OPI set. Luckily, I didn't buy the full bottle, I only used the mini that came in the multipack. Did I get a bum bottle? Maybe. But it looked like I was a dead corpse that had just been embalmed. It might look ok on someone with very, very dark skin. But probably not. Gross!

on 2/13/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with the review below about how the lighting affects this color. Looks similar to the Quarry eyeshadow by MAC. I'm very fair and it's not a nude shade for me. I like it more when it's bright daylight because it looks more mauve, indoors it's more brownish which is not my fave.
It's a unique one nevertheless. Got two compliments the first time I wore it.
I believe three coats are best but you can get away with two as well. The brush and the formula are great as always!

Update after almost a year: up to 5 lipsticks and would repurchase. This shade has really grown on me. It's just too elegant and unique to ignore. On top of that I'm a red or nude nail polish kind of girl and EVERYONE - strangers, family, boyfriend, all of my friends repeatedly - keeps noticing and complementing this particular shade. I never knew a nail polish can draw that many comliments.

on 1/25/2013 10:55:00 PM

The lighting really affects what this color looks like. It can look like a light mocha color, a cool toned dusty pink, or a brownish / grayish lilac. Surprisingly, the color always looks good with my skintone no matter the lighting. I own both Tickle My France-y and Dulce de Leche, and I find that TMF looks better on me than Dulce de Leche. The skin on my hands sometimes get reddish, and Dulce de Leche doesn't go well with that. I'm Asian with medium-light skin.
As for the formula, I get satisfactory coverage with 2 coats. There is a bit of VNL if you look really hard, but it is not very obvious at all. I used TMF right after taking off some dark polish that left my nails a bit stained. Unfortunately, TMF is not completely opaque and some discoloration showed through. Thus I would recommend a white base coat if your nails are super stained. I had thought streaking would be a problem since the first coat looked really thin, but it wasn't. Both the color and the formula was quite good.

on 1/17/2013 1:32:00 PM

My fave nude nail shade.I Always gets compliments when I wear this one!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this shade in a set of 10 of OPI's most popular colors. There were other, more "ballet slipper" pinks, and more grey-nudes and I this one fell under my radar for a while. It didn't look too exciting in the bottle. I finally used it and it's really one of the most flattering neutral nail shades I've ever tried! I ordered the full sized immediately. I have very fair, cool skin and the polish shows up as a combo of a little pink, a little nude and a little mauve. It also has a nice opacity, which can be hard to fin with light, neutral shades. It may not be the most exciting shade, but I'd say this is a must have for everyone's polish collection.

on 11/12/2012 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this colour on my finger nails. It is more of a darker nude colour. It comes off as a light grayish mauve (also looks like there may be hints of pink). This polish has a nice sheen when it's dry with no glitter. It's pretty much a solid glossy colour. I think this colour is better suited for people with medium-dark skin tone. If you have a lighter skin tone I don't think this colour would work as a nude (it would come off as a much darker colour). Overall, I'm very impressed with this colour. It's one of those colour that doesn't show chips so you can get away with wearing it for a long time. It is a VERY thin formula so you do need at least 3 coats for an opaque finish. With 1 coat, you can't really tell that you have anything on your nails.

on 10/19/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my HG nude. I cannot praise this color enough. It's the perfect nude color! I have my cosmo license so I pay $4.25 for OPI, but even if I had to pay full price I'd buy this over and over again. For reference, I'm a MAC NW20. I get compliments constantly!

on 9/23/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hm, I wanted to like this but I don't. This color looks really lovely in the bottle, but on my hands it has that rotten, goulish touch so many shades of that sort have and I really don't like that. I guess this color is very nice for darker skin, but with pale hands it just looks like out of the grave.

Top Rated OPI Products