October 20, 2014 | 1550 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ct92

I love this sunscreen. I find it really keeps my oil at bay, but doesn't seem to dry out the areas of skin that are more normal. It makes a lovely slippy surface for applying a liquid foundation over the top. Sometimes I don't even need to powder if I'm wearing this under my foundation. I haven't been sunburnt since I started wearing this, which is saying something since Invisible Zinc didn't seem to prevent it nearly as much. I've already repurchased this once, and I will again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This really is a life changing product for myself, it has reduced about 50% of my oil secretion, and I really can't imagine a summer without it. Together with my skindinavia, I didn't even need to blot my face throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Prior to using this sunscreen I never used any on my face, or body for that matter. After reading on the skin board how beneficial sunscreen is, I decided to hop on the sunscreen bandwagon. I bought this sunscreen on Ebay for exactly $13.00. It is a small bottle, only 30 milliliter; it is about the same size of the sample Neutrogena sunscreen I got in my Target beauty bag, just a milliliter short. The Biore suncreen reeks of alcohol, which may be the reason it leaves such a matte finish on the skin. I do not recommend using this every single day because of the high alcohol content. This product is very runny, which I actually like. Unlike the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen, it spreads on your face easily, and sets quickly. The Neutogena suncreen is a nightmare to apply, balls up, and leaves your skin sticky. Whereas, the Biore Perfect Face Milk leaves your skin feeling smooth. I'm afraid though that this sunscreen is breaking me out. I'm not quite sure what the ingredients are, because I can not read Japanese. I do want to try out the Skinceuticals and La Roche Posay sunscreens.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jealloupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very thin liquid, "milk" being the perfect name for it actually. When applying it to the skin, this feels silky smooth (obviously due to the silicones). When it dries, the finish is extremely matte. TOO matte for me. This dries out my skin to the point where I have obvious flaky patches, not pretty! When I use this over moisturiser, it is slightly less drying, and it does keep skin matte all day long, which is great. I have only been using this during the winter, so I haven't seen much sun yet. Therefore, I can't comment on how effective this is during full sun exposure. Overall, this would be awesome for people with really oily skin, and for those who don't, I recommend you wear a moisturiser underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't think that I would actually be saying this, but I've found my HG!! So happy!

I bought this to mainly use as a sunscreen on top of my Clinique Moisturizer (Gel ver) not expecting much b/c I've bought into the whole BB Cream thing (actual Korean BB Creams) and was in for a letdown.

It's one of those rare products (if not the only I've come across) that ACTUALLY DOES AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO: I'm able to get my shine control, sun protection, and makeup primer all in one!! I can't believe it, but it's true! This actually works so much better than my $30 Laura Mercier Foundation Primer! And it has SPF in it!

I was scared that it would make me break out since it wasn't labeled as 'oil-free' or anything, but so far, so good! In fact, I can go all day without even thinking about my oil blotting sheets that I previously couldn't survive without....whoa.

I was also a bit hesitant to buy it b/c of the price per oz. (it's 4x more expensive than Neutrogena sunscreens!), but this is totally worth it for the benefits & b/c a dime-size goes an incredibly long way/ I'm a life-time buyer.

The only drawback is that it's not moisturizing enough to use as a stand-alone moisturizer... but I am not gonna let go of this bottle for a long time. I am, however, going to try out the Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Moisturizer (SPF 50), which sounds very similar except it doesn't have the shine control factor to it; but it's supposed to be more moisturizing... let's see how it goes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is everything I hoped it would be and more! I'd had my eye on it for several months after reading the rave reviews here & on the boards. I was lucky enough to acquire this via swap from a great gal in Singapore ;) so I'm not able to say from personal experience what purchasing from any of the online sellers to acquire this product is like just yet..
    It's very watery/milky in the bottle as well as when first squeezed out, but dries to a matte finish and it LASTS. I also like the squeeze tube (I have the white bottle with the white cap). However I do find the tube a bit on the small side & wish it were bigger (or maybe I just wish it were bigger because of how much I love it? Lol ;D)
    I do have very oily skin, I'm not sure how this would work for someone with a drier skin type, but when I use it, I do not need a separate makeup primer (which is a plus!)
    When I first applied this I remember being worried about breakouts.. My skin reacts funny to certain products, some things cause clogged pores, other things inflamed acne.. Thankfully this has caused NOTHING but matte skin for me (another major plus!)
    I got this late June, early July 2012 & I've used approx. half (Aug.26, 2012) When I complete this bottle I definately plan to purchase another though, it's really amazing stuff and there's nothing like this on the U.S. market (that I've ever come across at least!) 5 lippies all the way :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

How difficult in life is it to find a sunscreen for oily skin that doesn't leave a white cast? As of now, still impossible, I'm afraid. After trying the Biore mousse and finding that it restarted my acne problem due to blocked pores, I tried this one.

At first what bliss! Perfectly matte skin (maybe even too matte, a bit chalky - I like a little dewiness), easy to apply and dry, velvet-to-the-touch skin that didn't even sweat. Yes, there was the smell of alcohol, but all in all it was a dream! But I was wary because nowhere did the packaging say "non-comodogenic" and talc was listed as an ingredient. Also I had tried the aforementioned Biore mousse with not-so-good results. I have reviewed that as well.

I started watching out for signs immediately. And sure enough, the day after I started using it, I saw the telltale bumps of an oncoming break-out. I Clarisoniced the area out and prayed it was not the worst.

Like the Biore mousse before it, I will be using it only on my forehead and nose where I don't tend to break out as much as my cheeks and chin.

Now I will be trying Shiseido, Sofina or Nivea from Japan. Why do I take a chance time and time again? Because sunscreen is a must and I refuse to look like an oil slick.

Update: I can see bumps even on my forehead on the second use. I can use it only on my nose now!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by elliebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My search for face sunscreen is over. I have tried a lot of sunscreens for face and all of them made my oily skin even oilier hence the breakouts. After reading so many good reviews about this product, I decided to give it a go and bought a bottle at eBay, which btw, they totally jacked up the price. I tried it out and it was easy to apply. It glides smoothly, dries up quickly, and yes! It lessened the oiliness of my face! On a trip to Singapore, i hoarded this product and stocked up. I just wish they'd have bigger packaging for this.

But then, the results, the spf, im not really complaining!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

This is a very "watery" liquid sunscreen that feels extremely slippery, but melts into the skin and leaves a perfect finish for the day, in the short run. But now I've used it for one week and discovered new bumps on my chin and around the mouth, where I usually never get acne!! And this even if I've been extremely aware of cleansing in the night, I have really taken it away...and washed the face twice....

Pros:
    - mattifying
    - primer-effect
    - refines the skin and pores in a amazing way
    - claims high spf

Cons:

- loaded with silicones
    - not too broadspectrum, the uva A protection is very poor. UVA is important cause of the ageing effects...
    - small bottle
    - seems like it gives me clogged pores... :(

Wont repurchase.....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I thought this was my HG sunscreen as I've used 3 bottles. It was light and non greasy. Most importantly, it was cheap for the high protection it offers. Lately, because my skin have been severely dehydrated. Probably, due to the summer and me piling on mega sunscreen (those shake-up kind). I just found out those shake-up sunscreen contain ALCOHOL and it was sucking every drop of moisture I have. This Biore one included. I'm sad to say, but I can no longer use shake-up sunscreens. : ( You can read my review on the Shiseido Ultimate Protection Cream.