September 2, 2014 | 1156 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

After using NARS blushes for some years, I have come to the conclusion that there are a few shades that are really worth the money. Some of their most popular blushes are sheer and not even the most pigmented. I felt like I wasn't getting the worth from paying $27 a pop. Dolce Vita is one of the shades NARS uses himself the most, and I've seen other artists use it constantly for fashion week or runway shows. Dolce Vita, Amour, Torrid, Taos, Taj Mahal, Gilda, and Desire are the ones that come to mind when I want a long lasting blush. I have Deep Throat, but.... it barely lasts a few hours due to the shimmer breaking up the pigment. I had Luster and it was same way. I went to the website again to look it over. When NARS describes something as "sheer", they mean it. The sheer shades show up better on very fair or light skin. They even mention Deep Throat was awarded for being good on fair skin. Dolce Vita is a perfect combination of pink, berry, and neutral tones of beige. It's not a flat matte, but it goes on skin more natural looking because it mimics a real flush. Just a tap with a brush, any more and it will be too much. It will last you forever even if you use it every day. Since it can be a guessing game with what brush to use, I use a Real Techniques Contour brush. It's soft enough to barely touch the blush, but it holds the color and deposits it more evenly. It's also small enough for everyone's cheeks.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A blush that looks sooooo natural you can´t believe you´re wearing any make up at all. The perfect blush for Dolce Vita lipstick. They both make you look healthy, polished and natural. Great products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

For as much as my NARS blush stash renders me a legit candidate for A&E's Hoarders, I always passed over Dolce Vita; while it is lauded as being one of the most universally flattering shades, the lipstick of the same name always pulled orange-ish terra cotta on me, rather than "dusty rose." As a cool, ghostly NW5-10, warm terra cotta just does not generally do me any favors...

That said, I felt pangs of remorse after reading a rave blog post about it, after which I felt sorry for having been dismissive -- and that's how Dolce Vita came to live in my stash through a swap. I am very pleased with the addition!

As is the case with most NARS blushes, I have to use a stippling brush with this one -- it is very heavily pigmented and entirely matte; there is no shimmer at all. On the skin, it applies as a hearty, clean, deep rose with a hint of ruddiness / brown; it is very neutral-toned with no discernible pink or peach. It gives my complexion a healthy looking rosiness -- I really like it a lot, and I was pleasantly surprised.

While I would buy it again, it is unlikely that I will ever need to do so -- a little goes a very long way, and I get more than the full effect from just a touch of my stippling brush. I think it would work really well on all skin tones and intensities -- it's a very neutral color. Lovely!

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia is a perfect match.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

It's painful to like a product like this, because it's so expensive. That being said, the penny pincher in me believes that this is truly a keeper. To be honest, Dolce Vita looks pretty blah on the pan and even when you swatch it, it's just meh. I was curious though, and I looked up more photos online and saw that it applied beautifully on the face. So I caved in and bought it. Glad I did. Like many have said here, a stippling brush will do the job to prevent you from looking like a bruised up streetwalker. Applied with a light hand, I forgot about the price tag and became enamored with the lovely color it imparted on my face. It's natural, yet sultry--a bit grown up, for sure, but also pretty sexy. It imparts a warmth and glow on the face that's really hard to explain (I'm sure DV users know what I'm talking about). Some have mentioned that the finish is matte, and I agree, but be aware that there are very fine iridescent particles, which seems to just add to a glow effect, rather that shimmer. Most importantly, the color lasts forever! I work a long shift and hate touching up, and this really goes the extra mile in terms of staying power. I'm pretty in love with it, and if you're curious about Nars blushes, don't pick Orgasm, pick this! Way more bang and pigment for your buck.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Not easy to work with at all. I tried it a few times, and it gave me a burnt look, rather than a pretty rose shade.

I used stippling brushes to attempt my using with this, and tried to match with my Dolce Vita gloss, which didn't work out at all, so in the end I swapped this away and don't regret it...

(NC20-25.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Serendipity111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this blush! NARS really makes the best blushes on the market - they are very pigmented, go on smoothly, and last all day. Dolce Vita is a very pretty dark rose shade and looks great on me (NC20, green eyes, blondish brown hair). They are expensive but I have to use so little each time that it'll last me years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's a beautiful matte rose shade, and looks great on olive/yellow toned skin. the staying power of Nars blushes is the best of any blush I've ever tried. I have super oily skin and this never oxidizes or goes streaky on my, and even after blotting my face throughout the day it doesn't wear off. Nars also makes a lot of great colors in a matte finish that don't look chalky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Uuumm,, actually this is a good product, very pigmented, and the color is so bold. And the texture is so smooth.
i have a medium skin ( i'm Asian ) and i think this is very intense on my skin... A lil bit dark, and i look like get burnt.
The color is deep dusty rose, and if you wrong with the technique application, your cheeks will looks reddish...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by duckfoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this colour. Now that I finally figured out which brush to use and how to apply it (thanks YouTube tutorials!) I can actually use it without looking like a hot mess.
As I wrote for Mata Hari, the one thing I don't like with Dolce Vita is that it is very easy to go overboard so one has to be quite careful with how much product is picked up on the brush. And once you go overboard you more or less have to wipe it all off and start over.
I would probably repurchase this if I ever needed to, which I doubt that I will!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Being medium dark nc40, thought I could rock this blush.
I love pigmented blushes such as mac plum foolery, mac breezy and nars constantinople. So, am very optimistic seeing reddish brick color in the pan, but it goes on somehow 'orangey' on me, reddish orange to be precise - make me look sunburn and sick -not a good look. Even if I use sparingly, it will somehow 'oxidised' into this horrid orange red color on my face, the exact color when I have high fever. I use Nars yachiyo brush fyi, which to me is a 'foolproof' brush for pigmented blush, but still the blush looked bad.