December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

People , honestly feel this moisturizes? Am I doing something wrong because this left my skin as dry as the Sahara desert and yes I did apply a generous but not overtly over the top amount.. my skin was smoother when I applied nothing. I woke up to parched , wrinkly , rough skin! I used 100% pure , cold pressed ORGANIC avocado oil.. the only plus side is it didn't really break me out but the texture of me skin? It left it horrid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for many things. On my skin fter a shower, as a bath oil, add it to my conditioner in the winter time to lock in more moisture, put it on dry hair and let it soak in with heat under a hot towel, and I cook with it too. Avocado Oil is fabulous like Coconut Oil with many great benefits. Excellent value and it is good for you, 100% natural without silicones, parabens, etc.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Harleen87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been suffering from pretty severe acne in the last few months and have been on roaccutane. My skin has no more bumps but I do have a number of dark highly pigmented areas that have been left as a result.
I have been trying to look for alternative moisturisers as a result. I saw the reviews and decided to try it out. I am still on roaccutane so my skin is pretty dry. I use this as a nighttime moisturiser since its reasonably heavy. It is an oil after all. It's only been two weeks but I can already see the difference. My face looks brighter in the morning when I wake up. It also feels a lot softer. I definitely intend to keep using this product.

The only downside may be the packaging. Its in a small bottle that is very hard to use. But a little of this product does go a long way. I only need a few drops for my whole face. And there is a slight smell to it as well. Its not the best smell in the world but it's definitely something that can be tolerated very easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried several natural oils to combat my dry facial skin (olive, jojoba, evening primrose) but nothing seemed to truly penetrate and help clear up the occasional dry patches I get on my cheeks, which drive me NUTS. Finally, last night, I tried cold-pressed avocado oil. I applied it to my face after I washed with my Clarisonic, as I would a regular moisturizer. I have to say, I'm so impressed. My dry spots seemed to have just about disappeared and my skin looks dewy and healthy - and it's only been one night. I'm definitely going to continue using this every day. I'm also keen on trying on my highlighted hair - I heard it moisturizes amazingly well.
*UPDATE* It's been a little over a week and I've been using the oil daily, sometimes twice a day. My skin looks FAB. Dry patches are gone and I seem to have an overall glow. I actually stopped using moisturizer and simply apply the oil after I wash my face. I'm interested to see how it holds up when the weather gets a bit colder.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MAO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!! My skin loves this oil. I've been having a really bad outbreak of eczema on my scalp around the hairline and just bad dandruff all over this past month. None of my other oils could ever make my eczema spots disappear.
Two nights ago I tried camellia oil on the rash and it did nothing. It was still red, dry, and flaky in the morning. Last night I applied the avocado oil and this morning there is NO trace of the rash! My hair doesn't even look oily.

I should also note I applied the oil after my shower last night and my skin is silky and smooth this morning, even on the one rashy/bumpy spot on my tricep. Also used on my face, and did not give me any new breakouts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought avocado oil to use under my eyes as I read it was a good moisturizer and easily absorbed. I haven't tried it on my skin yet but I have found a great use for it.

I have long hair and color it often. Needless to say, I am always conditioning my hair and trying new treatments to prevent further damage. Last month when I was getting my hair cut I was asking my beautician if I should make any changes to my color. (We're old friends, she doesn't mind giving me tips). She said she now puts oils into every color mix she uses. She specifically mentioned avocado oil.

Yesterday I colored again with my tried & true Revlon #04. I always need 2 boxes because my hair is long. Before I started I mixed up 1 Tbsp of jojoba oil & 1 Tbsp avocado oil First I coated the ends of my hair any any extra dry sections with the oils. Then i mixed about half the remaining oil into my color. I preceeded to color the new growth ... always a lot to do, my hair grows fast. When it was time to do the rest of my hair, I mixed the rest of the oils into that. When I got to the conditioner stage, I left that on about 2 hours before rinsing out.

This is the best at home color I have ever done. Believe me, I've tried all the name brands. I stick with Revlon because I've always gotten the best color results from it. I think the addition of the oils to the color as well as applying it to my dry ends made a huge difference. The color is great, my hair is soft, shiny and looks & feels like it's in even better condition. I always do a neutral protein filler on my hair before coloring too. But I really think it was this mix of oils which made the huge difference. I will continue to use it this way when coloring my hair. I can't wait to try the avocado oil on my skin next!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made the skin of my face look fresher for a short period of time but it was nothing amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this as an oil treatment for my hair. It's one of the few along with coconut and olive that penetrate the hair shaft and and moisturize instead of just sealing moisture in. I've used both of the other oils and while they work well coconut tends to leave my hair feeling a little stiff after repeated use. Similar to protein overload. Olive can be a bit heavy for my medium fine hair but it's great after a chemical treatment a. Avocado is by far my favorite. It's not too heavy and makes my hair nice and soft. I massage 8-10 drops into my scalp at night before bed and wash it out in the morning. I also add a little in with my normal conditioner. It leaves just enough behind that I don't need a leave in and my hair blow dries bouncy and shiny with no oily residue and much less frizz. I also use this on my skin before drying off after a shower. The water helps spread it evenly and I towel off any excess. The rest absorbs fast and doesn't leave me greasy just nice and soft all day. While it does work well for my face I only use it there when I'm wearing a mineral powder makeup. It's a bit much for my skin when using a liquid or TM. I bought a refined 100% organic food grade brand from my local grocery store for around $12 and transferred it to a pump bottle. I'm not sure if unrefined avocado oil would provide better benefits but this is working great for me so far.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have learned to be very careful with oils and other botanical ingredients because they can do horrible things to my skin. Avocado oil, however, is a product that works fantastically well for me. Lately I've been using it as my nighttime moisturizer every night -- just three drops patted all over my face, eyes & neck is all that's needed. Sinks in very quickly and no breakouts! Just lovely, clear, firm & refined skin. I believe it contains Vitamin A, which would help to explain the refining & firming properties. I have issues any time I try a retinol product but maybe this can give me the same long-term benefits without the irritation? I am experimenting with patting it around my eyes before I wash my face to help protect from the drying effects of water and I think it's helping. I also use this several days a week on my body and rarely have to use any lotion or other product post-shower on the other days due to how moisturized the avocado oil leaves my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought avocado oil for a few reasons. The first one was for cooking. But I ended up just using it solely for my body. I love this oil. In the winter, my skin can get very dry and tight, and this oil keeps it very moisturized. One thing about body oils that I tend to notice is that your skin feels great for a few hours, if that, and you notice the dryness and tightness again. I don't notice this with avocado oil. After my shower, I'd put it on and my skin would feel great until my next shower. My only complaint is that it's a little bit expensive, but I do think it's worth the price.