Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/2/2009 7:48:00 PM

Let me explain my harsh score. This isn't a matter of cosmetics(the color is decent for price), but overall long term skin care. If this was just marketed as a pressed powder for normal skin, I might score it as a three. People with sensitive skin tend to focus on the fragrance part, and after using even harsher face powders, this will seem nicer and you won't notice the problem with it because the problem will creep up on you cumulatively and you won't necessarily realize that the powder is causing a problem. The problem is that this product has talc in it, which can be very drying cumulatively and irritate sensitive/acne skin over time. You won't necessarily notice the drying effect if you tend to wear makeup every day, because you're so used to the drying effects of makeup, you don't spot it. (That's one of the problems w/sensitive skin, there are so many different factors and ingredients playing into your condition that it can be hard to isolate the problem products. Also, when you're young and desperate to hide blemishes, you tend to underestimate the problems of drying out your skin.) But not using makeup daily for a while now, when I apply some, as I did just now, oh yeah, feel the drying, tightening thing. To be fair, it isn't as drying or harsh as some talc products on the skin, but if you're going to market a product for a sensitive skin crowd, don't put talc in it. (I suspect it seems less drying compared to other talc products because of the oat ingredients.) The color is actually a decent one--Ivory for me. I find it's less likely to be cakey if you apply it once before you go out and then do touch ups with blotting papers throughout the day, so you don't build up powder as much. However, when it's a case of an emergency and choosing between lesser evils, this will work in short term, way better choice for sensitive skin than a Coty Airspun because of fragrance in Coty, also suspect higher talc content in Coty(though, actually like the natural coverage of Coty better as a natural looking light foundation, which is why I give Coty a higher score, plus Coty doesn't try to market their product for sensitive skin, appreciate the honesty there). Am really sorry to score it so low because a)the packaging is pretty nice for a cheap product, even when powder is gone, you still have a purse mirror and b)major nostalgia factor for me--remember as a little girl when all the mamas had a brown C G compact in their purses and a C G compact was one of the first cosmetics I ever owned.

on 9/29/2009 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

First off, the packaging is perfect. It's so basic and not fancy that it's the easiest to use. Other make-up brands should learn from this and stop trying to come out with new, complicated, annoying packaging. It even fits in the pocket of my jeans. Also, Covergirl puffs are higher quality then most of the other drugstore brands. I still prefer to apply it with a powder brush, but the puff is nice if I don't want to carry around as much or when I'm washing my brushes. As for the powder itself, it's decent, but it's so cheap that I always repurchase. It can be cakey if you don't apply it properly, which is why a brush helps a lot. I'm kind of skeptical about it having mineral oil, but it doesn't seem to break me out so I should be ok.

on 9/23/2009 12:31:00 PM

I use to wear this powder way back in the day and recently picked this up due to forgetting my m/u bag at home.
I purchased this up for less then $5 on sale in the colour 'classic ivory.' The colour is great at matching my foundation (MAC NC15, L'Oreal N1, Rimmel 100). I use this only as my blotting / powdering powder through out the day. Keeps my m/u looking fresh without caking or looking too matte and/or dry. Love that it is fragrance free too. Recommend this powder for the price and good results I have achieved with it.

on 9/21/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great oil-controlling powder. It doesn't add color really or a heavy powder texture either. I don't use it much during the day. I set my foundation with it and I usually just use it once more before I leave work. It's best to apply this with a big fluffy face brush. Dirt cheap too!!!

on 8/25/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll start by saying I found it hard to find the right colour match for this product. Normally for CG products I am a Classic Beige.. but in this powder only it is almost a bit too light. Other than that, it goes on smooth.. I just wish this was oil-free as well as the fragrance free. Compact is nice and, well.. compact. Applicator included does not work well. I suggest using a brush with this. Overall, this product was alright, nothing special.

on 8/11/2009 10:49:00 AM

It's a decent basic powder. It's inexpensive, and the compact is fairly nice for a cheaper powder. I like that this version doesn't have that Noxzema smell to it.

My one problem with it is that it tends to oxidize on my skin. I end up looking orange-ish.
Going to have to toss it out.

on 7/31/2009 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this product for years. I use it in Natural Ivory. I use this to set my liquid foundation makeup and concealer and as a quick touch-up for when I'm out and about. I will also use it by itself if I'm just going out for a quick errand or don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup. It covers just fine. I like that it's fragrance-free and doesn't clog my pores. I also find that it minimizes the look of my fairly large pores. I definitely recommend it.

on 7/30/2009 7:16:00 PM

i like this product.
i do not wear foundation so i just buff the powder onto my skin really nice. it does control my oil on my t-zone :)
only bad thing is sometimes it looks chalky if u put too much on:(
but overrall it feels ,good on my skin and smooth and it covers some blemishes

on 7/23/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been using it for 2 years now.. like somebody said, it's not great for dry skin (like when my dead pimple needs to be shed, this makeup makes it look worse). But because it's so cheap, I always buy it. It doesn't break me out (surprisingly!) but coverage is minimal.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This pressed powder is good quality and has been a staple in my MU bag for over 15+ years. If you are looking for bargain or just a good pressed powder, this is a great choice.