December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Brown Black

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by perrisquirrel

I have been using this product for about 8 months now - every 3 weeks or so. I have used almost all of the other drugstore brands in the past, but I like this one the best right now.

I tried it initially because I wanted to stop lightening my hair - my natural color is a dark brunette. I was coloring to a medium ash blonde and I wanted a drastic change - a very, very dark brown/almost black. Loved the color on the box! This product worked great for completely covering my old blonde color and the shiny silver grays. It doesn't dry my hair as much as some of the others brands I've tried and doesn't fade nearly as fast.

I wish they would give you more conditioner - maybe 1.5 times what they have now. My hair is super thick and sucks it right up. That's the only negative I have. I can't see myself switching away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGonzales

The only reason I'm not giving this product 5 stars is because I've only used it once so far, and I still need to see how my hair responds to this color when I've been using it for a longer period of time. So far, though: AWESOME! I have naturally dark brown hair, that I've been dying a dark coppery auburn for some time - recently I was sick of the red and went to my stylist to go brown again. He did a great job and I loved the new darker me. However, I can't afford to go to my stylist for colorings right now and the red was starting to show through a bit again, so I read the reviews and bought this color. I loved it right off: darker than my natural color, but not goth black. And it looked so even and shiny! Then I saw my stylist recently and asked him for his honest opinion: three thumbs up, baby! He agreed that my hair looked perfectly even and was in great shape and that the color rocked! Woohoo - all that for $ 4! I'm so in love with my hair right now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to haircolor when I want something deeper than my natural hair color, without going totally black. Brown Black is unusually lovely; it manages to be multitonal and interesting without deviating from its darkness and depth of color. It makes my fair skin look even creamier and my lips rosier - I tend to need a little more blush than usual, though, when my hair is this dark, but I don't terribly mind. This is a great color for winter!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

I have been dying my hair for approximately 10 years, so I have tried different brands throughout that time frame. Colorsilk is definitely one of the better brands. The dye does not have that over the top smell that accompanies most brands. Of course all hair dye is damaging but this brand seems to be the most gentle. This particular shade should be labeled natural black since you will not notice much brown at all. My advice for anyone with dark hair, try out Colorsilk's dark brown first since that shade, in my opinion is still extremely dark and looks a bit more natural.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

I must admit, I had become a "haircolor snob", because I would only dye my hair using professional dyes from Sally's or Barnums. However, I have tried most of the drugstore brands throughout the years. I just wanted a haircolor that will darken my light ash brown hair to a darker/richer brown, and look even from root to tip...no lighter/brassier roots! Colorsilk was the only one I hadn't tried yet, but I'm so glad I did! I love the shade "Dark Brown", but when I want an even darker brown, I use "Brown Black". I leave it on for 25 min (the roots for 20 min. and then pull through ends for the last 5 min). Brown Black starts off a beautiful natural light black shade, and then fades to a BEAUTIFUL, rich, very, very dark chocolate brown. It's truly multi-tonal and natural looking, with chocolate and blackish highs and lows. And as damaged and porous as my hair is, the color turns out TOTALLY even, from root to tip! AND it made my hair a lot more silky, manageable, and shiny. Yes, the gloves suck a$$, and yes, the conditioner is in a packet, not a tube, but I really don't care about all that. I only care about the end result of my color. No other brand has given me such beautiful even results like Colorsilk does! This is a perfect example of quality NOT correlating with price (considering this stuff is less than $3 a box!) SO in love w/Colorsilk!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No