September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

I really wanted to like this primer, but it left white heads on my face, clogged my pores and doesnt really help the stayin power of foudations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used la base pro for 2 1/2years now and I can never find anything like it. I've tried them all! Drug store to all the department store brands and nothing will beat this stuff! One bottle will last over a year that's why I'm not complaining about the price. It makes my skin so silky and makes my foundation go on so smooth and last forever! I love lancome <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product and don't know why I don't use it on a regular basis. It makes my skin silky soft before I put on my foundation and helps my foundation last throughout the day.
Up front it is a bit pricey, but when you only need 2 squirts of it a day it will last a long, long time. I've had mine probably almost a year, it still works great with no complaints.
The packaging is great for portion control.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Janette4

Pros:
Does not take much to apply
Use less foundation
Keeps make up on longer
Very smooth finish
Oil-Free

Cons:
Honestly, none.

I REALLY love this product. I tried a sample and absolutely enjoyed it. I don't have any bad smells from the product. I also haven't noticed it give me more oily skin or clogged pores. I have been using it for almost a year and I save on foundation since it makes your skin so smooth. I was surprised it had lower reviews than I expected. I would say give it a try go get a sample and if you like it you like it, if you don't then there are many others for you. :) I would strongly recommend it even for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora a long time ago and remember loving it! So I recently bought a bottle with lancome's gwp. It feels so light and the texture is so smooth on the skin, different from the feel of most primers I've tried. Never feels thick or mask-like, but delivers very well. Try it for yourself. This is definitely a favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

I received a small bottle of this primer when I bought a Lancome gift box. Up until recently, I used Smashbox's Hydrating Photo Finish primer (the blue one), but will not go back. Lancome's primer I found to be a surprising texture when I first used it; it sort of disappears onto your skin where as Smashbox's is much more liquid. My tinted moisturizer looks flawless with this primer, and definitely stays on all day. I love this product, even for the price! Will most likely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora with a recent purchase, so I can't honestly rate the packaging as the one I received was just a little packet. With that said, I tried this product once. I think once was all I needed to know that I didn't like it. It doesn't take much of this product at all to cover your face; in fact I found it verrry difficult to blend it, it just wouldn't dry, it felt like I had smeared KY Jelly all over my face. In spite of this annoying feeling, I decided to continue on and give it a honest try. I applied my liquid foundation over this primer (mind you, it still felt sticky at this point), and I have to say that I was rather impressed with the result. It seemed as though I didn't have to use much foundation for coverage, and it left my skin looking much smoother and even toned. I then applied a generous amount of loose powder in an attempt to counteract this sticky feeling my skin had.
I wore this product for 5 or 6 hours with my makeup, and I don't think it made my makeup stay true any longer than without primer, my skin still became oily in the T-zone like usual, so this product did nothing for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This actually made my foundation last! I've used Smash Box primer in the past and it did nothing to make my foundation last. La Base made blending easy and my foundation last an entire Christmas party. I swore off primer because of Smash Box's but tried La Base Pro when I received a sample. I am happy that I did because I have found something that keeps my foundation on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Really? I'm very surprised at the reviews.
I recieved this as a little sample? maybe even deluxe sample from sephora and was super excited to try it. I'm a big lancome mascara and eyeshadow lover. The primer is clear and goes on clear. It's very liquidy and goes on very light. You won't even notice that it's on your face. But, as a primer, it disappointed me. I wanted it to just keep my foundation on, and no touch ups. But it didn't make a difference if there was la base pro or not. Still needed to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousRed

Well out of all of the primers I've used--and I've spent LOTS of money trying to fill in my HUGE pores--this stuff is pretty damned good!
$45 for 0.8 fl oz--pretty good sized bottle plus you get a nice little happy bag with free mascara, lipstick, high resolution eye cream and eye makeup remover.
It's a keeper.