December 20, 2014 | 1255 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a large tube of this in #23 from Amazon and used it for about a week.

Pros:
-Fantastic coverage!
-Great SPF42 sunprotection.
-Great value. Apparently you can get some really good deals from the Missha US online store, but I chose Amazon because I have the prime membership that allows me to receive eligible items within 2 days for free.

Cons:
-Heavily fragranced. If you don't like it, it'll be tough having to smell it all day. It's pretty strong.
-One of the top ingredients is mineral oil! What?? I thought that was bad for your skin.
-Doesn't reeeeeally match my skin tone. But the next one down is a super orangey #27?? I'm more of a NC25 and the color of this makes me look a little lifeless. I'd probably brighten it up with blush for sure. There's almost no pink in this, but also seems to have no yellow.
-Lasts about 4-5 hours, then it rubs off with a simple accidental swipe of a hand. For my oily skin, it doesn't control shine all that well. This might be alleviated slightly by the use of oil blotting sheets.
-Wear glasses? this will rub off on the nose piece.

Tips:
-I used to apply it with my fingers and it would accentuate a lot of my pores and dry skin, then I changed to using a flat top dense brush (I bought a knock off sigma brush set from ebay that came with one that works great) and now it looks ten times better-- more dewy, more even, less accentuation of dry skin.

After a couple weeks of use:
-Does not seem to be improving the tone of my skin.
-I have little stubborn acne bumps that formed from use with a previous BB cream (Holika Holika pore clearing) previous to using this, but even after stopping the old BB cream and using this for a couple weeks, the bumps haven't really gone away, which makes me suspicious that this may also be acne-unfriendly.

UPDATE: I have continued to use this now for at least a month. I haven't had any terribly bad reactions, but it tends to clog my pores. If I don't use benzoyl peroxide everyday, this clogs the daylights out of the skin on my cheeks, which rarely has issues, and leaves little bumps. It could be from the mineral oil, sunscreen, or fragrance I suppose, so I'm looking for a different BB cream to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

It was alright, i bought it in natural beige considering i'm light to medium skin.. it was a bit too dark for me.., the smell was not good in my opinion.. it also had a greyish/black tint to it and it looked like i had dirt on my face.. But it was alright, maybe i chose the wrong shade for my skintone..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by paddlepops

Missha always have really great quality face makeup. The price seems to have gotten higher recently but I'm glad this one is still one of their cheapest yet best products.

I used this during high school and it was really nice and comfortable to wear. The lightest color although ashy matched my skin in a kinda strange way. This has really good coverage not as good as Lioele Triple the Solution but I could get away with using this on its own with some powder.

Overall it's just an all round good product. Nice smell, texture, color, coverage, staying power, finish and doesn't irritate the skin. It doesn't do anything the 'best' but I'd rather it do a lot of good things and this is a product filled with those.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE--
THIS Gave me VERY bad cystic acne. Its barely clearing up And its September!!.. I still have marks from hyper pigmentmentation. At the time--i thought it was great stuff..but I started breaking out..not too bad at first..but they were deep cystic pimples that took forever to go away. I thought-its something else. But it wasn't :-( I finally gave this to my mom..she uses Skin 79 intense classic BB cream. She is a 60 yr old woman... AND IT BROKE HER OUT TOO!!! AT THE END OF THE DAY SHE HAD A PIMPLE TOO!! AFTER 20 YRS!! I don't recommend this at all anymore...

I think this is the Best BB cream I ve purchased. I got honey beige #27. its a lot thicker then American Bb creams which r basically just glorified tinted moisturizer. I have SUPER OILY skin with some acne and acne scarring as well as some scars from an auto pedestrian accident in which I was the pedestrian-it covered well without settling in divets and marks--scars :-(
it has SOME staying power since I'm doing this review in July in Utah. not as much as I like but I just mix it with a TINY bit of my Revlon color stay foundation And it works terrific!!
I do not think it breaks me out but I will do an update at later time about that as well as any lightening and such it claims to do. I wish it was available in stores here is the only con so far... good stuff :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dyellowrosek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read ALOT of reviews and looked at ALOT of videos about this product before buying it in the # 27. I loved that it contained ingredients to help your skin, especially the high SPF (not liking the lightening and parabens parts though) and that the shade #27 was described as more of a yellow based undertone. When I do use foundation I am slightly lighter than the Revlon Colorstay foundation in Toast, L'Oreal w4.5 Fresh Beige powder however is the perfect shade for me (for reference).

When applying it, at first it goes on light with the grayish cast, but soon oxidizes to blend into my skin tone.It provides a light coverage and that is just enough for me as I really don't have alot to cover/hide. I use my moisturizer first then put this on, but its not necessay. I do have dark undereyes, so I use an additional concealer to help with that and set everything with a light dusting of my L'Oreal powder or Ben Nye's Banana powder.

The texture is thick, but goes on smoothly and does NOT feel cakey on your face. It wears pretty well for me, does not feel oily and does not make me break out. I haven't noticed any lightening of the skin.

I purchased this from amazon, which cost me more than I would normally spend on a BB cream, but I really wanted to try it and would purchase again. I would advise anyone buying this product to be careful who you purchase from, as I've read where people have gotten fakes. With all that being said, I personally think the product is great and would recommend anyone to give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought this over and over in shade #21 which mostly matches my NC15 skin (Gobi in NARS Sheer Glow) well enough but not perfectly. I've given this a 3 out of 5

Rundown:

-the coverage is medium to full but the lasting power is rubbish so you won't look flawless past the 4 hour mark unless you have perfect skin
- it has a dewy finish
- moisturizers or sunscreens seem to ruin the finish and staying power of this so it's best tried with other products kept to a minimum.
- adding a setting powder makes it cake unless you use the tiniest amount
- if you're oily, this BB cream might not be a good choice
- if you're dry, this BB cream is an excellent choice as it's very moisturizing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was in Thailand. Shade 21 was a good match for my skintone (NC15). I loved that it looked so natural and just gave my skin a real glow. While it's not going to cover dark blemishes, it certainly helps to even out your complexion. I wore this with and without powder over the top, both worked well, it just depends on if you want a more dewy look. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shiry7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Edit: Tip! I now mix in a drop of serum before applying rather than adding the Fix+, and it works gloriously to make my skin look like a naturally glowy dream.

I am in love with this stuff. It looks absolutely natural on me which is one of my major goals when picking a foundation. It's the perfect combination of covering imperfections while also letting my actual skin show through. I'm in love with the color match, staying power (I sometimes have 12+ hour days), and finish (semi-matte).

I was skeptical of trying bb creams because color match is so important to me, and I absolutely will not stand for any of this gray nonsense. I'm a neutral/yellow NC20 so after some research online it seemed that #23 should be my closest match. However, I was lucky enough to be able to go to a Missha pop-up shop where a makeup artist figured out my exact shade. Turns out that my perfect color is a mix of #27 and #21 (using slightly more #27). This mix really works!! No more gray tone at all.

Now that it's summer I prefer a little more of a dewy finish so I use MAC Fix+ to accomplish that. After moisturizing, I lightly spray my face with MAC Fix+ (4-5 sprays), then mix the colors on the back of my hand (this gives the Fix+ a little time to settle down a bit). Then I apply with my fingers which is a breeze with the added slip from the Fix+. I pat on a little extra where I have some more redness. Then after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup, I give myself a few final sprays of Fix+, and I'm done!

Anyway, I hope my review will help some of you avoid the dreaded grayness. Missha has so many sales, it's easy to pick up two different colors to mix at a price that's lower than a lot of other foundations. It's really worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This bb cream offers a medium coverage..and has a thick consistency that I do not enjoy especially in the summer time. At first, i enjoyed using it..but then, i realized that it contained mineral oil. My oil skin hates mineral oil...Also, it would look cakey when i apply concealer over this bbcream. Now,i only dare to use it under my eyes..but not on my T zone, because it will break me out and make my skin oily after a few hours and cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

I previously used the Garnier BB cream in medium/dark but it had a pink undertone and it just looked weird. I could never find a bb cream that worked for my skin. So I stumbled across this bb cream on a youtube tutorial and I'm so glad I did. I bought this in shade No. 27 (I am shade 6 in Urban Decay Naked Skin) and it has the perfect yellow undertone. Bought it at Amazon for $14 + free shipping. I have acne prone skin and it does not cause my skin to breakout. And best of all it has great coverage and gives your face a nice glow. Not to mention the spf of 42!

UPDATE 11/3/14: Excellent coverage, however it leaves my skin very oily. :-(