September 1, 2014 | 1499 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Real Control Crema Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Of the three Real Control products which I purchased and have used three or four times (shampoo and conditioner and this styling product), this cream is the keeper. I have to use it after towel-drying my hair because the Real Control conditioner does not fully untangle my medium length hair. Granted, my hair is thick but it is not damaged and I only decided to buy this line because of the rinse I'm using on my hair.

This cream works very well to smooth out my hair which then becomes very manageable. Once I've blown my hair nearly dry, the hair is full and soft and requires no further products or even styling. It is a wonderful product. and I need apply only a small amount for it to work.

I will definitely repurchase Crema Care and I hope it works just as well without the other two mates which were disappointing experiences.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Smuckles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is some wonderful product!
I have been using the little sample tube for months now, it's really a great option if you wanna give it a go, it lasts, and it was under 5 bucks at the local beauty supply. I love Redken for that alone.
I have only good things to say about the Real Control line!
This product makes styling my long, fine, wavy hair effortless. I use a dime size amount all over my damp hair, then apply a bit more in my frizzy, more problem areas, back in a bun to dry, and done!
My hair is silky, shiny, smoooooooth, and not weighed down (the most important one for me).
I'm going to invest in a bigger tube, and they looked quite generous, I imagine if the sample lasted me as long then the full size could go a very long way.
Good stuff! ;)

*UPDATE* I ran out of the sample tube and bought the full size, I have had it for 5 months now and I've barely dented it. Kudos to Redken for giving such a generous amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by harmonyjensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for several days now and I'm definitely happy with it. I have a lot of fine hair and it's damaged and dry from too much highlighting. This stuff makes my hair extra soft and less poofy and frizzy. The ends of my hair always look wrecked, but my hair is a lot smoother since using this product. I rarely dry my hair in an attempt to prevent more damage and it dries wavy and smooth. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by aligator

I have really dry, frizzy, coarse, wavy/straight, thick virgin hair. I use the entire Redken Real Control line and love everything about it! The Crema Care is a leave-in treatment you use after you towel dry your hair. I let my hair dry naturally most of the time and this stuff makes my hair feel smooth and look well, in control! I have never used a line that actually works with my hair until now.. This stuff also smells great! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by carlasher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have ever used. This keeps my hair manageable and extremely soft. If you're looking for shine, this will not give it to you, but it will keep your hair soft and free of breakage.

3C natural - bra strap length - dyed blue/black demi

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Ohhsoosmooth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have thick, coarse, wavy, color treated hair. It makes my hair soft and managable when blowing it out straight. You only need a dime sized amount for short hair because if you put on too much it would probably weigh your hair down. I don't style my without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kl87

I am suprised to see such mixed reviews for this product. I tried it upon the recommendation from my hairdresser when I went from brunette to blonde. The cream did wonders to rehydrate and help my hair recover, its now back to being as healthy as previous. I have found that if you put in too much of the product it dries feeling a bit for lack of a better word "producty" but will usually brush out and feel okay. Definately a case of less is more. Crema Care also keeps my hair under control, my hair is fine but I have lots of it and it tends to go a bit fluffy like after washing but this has calmed down the effect and is also a good blow drying aid/protectant.
Will be repurchasing for sure..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have loved everything in the Real Control line except this. After it's dry the texture of my hair just feels...off. I use it sometimes at night on the ends for the extra moisture, but that's mostly just to use up the (travel size) bottle. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is frizzy, damaged, highlighted and thick. This creme made me feeling like there was something in my hair and it was really hard to comb through it...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by InlovewithSmashbox

This did nothing for my hair, except make it look frizzy, and feel like I forgot to wash something out of my hair. I did exactly what it said to do on the bottle, and it felt like it would of dried amazingly but I was sadly let down with a poofy, untamed result.

I am guessing that this is for people with really thick, uncontrollable hair.