E.L.F. brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/23/2011 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's not that bad. The colors show up if you try hard enough.

on 1/5/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love ALL the quads that ELF has released. They are very pigmented (esp. when you use their primer) These are great when you are traveling too! They are small and have a mini mirror.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love E.L.F. for selling (pretty) good quality products at reasonable prices. However, that does not mean that this palette is a 5 star product. The shadows are very powdery and leave lots of fall out. The medium gray color is very UNpigmented, and the white is very sheer as well. The black is not quite black, and the dark gray comes out as very very glittery.
Overall, if you need some monochromatic colors for a smokey eye, try these out at first. If you want a good white, black, and gray shadow for your collection, skip these. They're worth a dollar, but they are not that great.

on 1/2/2011 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I only have 3 different quads by ELF, and i have to say this is my favorite. So pigmented!!!! Even the white color is very pigmented!! And the 4 colors have different finishes.
The price is a joke... 1 dollar!!!
With a decent/good primer the eyeshadows last a long time on me.
You can throw this in your purse and that's all you'll need for a basic eye look.
I love it :)

on 12/27/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Just tried this quad a few days ago and I really liked the result. I followed a youtube tutorial and the result was gorgeous. definitely should be for evening or going out as it is very dramatic and the colors are intense....great for a smokey eye....a smokey eye for $1 - who woulda thunk it ??? e.l.f did!!!! will definitely repurchase...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I love this quad. I recommend this as a night time look. The colors blend beautifully together. It's not very high-pigmented but it's still a pretty good amount. Worth the $1!

on 11/22/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great, super cheap little quad for a smokey eye. It has a matte white, a shimmery light blue based gray, a deeper gray with silver sparkle, and a dark gray with subtle shimmer. My favorite is the white because it has a slight sheen to it, and I love it for highlighting the brow-bone on a daily basis. This is obviously not the best quality of shadows, but for a dollar, you really get a decent set of colors that blend well and last all day over a primer.

on 11/18/2010 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG...Only a $1.00!!! It gives the BEST smokey eyes ever! I do use a great eyeshadow primer, so it doesn't fade or crease. I would never not use a primer with a cheap eyeshadow. I blend, blend, blend. And, it's fabulous!!!! I never dreamed I'd ever buy or love an eyeshadow that only cost ONE dollar. Back in the day...If it was a dollar? It probably had no pigment whatsoever and no lasting power. Boy have times changed when it comes to lowend cosmetics. This is super pigmented, and it has a nice soft satiny shimmery consistancy to the dark gray and black colors in it. I wish I got it sooner. I kept passing it by at Target, and I finally got it. So glad I did! Talk about biggest cheapest thrill ever! I wish the other colors in the line were as appealing as Drama because I'd buy them all. I am going to keep an eye on this line for new colors! The dark gray is the perfect shimmery dark gray with no blue...It's a true charcoal gray shimmer. And the black is very satiny...not too matte with satin sheen to it. The other two colors...silver and white...are not as interesting to me as the gray and black! Love the gray and black!

Update: HOLYGRAIL! I went back and got 5 backups! Only 5 bucks! lol Nice! I hit pan pretty fast within the first week on the shimmery dark grey color. The black e/s in this quad is amazing...Reminds me of an old discontinued Shu e/s I use to own -so satiny and smooth! This quad is a one stop to smokey eye perfection! lovelovelovelovelove

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have to admit, I did love this quad when I first bought it for a dollar. At my first use I was amazed by the quality that can for such a cheap price.
After reading other reviews, I realized all the positive reviews only compared the price to the quality instead of writing anything about the shadows themselves.
After trying the quad out a few times, here's my breakdown:
White shadow: not well pigmented, the highlight is only visible up close.
Dark grey: not pigmented at all, it's practically all glitter.
Black: not even black, more of a grey.
Light grey: again, mostly glitter and barely any color.

Overall, the shadows themselves give a lot of fallout. The quad itself is really tiny, its about the size of half my palm. In my opinion, it's better to save that dollar for a candy bar or a better quad.

on 11/4/2010 11:40:00 AM

Great for a smokey eye, love it and it stays on..
better then MAC at $1.00 you cannot beat it
the only gripe is that the powder goes every where so you must
brush it off and then either reapply foundation or powder to get ride of
the dark powder under your eyes