April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after my beloved clinique all about eyes roller finally died. Since funds are a bit low at the moment and I loved the tinted Garnier eye roller (the anti dark circle one) I decided to give the puffy eye one a try. I bought it on sale for $12 and I wish I could get my money back. Now I wasn't expecting this to work any miracles. All I really hoped for was a nice cooling/moisturizing sensation, and, if I was really lucky, it would actually do something to help the bags under my eyes. I don't think that is much to hope for considering the regular price of this is $20.
This thing failed on ALL counts.First of all, unlike the clinique or the tinted eye roller, this one tends to get "stuck" a lot and results in a very scratchy feeling under my eyes. Big no no. Last thing I want is something scratching the sensitive skin under my eyes. But I wasn't giving up on a it yet, I found that by cleaning my hand and wiping it on the back of my hand a couple of times to get the ball rolling, the scratchiness was greatly reduced. Although I did need to waste a lot of product this way.
The next issue - this thing BURNS! After a couple of uses I noticed that my skin was burning and it hurt. I discontinued using the roller in order to ensure that it was indeed the culprit, and sure enough the burning feeling went away. As soon as I started using it again I noticed it drying out the skin under my eyes and then the burning. This thing didn't even give me any moisture!
Finally unlike my beloved clinique roller, this thing cannot be used over makeup. With the clinique roller you can use it any time of day including over your makeup when your eyes get tired and it does not disrupt the makeup at all. Not so with garnier. Don't try it ladies, its a hot mess, your makeup will start disintegrating (and not evenly) so you have these weird splotches and runs. Not pretty.
Not sure if I just got a defective one but I will definitely not be giving this another chance. Would not repurchase, would not recommend. But I do like the tinted one so you can try that ladies. Now I've thrown this away and I'm off to try the Nivea eye roller.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This feels nice when you put it on. The packaging is quite cool too, and the roller ball idea is clever. Does it really help reduce puffiness? I honestly have not noticed the difference. I still enjoy using the product though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by amalnj

OMG- IT'S BEEN 24 HOURS AND MY EYES ARE STILL SWOLLEN LIKE GOLF BALLS- I CAN BARELY SEE. THE COMPANY WOULDN'T HELP ME. DOCTOR GAVE ME DROPS FOR MY EYES AND HAVE TAKEN MY THIRD DOSE OF ANTI-HISTAMINE. NEVER AN ALLERGY TO ANYTHING IN MY LIFE. I GUESS THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SWITCH FROM $130 EYE CREAM TO A PIECE OF CRAP. IT HURTS SO BAD AND HASN'T GOTTEN BETTER IN 9 HOURS. I AM REALLY WORRIED NOW!!!!

UPDATE- it has been over three full days and my eyes are still swollen- now I have saggy skin under my eyes and it feels like mush inside. This better go away because my doctor never saw anything like this she said. I am freaking out- THIS PRODUCT IS DANGEROUS

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by quotidianlight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff makes me look wide awake on days when I am so sleep deprived I can hardly keep them open. I keep it in my bag at all times and it's a holy grail. Lasts a long time too, great under makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Three words that sum up my experience: it does nothing.

I've used it for two months or so every morning, and while the metal roller ball is nice and cooling, the actual serum had no effect whatsoever on my eyebags. Granted, I've got the natural Asian undereye skin that bunches up when I smile, so maybe there's nothing for the serum to 'take away', but for the relatively high price tag, it's still disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by matildachung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product is not bad, I don't think it does what it says it does. I have eyes that get swollen very easily - especially when I wake up. I tried using this at night and in the morning, first under my usual eye cream and then just this but didn't notice any difference. It didn't reduce any puffiness at all. With that said, it does feel very cool to the touch and the roller ball attribute makes it easy to put on. In the summer months, I'm thinking that this will be enough to moisturize the under eye area but I started to use it in the winter and was definitely not moisturizing at all. And while for a drugstore product I find it bit expensive (17.99 here in Canada), I purchased mine on sale so it wasn't too bad. Don't think I would pay full price for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupadviceneeded

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK but not great: Reduces puffiness fairly well. Tested side by side against a cheaper, lesser known brand and didn't perform as well.

Good: Serum is non greasy and absorbs quickly. Very little to no scent. Applicator effective (roller ball).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A generally useless product. The roller ball feels nice and cool on your skin (good during allergy season) but the product inside the roller does absolutely nothing. Just another product taking up valuable real estate in my bathroom...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Nymphette89

Let me first start out, I have never try a eye cream/roller before and I don't really have puffy eye. I do have light dark circles. So I really don't if this product will help with your puffy eyes. But I do think this product help with your dark circles. I haven't seen a big change in the way my dark cicrle looks. I love this product for it's moisturizing part. I use day and night. It doesn't bother my eyes at all. But I the only thing I hate about this product is the packeting. You will need to tip it over for the product to hit the roller. I love the roller is nice and cool feeling. Which feels nice under the eye in the morning like a morning pick up! Overall, I will always have in the skin care bag. This is a GH for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this on and off for over 6 months. First of all I like the packaging. It's easy to apply the product and I don't have to get it on my fingers like I would if it were in a tube or something, no mess = awesome. I get puffy eyes pretty easily. Generally I'll get puffy eyes if I get less than 6 hours of sleep a night which happens more than it should being a uni student. So I did use it at least once a week or so, depending if I was in a rush to get out the door and needed a quick fix or not. I can't say if this product works any better than the at home remedies that I had been experimenting with before. I've tried wrapping an ice cube in a face cloth and pressing it to my eyes and I've tried tea bags, and I think this stuff works about the same. I can see a difference in my eyes, it's not immediate and it's not like a miracle product. I kept it in the fridge for a while to give it a cooling affect.
I won't repurchase this because it works just as well as tea bags and ice cubes which are cheaper. I will probably keep experimenting with other anti-puff eye products though.