April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dapich

Well I don't really use this product on myself but on my 6 year old son who has suffered from eczema since he was about 6 weeks old. And we have tried everything!!!! And at one time I used steroids as nothing else worked. Well a physician friend of mine recommended that I try the Eucerin Calming Creme and I was hesitant because I was using the Cetaphil Creme at that time with ok results. Well the Eucerin Creme has pretty much eliminated my son's eczema and he hardly complains of itchy skin anymore. His skin is soft , scar free and moisturized, no more dry patches. We have been using this creme 1 - 2 times a day for the last 2 to 3 years and I will continue to repurchase. Thank you Eucerin!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by chickflickhehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing lotion. I have dry skin and suffer from dermatitis and eczema and this creme absorbs quickly, is very rich, and never feels greasy. I'd definitely pick this over Aveeno (which is a good product, but nothing compared to this gem). I also have a pump bottle of Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion, which I actually end up using more than this just because I'm lazy and it's a lot quicker to pump, spread the Cetaphil all over my face & body at night than to use two separate products. The Cetaphil lotion doesn't work nearly as well so don't be lazy like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For an 1/8th of the cost of a smaller tube of Bliss, or 1/12th the cost of L'Occitane, I get a tube of lotion that is not irritating, doesn't smell weird, moisturizes and smooths my hands, and fits in my purse nicely. It doesn't smell as good as Bliss or L'Occitane, and it's a bit greasier. I wash or Purell my hands 15 or 20 times a day, working in health care, and especially under my wedding ring I get peeling skin. Eucerin takes care of that overnight (although if it's bad a bit of hydrocortisone and then Eucerin works even better). If it wasn't quite as greasy, and worked a bit better on cracked heels, it would get a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MERP

Excellent. Somewhat thick, but no greasy feel and sinks in quickly for me. Love that it's unscented. I use it on my face and have had no problems. Very soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer has saved my skin again and again during the winter time. My skin has a tendency to become very itchy and dry during the winter here, and very few lotions actually moisturize. Many leave me feeling greasy but still dry. However, although this moisturizer takes a while to absorb into my skin completely, once it does, it alleviates my itchiness and dry skin very well. There are some days I feel so dry and pained that I can't wear anything but sweatpants, and this cream helps me to put on normal clothes and get on with my life. Hooray for Eucerin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by AmyKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer. I occasionally use it on my face when it gets really dry, it leaves my face feeling soft as opposed to oily. It doesn't leave the rest of my body feeling oily either. Completely hypoallergenic. Best moisturizer ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Pamda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a great lotion. It recieves my approval as RN. In fact it has become part of my standard stock in my scrub pockets. Along with the flushes and pens. I wash my hands hundreds of times a shift. So I know about dry cracked hands. This stuff is great for sensitive skin has no scent and is very moisturizing. Now I suggest to buy a couple of these in the trial size (99cents a pop) they last awhile so throw one in your bag, desk,scrub pocket, car. The key to smooth soft hands is to apply lotion often(a decent one). I have tried so many different lotions and this one is in my top 3. Other nurses on my floor keep asking me if i still have any of that eucerin on me. So don't waste your money on other expensive lotions when you can get this which is better. I even like this better than jack black and gold bond which is in my top 3.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by erinjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Within the last year I've developed patches of eczema on my legs and after reading the rave reviews about this product, I decided to give it a try. Sadly, it did not help the itching or the eczema at all. My legs did feel moisturized eventually, but it took a really long time for the cream to soak in and stop feeling greasy. For those of you looking for over the counter eczema relief and a great moisturizer, the best one I have found so far is Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Lotion. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty good...although I wonder if I'm not the right kind of person to use it, because I don't find it a miracle worker on my skin or anything. I think it's probably a lifesaver for those with dry skin. I have ezcema so that's why I wanted to try it, and at least in that regard it's pretty effective - its unscented (necessary) and hydrates well, except I still get dry patches on my elbows. I think the trick with this product is to use it right after the shower/bath, because it does contain mineral oil which will lock the moisture OUT of your skin otherwise. So I'm not totally gaga over the product but I will still give it 4 stars because it essentially does exactly what I bought it for - provides moisturization without being greasy, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Oh, one thing I don't like is the flip-top cap - only because it sticks!! It can be quite difficult to open :S

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by curlygurl

I actually use this on my face daily! I have combo skin, dry in the morning, oily tzone by midday, but I get the oilies no matter what I do. So, I know lots of MUAers use this as your body lotion, but try it on your face. I'm VERY breakout prone and have never had a breakout from this. I don't even use primer when I use this because I think it's thick enough (still absorbs well) to do the job of moisturizer and primer in one. Plus it's pretty cheap!