LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 8/3/2010 5:59:00 AM

Lovely powder, beautiful scent, really silky. I have repurchased this several times which is impressive given the product junkie I am. Sure, it's not Chanel no 5 after bath powder which is probably the best talc ever, but for the price this is the best out there. Great warm vanilla-jasmine scent. Pity about the packaging - could it be any uglier?

on 5/15/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The concept of a dusting powder is very appealing in a let's-get-back-to-old-fashioned-hygiene kind of way but the execution is very messy and impractical. Maybe in the 18th century people wore so much powder all over their hair and bodies that they were used to getting powder everywhere and didn't mind a little more powder, but in the 21st century we spend a lot of time and money getting rid of dust in our homes. The only reason I bought Silky Underwear was because I loved the fragrance and LUSH didn't have anything else with a similar fragrance. I already had a feeling that I wouldn't like dusting powders but I was open to trying something different.

This stuff might be okay for bedtime but it is a disaster for starting the day because the powder will get on your clothes. I wear a lot of black and this is unacceptable. Application is also messy because I have to sprinkle some on my hand then rub it onto my body, all the while trying not to get it all over the floor. I know that LUSH recommends sprinkling some powder onto bedsheets but I spend too much money on good sheets to sprinkle powder onto them. The sensation of the powder on my skin is not unpleasant but it's no more freshening or silky than a good lotion. I think that dusting powders is not a good idea for anyone who is fastidious like me. Powder on skin, powder on my clothes, powder in my bed, powder on my carpet...this all really really bothers me.

on 5/12/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For some reason, all of the Lush jasmine-scented products I've tried start out smelling strongly of campfire to me. I was expecting this to be a bit sweeter and more floral, but I've found that it's really grown on me. It makes my skin very soft and it smells very sophisticated-- perfect for pampering yourself at the end of a long day!
I have two main complaints with this, though. First, the packaging leaves much to be desired. I have the US version of this, which leaks terribly, and shakes out too much powder if I uncover more than one hole. The canister is also a bit of an awkward shape, and hard to hold onto. I would definitely recommend ordering this from the UK site instead, as the packaging is much better. Second, I sprinkled this on my neck/chest area one morning before I put on the necklace I wear every day, and when I came home, the necklace had left a little blackish mark all around my neck. It has never done this before, so I have to attribute it to the powder changing my body chemistry just enough that it reacted strangely with the metal of my necklace. so strange. Those problems aside, however, I've really grown to love this powder. So silky and it doesn't contain talc either-- what's not to love?

on 5/12/2010 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Im so surprised I did not review this yet. I have owned it for 6 months and love it. It is a wonderful warm vanilla and jasmine scent (One of my favourite combinations).

This works to absorb the extra moisture left over by your favourite body moisturizer. However, I prefer to use this as a sheet freshener. I love sprinkling this over my sheets each night. It is so warm and comforting. Very ideal if you sweat in your sleep because it will absorb it.

For me,1 package lasts over 6 months for only $10. My only gripe is the packaging is terrible, it is in a 'Kraft parmesan' can style that leaks (not travel friendly). Besides that major flaw, I still enjoy it and will continue to purchase for the pleasant dreams I get with this. After all, Vanilla and Jasmine are both considered very comforting scents.
Happy Shopping!

on 4/27/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

So after reading the reviews here last year I decided that this sounded like something I just HAD to have. Purchased it, cost me about $30 including shipping, which I could live with if it lived up to the hype. Smells okay, jasmine and powdery, reminds one of an older woman. Does indeed make the skin feel soft but not unlike any drugstore powders I've used. Save your money.

on 3/3/2010 6:30:00 PM

Maybe I don't understand how to use this product.

I was excited to try out a bunch of Lush product ever since a Lush store opened in my local mall. I was drawn into the store by the amazing smells and pretty colors. I walked out with bath bombs, lotions, dusting powders, and cuticle cream.

Since then, I've never bought a Lush product again. I feel that everything is overpriced and over rated. With silky underwear, I tried dusting it on all sorts of places I probably shouldn't have, and it has not done anything really. I've ended up using this powder as shoe powder! Boo!

on 2/23/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When i first got this product, the scent was really overpowering, but it calmed down after a few weeks. I like putting it on my toes after coming in from the snow or the rain. it's VERY softening. maybe i got a bad package, but the little slider thing broke. A bit put off by the price, but i don't think little grains of cocoa butter come cheap.

on 2/5/2010 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

super soft, awesome smelling powder! love it. makes my skin feel incredible after applying. my oldest son even loves it...especially after i give him a haircut. i rub this around his neck and ears so the little hairs don't make his skin itch. plus, it's not girlie smelling, so he's ok with using this "girl" product. so, he gives it a "thumbs up".

on 1/27/2010 8:43:00 PM

This is a staple for me, I am in LOVE with it. I don't sprinkle it on my body or clothes really, I sprinkle it all over my bed sheets at night and sleep in it. It smells heavenly, and ever since I started using it I fall right asleep, it use to take me almost an hour or more, it's a very soothing smell.

on 1/10/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This LUSH powder is an improvement over Candy Fluff by a mile! No sparkles!!! It smells lovely and light and even has a bit of a moisturizing effect with the cocoa butter it contains. My only issue is that I always seem to get this ALL OVER my clothes every time I wear it. Even if I put this on naked and sit around for while, when I put on my outfit, I always end up covered in white powder on the outside of my clothes! It's so weird! Anyway I love this and if LUSH comes out with a perfume scent of this again I will make sure to snatch it up!

Top Rated LUSH Products