August 22, 2014 | 1643 users online

Sunscreen - Jane Iredale - Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using this sunscreen and so far I really like it. I got it in the Allure Sunbox which is packed with full and sample sized products for around $30.00 (I think it is a summer promotion they do every year) so it was definitley a bargain. I have oily, acne prone skin so sunscreens are a challenge for me but this one is a no brainer. I use Clinique City Block SPF 25 under my makeup and then apply this sunscreen over my makeup as a final step and it gets rid of the shine and offers me bit more protection. No breakouts or adverse reactions either. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by nadih84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is simply amazing. I have been looking for a sunscreen for a while now that didn't make my face greasy and disgusting, but found every sunscreen lotion to do just that. I happened to come across this powder sunscreen and it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. Well, it most definitely is. I ordered the translucent off of a popular auction site for $25.00 which isn't too bad considering how long this product lasts. I love the fact that since it's zinc oxide you can use it right before going out into the sun. Also, it has a great finish almost like mineral makeup a bit without really intending to have that purpose. I don't like the applicator but I just use the back part of it to apply. I will keep ordering this for sure. It is soo much better than a lotion, I wonder why no one thought of this before.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by crisallynn

This is by far my favorite thing I own right now. Just a tiny bit protects my skin from the sun and stays water and sweat resistant until I wash it off. I use it on my arms and legs also. It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by starsobright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this product. I tried the Colorscience Sunforgettable sunscreen powder but it clogged my pores horribly and felt very dry on my skin because of the bismuth in it. This one was much better. As with all physical sunscreens, if you don't exfoliate and use a good cleanser they will sit on your skin and eventually clog pores but following those guidelines this one was fine on my skin, unlike the damage that Colorscience did to my pores.. which even micro-dermabrasion couldn't undo right away! I'm ultra fair with very sensitive combo skin but I liked how the powder was very finely ground and not at all chalky like the Colorscience stuff. My only gripe is that I can imagine after a few uses the little puff is going to start getting a little dirty but if it is not removable I'll probably just switch to a brush and dip it in or something. My skin has a lot of redness in it and I liked that if I put this on it in translucent it evened it out almost like a very light colored version of my mineral makeup...Then all I had to do was add some concealer here and there for spot treatment and brush some powder bronzer on and a little blush to bring more of my color back. It's a small price to pay for not burning up in the sun! This powder also kept the oiliness of my t-zone at bay too, which was nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jazzjos

I bought this sunscreen thinking it was the answer for my oily and acne prone skin.....I was wrong! I got the slightly tan color and when I put it on It looks like I put way too much fake tanner on my face. It was horrible and it made my face feel itchy and it cost $44!!! I am done with mineral anything.