Chanel Mascara Exceptionnel

3.6

Water, paraffin, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, stearic acid, palmitic acid, beeswax, acacia senegal gum extract, carnauba wax, triethanolamine, vp/hexadecene copolymer, ethylene/va copolymer, hydroxyethylcellulose, cellulose, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, silica, butylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, polyquaternium-10, microcrystalline wax, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, synthetic wax, potassium sorbate, edta, dimethicone. May contain: carmine, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, chromium cyanide, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica.

on 2/22/2010 4:02:00 PM

A good mascara, but nothing special, the results are exactly the same or maybe less than a L'oreal mascara.

on 2/10/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was not a fan of this mascara. First off, it is difficult to get the brush out of the bottle. They probably did this to minimize gunking on the bristles but I almost feel like I am going to yank the whole thing off. And then, once applied, the results are still spidery, with lashes over-coated and sticking together. Finally, this all smudges terribly. Luckily this was a sample tube because I only used it once.

I'm the type of girl who likes to go big or go home...while still looking somewhat natural. I have pretty long lashes naturally but not very voluminous. I've tried plenty of mascaras and I've been impressed with very few. I was hooked after trying this mascara for the first time. It lengthens and volumizes perfectly. And it's pretty buildable, which is awesome. Ever since I started using this mascara I have gotten SO many compliments from friends, family, even total strangers.

Not to mention it doesn't flake off like other mascaras. Every time I've found a mascara that I love when I first put it on, usually by the end of the day i have little flakes around my eyes...not cute. With this, I don't have to worry about flaking, it stays put til I take it off. Also, I don't really have to reapply throughout the day to keep my lashes from looking limp. If I'm going out and don't have time to redo my whole face, I'll usually just swipe on one more coat and I'm good to go!

I can't remember the exact price, but I know it was somewhere around $25. Some may think that's a little pricey, but I say it is totally worth it!

on 2/7/2010 12:39:00 PM

Didn't like this one. It just make my lashes thicker but also spidery and I don't like that at all. If that wasn't the case I'd be in love with it but I'm not so wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/31/2010 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am very particular about mascara for my long stubborn lashes. As a rule of thumb, it must be able to hold my curls. This mascara is exceptionally good in holding on my curls when I tried it out at the counter, lashes lusciously combed and fanned out, I was in awe.

Until.....it started smudging on me, big time! Initially, I thought it was the hot and humid weather here. So I tried to apply my mascara only after I reach my office. However, the smudging still did not cease even in the cold dry environment.

Am sorely disappointed with it. The last straw was when I applied it 10min before my presentation and found myself with raccoon eyes an hour later. Not a pretty sight at all.

Have only used this on at most 10 occasions and into the bin it went. Will not repurchase...

on 12/27/2009 3:21:00 PM

I HAVE USED MANY BRAND NAME MASCARAS,ESPECIALLY THE LANCOME,YSL AND CLINIQUE ONES.I WAS GENERALLY SUTISFIED UNTIL I TESTED THIS ONE.ITS MY FAVORITE MASCARA AN OF COURSE THE BEST FOR ME.IT GIVES TO MY LASHES THE VOLUME I WANT WITHOUT A BASE UNDER THAT.MAKES THEM BEAUTIFUL BLACK LONG AND THICK,LIKE THEY ARE FALSE.I WILL BUY THIS ONE AGAIN AND AGAIN,ITS A MUST FOR ME!!

on 12/21/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice mascara - gives my thin lashes a ton of volume and *oomph*, very sexy. I have this in smokey black (smokey noir). The lash applicator took a while to get used to - it doens't really have those fuller conventional bristle applicators. Gives the lashes a thick, rich looking coat and holds the curl perfectly. One thing that bugs me is the smell - i can't really describe it but it smells very chemically. Price is steep but overall worth it i think!

on 12/17/2009 1:26:00 AM

I was really enthusiastic about this at first because of the Noirs Obscurs collection and so I bought this at Saks, $30. It went on a little trickily- I have some difficulty with comb applicators at first but luckily the brush here lets you clean up really easily- but I liked the inky black color. Unfortunately after a few hours (in which I never touched my eyes, no rubbing, no tears, nothing) there was a black shadow under my bottom lashes. It had not only flaked on me, but also just rubbed off somehow. It was NOT pretty. This went back to Saks.

on 12/17/2009 12:27:00 AM

This is my favourite mascara at this present time. I used dior show, iconic, bag gal lash, intimitable and nothing has pleased me as much as the exceptionnel. There is a technique that I find I MUSt follow to get the perfect lashes, though it does take some time. Since it takes a while to dry, I put on a thin coat on my freshly curled lashes. Next I continue with my makeup regimine and in between will do another coat --twisting the wand both horizontally and vertically. when Im finished my makeup I will apply a last coat. Note that these are not thick coats at all. When I first applied the mascara, I applied it with a very thick coat and it straightened out my lashes.. when I went to curl them after the mascara, they started to clump together.

Im not sure how long this product lasts or if it dries out quickly (I havent noticed) but I would reccommend getting a sample before purchasing since it aint cheap. most makeup counters have them in stock for the holidays now, I got a sample to keep in my purse.

on 12/10/2009 3:29:00 PM

Okay. Let me say that I've purchased this twice, so I was willing to pay $35 for it a second time. And - since I haven't experimented with too many high-end mascaras yet - I would probably repurchase if I was dying to look amazing for a special occasion. Because let me tell you: I have fairly long, but very fine eyelashes that generally refuse to hold a curl, and this mascara seriously gives me incredible, runway-style, keeps a super curl ALL DAY LONG, volumized black lashes. For about the first two weeks. After that it slowly starts to look less amazing. As quite a few reviewers have noted here, it does dry out quickly. The first time I purchased it was *finished* after about 7 weeks. The second time around (current), I've added a bit of eye-makeup remover and cleaned off the brush when I've noticed it getting dry, and that has extended the life to approximately 12 weeks so far . . . but I have noticed a good bit of flaking the past couple of weeks. Even at this point it does still give me significantly more volume than the Maybelline Great Lash or MAC Zoom that I currently own - but I still don't think it's worth $35. Except for those first two weeks. Oooh-la-la! I'll be checking out Prestige / My Biggest Lashes and YSL Faux Cils next.