November 28, 2014 | 1807 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by pneggy

Managed to get a sample of this when buying the microfoliant. This stuff is AMAZING. It smells wonderful, herby and aromatic, and most importantly, it does a wonderful job. My skin afterwards feels baby soft. When I finish microfoliant will deffo be buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee22

This is a great exfoliant. I had been using Dermalogica's daily microfoliant when my beautician recommended this to me. It helps clear the congestion on my nose and chin, and doesn't cause any irritation even though I have sensitive skin. It's more powerful than the microfoliant and should be used once or twice a week.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello lover! Where have you been all my life? I absolutely love this scrub. My skin has never looked better. I use this every two days on DRY skin after cleansing. It gets every single flake and has made my skin look radiant, like I just left a spa. I barely feel the heat and the granules might feel a bit rought at first, so try it on wet skin first and then start using it on dry skin once you feel you need to. Also, I broke out the first time I used it (purged) but it was worth it. I stuck with this product and my skin looks absolutely amazing after three weeks. Get it now! Worth every penny.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by smoothie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after stumbling upon reviews on here, I was really excited to try this as my favourite l'oreal refinish is discontinued in the UK and this seemed like it would do a similar job. I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago on damp skin, and afterwards my skin looked red in places but felt smooth, there was no irritation when applying. Perhaps overzealously, I used it again the next night. However a few days later I came out in about 3 fairly big spots , and a congregation of smaller spots around the nose. I really wish this was a coincidence (it was in the middle of exams so was stressed) but one of spots was on my cheek where I NEVER get spots (usually just get the odd hormonal spot on chin).
It's a few weeks on now and I've managed to get rid of all but one spot. I'm really unsure whether to try it again, having read the previous review that said they loved it after the initial spots....
It's such a risk though as have three nights out next week! May take the plunge tonight and update.
If it happens again then I can only assume that my skin is young for this (I'm 23 in July), or that I'm allergic to one of the ingredients!

Edit: Gave this away in the end, didn't want to risk trying it again and breaking out again...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by rubia2703

This is my first review, although I'm a member for a while and read reviews whenever I'd like to buy some cosmetics. I bought this scrub as I was seeking for something that is mechanical and chemical exfoliant in one and reviews were great so I decided to give it a try. And I didn't regret it! It's AMAZING. Skin is very soft afterwords. I use it in the evening on a dry skin for better exfoliation and results. Skin is little bit red after, but till morning it's gone, soft and brighter. Definitely recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is VERY expensive - but, truly, a little goes a long way. It's a facial scrub (mechanical) in a lactic acid (chemical) creamy base. Great for anti-aging, and dry skin. Not great if you are sensitive. I only need this 1-2 times per week - MAYBE 3 times in the nose and chin areas. Very good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ayuhasida

After reading great reviews on this scrub on Makeupalley.com, I managed to get a sample of this. This skin polisher combines both physical and chemical exfoliants. It has microgranules with Lactic Acid that activates upon contact with water. As advised by the sale's lady, I used this on dry skin and I think its too harsh on my skin. It makes my skin red and raw. The thermal effect dissipate pretty quickly. I only used sample, so I can't tell the long-term effect of this. This scrub is pretty expensive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Short, but sweet review. Just like going for a facial. It rocks. Try it, you'll like it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by iindibaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutley a phenomenal exfoliant. It is a chemical/physical exfoliant... the best I have ever used!!!
Left my skin baby soft..incredibly soft and smooth....
Will absolutely buy again.. Although expensive, a little goes a long way and the lasts and lasts... I use it only once a week, since I use the Skin renewal Booster twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW WOW WOW! I agree with all the previous positive reviews on this product. It is exactly what you dream of in an exfoliant. Superb.

I literally had to search high and low for this after I read all the great reviews and when I finally found it (5th attempt!!) I bought 2 (just as well I love it)! Testimony to my faith in MUA reviewers... 8-)) I paid the equivalent of around GBP30 / USD 50 per 75ml tube.

The first thing I love about this is the packaging.. love the aluminium looking tube which gives a sense of hygiene and modernity and looks great on the shelf.. ! Next up is the texture... just like the stuff they use in micro dermabrasion and I love the amber colour (OK, that's not really important is it?!). Thirdly, it is very satisfying to apply, not at all messy and incredibly easy to massage into the skin (kind of like an oily balm with tiny particles of glass)and you get a real sense that it is refining your skin but without any kind of aggravation. Last and most importantly, the results... I have glowing skin and a lovely colour/tone... and it feels incredibly soft and smooth. Plus it really does seem to boost penetration of products applied after this treatment. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff... !

Oops, forgot to mention the slight heating effect. Well I use this without water (for maximum results) and whilst I did feel a lot of heat upon initial application (which I really like) it lasts just a few seconds.

It's not cheap but I guess one tube will last for at least 3 months used 3 times a week cos you don't need to apply that much (but don't be too stingy) so I reckon for glowy fresh looking skin (at 44!) this is a steal.

Will update if any negative effects after continued use ....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No