October 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. Perfect contour shade, blends out nicely and doesn't fade quickly. I don't care for the packaging since I keep it in its original sleeve and have to take it out every day. Price is kinda high but worth it for the amount of product. Beats Nars Laguna and TooFaced Chocolate bronzer for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I feel like I got a dud one. I bought this bronzer specifically because the reviews said it was a cool matte and quite dark bronzer that would be good for contouring but maybe a bit too muddy for bronzer,and that it had to be used with a light hand. And that is exactly why i bought it, I was looking for a contouring shade that would allow me to play around with the darkness of the contour. I was slightly disappointed when even after heavily swirling my contour brush in the product, it showed up to an ok level for contouring and did not allow for a darker contour. I am not even that dark, I am NC20. So even though I get a nice shade for contouring (a tad on the light side for my liking but still wearable), I definitely do not go light handed with this. This can also be seen as a good thing in that I can never overdo my contouring and look like a clown. So pros and cons for me. I wouldnt buy it again because I want to find a contour product that allows me to build the darkness if I want to. This wasnt it but I will still use it up anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A cool, dark, matte bronzer which is excellent when used to contour. The packaging is slim with a magnetic cover which opens up like a book, so no more lost lids/covers. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I love how dark and rich it is, and the simple sleek packaging. This is mostly matte, and appropriate for contouring. I am medium skinned and this does not look harsh if applied moderately. I like this better than Too Faced Chocolate Soleil!
Absolute fave & my HG bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by laureg

TheBalm is a highly underrated brand, imo. I bought Bahama Mama specifically for countouring and have not been disappointed. I don't use this as a bronzer because the color looks dirty on me, but it's not the product's fault, as I'm pale and most bronzers look too orange/dirty with my coloring. As with all of TheBalm products I've tried, the quality is great and the product is very pigmented, so it lasts forever. I'm also a huge fan of TheBalm's minimalist packaging, and find it quite brilliant, actually- slim cardboard compacts that close tightly with magnetic lids, and stay firmly closed. There's no room for the product to go bumping around and breaking up, leaving a mess in your m/u bag. All in all, a winner, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Words cannot express how much I love this Bronzer for contouring. I previously used Nyx's Taupe blush for contouring...but it just looked a little "off". Bahama Mama is a cool-toned brown Bronzer, and Nyx Taupe is more of a grayish color. This Bronzer goes on like butter and stays put all day. It looks completely natural and has zero shimmer. This is my new HG contour Bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely bronzer, but I wouldn't but it again simply because it's too dark for me. I can use it if I use a stippling brush and a really light hand and take my time, but I usually can't be bothered. So honestly at this rate im not going to need to repurchase. I would recommend if you enjoy contouring or have a deeper skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Prettynina

The packaging is adorable and compact. It's highly pigmented so you need a very light hand to use it. I'm of fair skin so the color was way too dark even for contouring. I recommend this for medium to dark skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by bailey17

LADIES!!! This bronzer is perfect for contouring! I have been using it for months and months, and I do not think there is a better bronzer out there to sculpt your features! I use the everyday to cut a line in my cheekbones to help me get that "smiley" look. Add a little blush on top and you will be glowing!

The matte texture is what makes this bronzer ideal for contouring because that is what creates the deepest shadows. The fact that there is not even a spec of shimmer in it makes this bronzer perfect. With that being said, I would not use this a "bronzer" because of the gray undertones I fear it might make you look a little dirty.

The packaging is super cute, but the mirror is not that great.

This is my HG bronzer (for contouring), and I absolutely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This bronzer is perfect for contouring because it has cool undertones (gray-ish). I do not use this as an all over bronzer since this product is cool toned, unlike Benefit's Hoola bronzer which is a straight up brown/bronze color. The gray undertones really help in making the bronzer look like a shadow, instead of looking sun-kissed, which is the point of contouring. This bronzer is completely matte which I LOVE!!! Bronzers with shimmer tend to emphasize any pores/blemishes etc and it almost always ends up looking muddy. Anyway, Bahama Mama is super pigmented, so I recommend only using very small amounts and dusting off any excess. I used this every time i want to sculp out my cheekbones, temples, and nose and it leaves me with a flawless contour which lasts all day long. Will definitely repurchase.