Revlon Just Enough Buff

3.5

on 3/9/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Picked this up, Im a huge peach nude type of person, i have way too many nude lipsticks. this lipstick is almost a dupe for macs freckletone. if you like macs peachstock, or nars honolulu honey, you will probably like this lipstick a lot better than nude attitude or soft nude from revlon. it has a little bit of shimmer, but you cant tell when u look at it . its nice tho, the tone of it is a little tiny bit more pinky undertoned than freckletone. but over all its nice.

>belle dejour nars lipstick is also recommended if you like peachy nudes.

on 2/12/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

What a disappointment. The color in the tube looks like a peachy nude. Its more orange based than pink based but nonetheless, it looked lovely in the packaging. But when you put it on it does no justice. First of all, it says its a cream finish but creamy it is not. It has obvious glitter particles in the lipstick itself and on the lips, the glitter is noticeable. Next, when you swipe it across your lips its not creamy... it feels like a dried out or hard chapstick. Also, the pigmentation pretty much sucks. It barely shows up and did not look like a nude lip and my lips aren't extremely pigmented either. Finally, despite it being a "cream" formula, if you put this on dried lips it will emphasize every single crack on your lips. Not good. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone and I pretty much hate it.

on 1/9/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

A shimmery, poorly pigmented beige. Can't image anyone pulling this off without a generous amount of pigmented gloss on top, at the very most, not anyone around my skin tone (NC25). The only Super Lustrous lipstick shade I have ever been disappointed with. Seems promising, but not a good nude shade at all, sadly.

on 12/19/2010 10:03:00 AM

After seeing this on Halle Berry in the advertisments, I had to get this. I love it! It's perfect for when you wear a dramatic eye, or if you just don't feel like wearing a dark lipstick. This is a beautiful color with a touch of shine. Gorgeous. Will keep using and using.

on 12/14/2010 8:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh. I wanted a mid-nude lippie to tone down the color of my lips without making me look like a corpse. On one hand, this does that. My typically rosey lips are made more a peachy-golden fleshtone, and it definitely does not make me look dead. On the other, however, it says it's a cream but it's almost as though it's just not *technically* shimmery enough to be a pearl (I wanted *zero* shimmer), and it applies dreadfully. If you look closely enough it's sort of pilled and just blatantly sitting on top of my lips. It's also, despite is near pearlishness, weirdly matte in effect. Color: good. Execution: tragic. Will not repurchase.

on 12/9/2010 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My skin tone is yellow undertone-fair medium (NC30) asian.

Color: I was hoping this lipstick would be nude on my lips, but it didn't look as nude as I would like it to be. It is a bit sheer. The color doesn't look bad on me. It is more natural than a strong nude color and less color than light pink. It has a peachy tone. With that said, the color looks pretty natural and not harsh. It's great for muting some of the color of my pink pigmented lips. One thing I dislike about this is that it has shimmers in it. I prefer my lipsticks to not have shimmer or glitter. The shimmers are more noticeable when the color wears off.

Staying power: Staying power is not good. I have to reapply after two hours or so. When you first apply it, it can be moisturizing enough on me. After a couple hours later, the color will fade and start to dry up juuust a little. My lips don't get severely dried out or chapped when I wear this, but I wear some small lip balm underneath just in case.

Texture: I've read comments on how people think this is gritty or doesn't glide well. At first I didn't really think much about it or see any difference. Then, I took off the lipstick and put on Revlon's SuperLustrous "Pink in the Afternoon" and was all "ooooh i see...". "Pink in the Afternoon" was more noticeably smoother, creamier, and glided on better. "Just Enough Buff" is still decently creamy. I wouldn't say it is "gritty", but probably not as smooth as some other lipsticks out there. The application is tolerable. The texture isn't bad enough to where it repels me.

Overall: this is a good natural color on me, but I don't like the staying power and the color isn't enough to "wow" me into purchasing it again. I prefer to purchase a lipstick where the color is more noticeable rather than being slightly subtle. Plus, I hate the shimmers. The shimmers are probably not noticeable far away, but just knowing it is on me, annoys me lol.

on 11/21/2010 9:07:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews for this product, since I really really love it.

It really suits my olive-y asian skintone (about NC30 right now) and my extremely pigmented lips. It mutes out the colour just enough for a nude effect but doesn't make me look like a corpse like other popular nude shades (MAC Myth, I'm looking at you). I don't find it gritty, granted it's not the smoothest lipstick I've ever used but it's not chunky by any means.

The colour lasted through eating and drinking sans straw and didn't leave shimmers behind when the lipstick wore off like other shimmery lipsticks I've tried.

I think I might have found my HG nude!

I think the key for this particular color is the color of your natural lip. My skin is NC20/25 with moderately pigmented lip. When wearing foundation, lip color is a must so I don't look like I've had all the blood sucked out of me.

This color kind-of restores a natural color to my lips. Its noticable, and it gives me the barely-made up look. It needs to be reapplied every few hours.

I'm on the fence if I'll keep it or not. It just isn't all that noticable on my natural lip.

on 11/3/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

One of the few nude lipsticks that look decent on me. I think it's partly because it's somewhat sheer. The texture is not creamy and can be drying.

on 9/28/2010 1:55:00 AM

this is the colour of my dreams! Unfortunately, it is not the formula of my dreams. It's not the creamiest of lipsticks so it can drag a little bit and highlight every single slightly dry area on the lip. A little bit of lip balm solves this, but then the lipstick doesn't last nearly as long. The colour is pretty sheer, so if you're looking for something opaque-ish, this isn't it. I will work around it because I love the shade so much, but I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Lipsticks