November 20, 2014 | 1935 users online

Makeup Brushes - Make Up For Ever - Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by earlyprim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Very soft but applies mineral makeup very well. I bought mine in December of 2008 and I have never had a problem with shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mizjune

WHAT a stark contrast from my crappy Laura Mercier kabuki brush.

This brush is so wonderfully soft and I love how the hairs are synthetic. It is a little pricey, but I don't plan on buying another one for a really long time. Some items are worth the money you pay for them because of how much use you will get out of them.

I definitely feel as though I got my money's worth with this brush, even though I was a little apprehensive when I realized it cost $39.

I used it for the first time this morning, and absolutely NO shedding on my face. I was amazed. AMAZED!! I love this brush, and the little cash it comes in is useful for when I am travelling and throw all of my brushes into my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So incredible this brush - it is SO SOFT !!!! I use it to apply loose powder to set my foundation. It picks up powder well, and evenly distributes it on my skin, buffing it into perfection. And it is so soft it is a dream to use. I did not have any shedding with this brush. The fact that it comes with a little carry case is a bonus, but it's not something I will likely use as I leave this brush at home. But it is a great brush for a great price. Other brushes are either much more expensive, or they are the same price but very scratchy and rough. I would highly recommend this brush !!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by leanne03

I was using the MAC 182 kabuki and switched to this one after a review by a youtube user (lollipop26) - this kabuki brush is the SOFTEST i've ever used.. will never use another :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mine sheds! I'm so disappointed. I've had it about a month, and washed it three times, and it's still shedding hairs. I expect and don't mind the odd hair shedding especially in the beginning and when washing brushes, but this is over and beyond that. Every time I use this brush (daily at the moment) at least 5 -10 hairs are left on my face or drop out. As the hairs are mostly white on this brush, I can see them against my dark clothes. Also after application there are always a further 5-10 hairs loose on the brush itself that I can see and which will drop out next time.

I have 4 other MUFE brushes and none of them shed like this so it's not a reflection of the other brushes in the brand. I think I must just have a dud. I'm going to get mine replaced as I think it's the best brush for application of the HD powder. Other than the shedding, the brush itself is soft and works well for loose powder application. The bristles are long and flexible so I wouldn't use it for buffing (eg. mineral powder foundation application) but for brushing and stroking on the HD powder it's perfect.

I will update when I get my replacement brush and hope that the new one doesn't shed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must have gotten a dud because mine cracked around the base after one washing. The black plastic coating on the handle is just destroyed! Didn't drop it or misuse it, but there it is. Otherwise the brush is nice and soft and dense enough to apply MUFE HD foundation. I dampen the bristles slightly and then blot them dry before buffing on HD foundation. Too bad. Back it goes to Sephora. boo hoo :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Seaweedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW! This brush is the softest brush I've ever felt! Definitely go buy it! It works well too, just like many other kabukis except this brush is softer than any other brush I've ever felt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

when i first felt this brush in Sephora, i was in love. it's so soft. but i didn't think i needed it, so i left it. well now Sephora has a set, the HD powder and the brush, you save $20 if you get the set and opposed to separately. so i had to have it. not only is it soft but the fact that the ends are black make it perfect for loose powder application, because you can see exactly how much powder is on the brush. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased a Bare Esentuals gift set last Christmas for..ahme..myself:) and have been using the kabuki brush that came in that set ever since. It works good but I was looking for something a little bit higher quality(seeing the one I got was in a set). I came upon this at Sephora last night and I LOVE it! Sure, it's a bit expensive but it feels AMAZING on your skin. Next time anyone's in sephora def check this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jshy

I am studying make up at MUF Academy and just purchased the HD set which include few foundations, brushes & the HD powder. Since the course hasn't started yet, I decided to try the products later & give the Kabuki brush a headstart. I am surprised that it does not only work well with the HD powder but also general loose powder ( Laura Mercier Mineral loose powder) & my Shiseido Maquillage Compact Foundation. It 's made of Nylon & feel very comfortable on my skin. The price is not cheap but it should last for quite a while. You just have to give extra caution not to zip the hair by accident when closing the bag.