April 18, 2014 | 1712 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ayuhasida

After reading great reviews on this scrub on Makeupalley.com, I managed to get a sample of this. This skin polisher combines both physical and chemical exfoliants. It has microgranules with Lactic Acid that activates upon contact with water. As advised by the sale's lady, I used this on dry skin and I think its too harsh on my skin. It makes my skin red and raw. The thermal effect dissipate pretty quickly. I only used sample, so I can't tell the long-term effect of this. This scrub is pretty expensive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Short, but sweet review. Just like going for a facial. It rocks. Try it, you'll like it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by iindibaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutley a phenomenal exfoliant. It is a chemical/physical exfoliant... the best I have ever used!!!
Left my skin baby soft..incredibly soft and smooth....
Will absolutely buy again.. Although expensive, a little goes a long way and the lasts and lasts... I use it only once a week, since I use the Skin renewal Booster twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW WOW WOW! I agree with all the previous positive reviews on this product. It is exactly what you dream of in an exfoliant. Superb.

I literally had to search high and low for this after I read all the great reviews and when I finally found it (5th attempt!!) I bought 2 (just as well I love it)! Testimony to my faith in MUA reviewers... 8-)) I paid the equivalent of around GBP30 / USD 50 per 75ml tube.

The first thing I love about this is the packaging.. love the aluminium looking tube which gives a sense of hygiene and modernity and looks great on the shelf.. ! Next up is the texture... just like the stuff they use in micro dermabrasion and I love the amber colour (OK, that's not really important is it?!). Thirdly, it is very satisfying to apply, not at all messy and incredibly easy to massage into the skin (kind of like an oily balm with tiny particles of glass)and you get a real sense that it is refining your skin but without any kind of aggravation. Last and most importantly, the results... I have glowing skin and a lovely colour/tone... and it feels incredibly soft and smooth. Plus it really does seem to boost penetration of products applied after this treatment. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff... !

Oops, forgot to mention the slight heating effect. Well I use this without water (for maximum results) and whilst I did feel a lot of heat upon initial application (which I really like) it lasts just a few seconds.

It's not cheap but I guess one tube will last for at least 3 months used 3 times a week cos you don't need to apply that much (but don't be too stingy) so I reckon for glowy fresh looking skin (at 44!) this is a steal.

Will update if any negative effects after continued use ....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by chellyfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do not hesitate for one second when purchasing this product - it is a miracle in a tube. I can't afford microdermabrasion very often, and I wanted to get that feel between treatments. A baby's butt has nothing on this product's results. Your skin is SOOO smooth after using it, and it adds color and brightness to your face (my biggest problem). My face glows and I can't stop looking at my skin in the mirror when I use it. Everyone needs this product. It will make you feel like a million bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

makes my skin polished and gives me glowing complexion..face feels so smooth, i am 26..i had little wrinkles in my eye area, but now i dont anymore..its safe use to your eye and mouth area.
really good product, but a little expensive, but well..i will buy this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by twirlypink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this scrub. Really gives you a radiant glow in just one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!!!

Really just the pefect scrub ever!!!

the smell is classic Dermalogica.....and it does what it says it will do....no alittle goes along way!!!....considering the cost yikes! i was happy about that..

i used maybe two pea sizes...and just alittle water....and lightly scrubed for 2 mins....

my face was like a babys bottom.....

now!...so far so good.....i will continue use and let u know more.....

Kandie

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I almost gave this a 4 but I don't want to ruin the 100% for a minor concern!! I have ultra sensitive and dry skin, and this is a tad rough for me while I'm massaging it into my face. I think it's the grit and the heat that don't mesh well with my very sensitized face. That said, I get red for about an hour or 2 after I use this product. HOWEVER I love it and wish I could bath in it. It does such a nice job and my skin looks and feel so good the next day. I use it once a week at night because it does turn me all red but by the time I wake up I have a whole new face. But for any of you who are really sensitive you may have the same redness issue.... but use it two or three times so your skin can acclimate a bit Within a month you will love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jthiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My face is so soft after I use it and even looks brighter. I love how it warms up on the skin right away. I've only used it a handful of times, but I really like it. It's definitely a little on the pricey side at $48 (got it from Ulta), but I think it'll last quite awhile. It's really worth it in my opinion.