Eucerin Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

4.6

Water , Glycerin , Cetyl Palmitate , Mineral Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Octyldodecanol , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Colloidal Oatmeal , Dimethicone , PEG-40 Stearate , Carbomer , Sodium Hydroxide , Phenoxyethanol , DMDM Hydantoin , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 9/17/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

An HG product for me....Every now and then I'll use it on my face to soften and calm the skin...Mostly after running or after camping outside, etc. It seems to accelerate the skin's healing. I typically only use coconut oil on my body but sometimes I use this when I need a break from the coconut oil...Great product!
Update: I didn't change my review numbers but this product I realized clogs my pores a little. One or two nights won't hurt, but consistent use creates little clogged pores which I usually pick at.

I picked this moisturizer because of recommendations from acne.org and of course splendid reviews on MUA. Because I began using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for acne, my skin got dry and itchy a lot. I thought calming creme could help remedy that a little and maybe even help with redness.

FYI: I don't wear any makeup.

Pros:
-Does help itchiness and dryness
-Cream consistency makes it very easy to apply to the face, very "spreadable"
-Decent price, and dermatologist recommended
-Packaging was fine, not leaky

Cons:
-The biggest problem with this is that it has mineral oil in it. Though it has not really been proven, many people say that mineral is comodogenic and acnegenic. It has not made me break out but my face is SO greasy after using this. It is frankly kind of gross. I use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets on a daily basis, and when I use this on a day I use Eucerin, the greasiness goes onto the sheet so quickly. I didn't get a chance to check the ingredients in the store when I bought this. Had I did and saw mineral oil, I probably would not have bought it.
-Did not help with redness like I had hoped

I may use some more from time to time on a day where I use a lot of benzoyl peroxide, but I do not plan on repurchasing. I think people with dry skin can give this a try though.

on 8/26/2010 8:36:00 PM

This has to be probably one of the moisturizers that has worked on my face. I love how the packaging is, instead of it being in a big jar. A little goes a long way. It lasts forever for the price you pay too. I use this at night with other products I use for my acne prone skin. It has helped with redness, acne scars &some blemishes. It is thick but doesn't leave my face feeling oily since I don't need much to apply. It is also very, very, moisturizing. I use this especially when my skin's dry from all my acne products. I will repurchase &keep purchasing.

on 5/26/2010 6:44:00 PM

I never registered with MakeupAlley with the intention of being a 'reviewer' but this product was so good I couldn't resist. I read on some of the other reviews that this cream took care of eczema. Since I was little, and I know I got it from my mother, I've had a milder form on the back of my upper arms that I've never been able to get rid off. Some of the B&BW cream worked in softening it but never appearance. Both the bumpy feeling and red, almost-acne like appearance have completely gone away after using Eucerin's Calming Creme only a week! Same for my mother. And you only have to use the tiniest bit to get results so it will last you a while despite looking so small for such a price. Very happy and I'll praise this product to whoever asks :)

on 5/15/2010 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is thick - too heavy to be used on the face. It seems to work nicely on legs, but I don't really dig the sticky feeling. It doesn't moisturize as well as some of the Aveeno products (even though they are lighter), so I won't buy again, but if u like it thick, it's pretty good.

on 5/7/2010 12:01:00 PM

This is an amazing thick moisturizer. Never ever greasy. I have occasionally used it on my face and never had a breakout. This really does calm my skin. I apply it after shaving and my skin never gets irritated or red. It doesn't have that stinging sensation that other lotions can have when applied after shaving or exfoliating. I actually like the smell it smells like bread to me. I will continue to buy this for years to come.

on 4/27/2010 9:33:00 AM

Well I don't really use this product on myself but on my 6 year old son who has suffered from eczema since he was about 6 weeks old. And we have tried everything!!!! And at one time I used steroids as nothing else worked. Well a physician friend of mine recommended that I try the Eucerin Calming Creme and I was hesitant because I was using the Cetaphil Creme at that time with ok results. Well the Eucerin Creme has pretty much eliminated my son's eczema and he hardly complains of itchy skin anymore. His skin is soft , scar free and moisturized, no more dry patches. We have been using this creme 1 - 2 times a day for the last 2 to 3 years and I will continue to repurchase. Thank you Eucerin!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely amazing lotion. I have dry skin and suffer from dermatitis and eczema and this creme absorbs quickly, is very rich, and never feels greasy. I'd definitely pick this over Aveeno (which is a good product, but nothing compared to this gem). I also have a pump bottle of Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion, which I actually end up using more than this just because I'm lazy and it's a lot quicker to pump, spread the Cetaphil all over my face & body at night than to use two separate products. The Cetaphil lotion doesn't work nearly as well so don't be lazy like me.

on 4/13/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

For an 1/8th of the cost of a smaller tube of Bliss, or 1/12th the cost of L'Occitane, I get a tube of lotion that is not irritating, doesn't smell weird, moisturizes and smooths my hands, and fits in my purse nicely. It doesn't smell as good as Bliss or L'Occitane, and it's a bit greasier. I wash or Purell my hands 15 or 20 times a day, working in health care, and especially under my wedding ring I get peeling skin. Eucerin takes care of that overnight (although if it's bad a bit of hydrocortisone and then Eucerin works even better). If it wasn't quite as greasy, and worked a bit better on cracked heels, it would get a 5.

on 1/29/2010 12:09:00 AM

Excellent. Somewhat thick, but no greasy feel and sinks in quickly for me. Love that it's unscented. I use it on my face and have had no problems. Very soothing.