September 2, 2014 | 1193 users online

Eyes - Ardell - Duralash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

These are friggin great. I used PoisonIvey's advice as how to apply with the LashTite adhesive. And these seriously stick, but only if I apply them before going to bed. I'm guess the blinking and oil produced during the day do not make them stay on. I have only used the short flares to the outer half of my eye, but they make my lashes seem so long! They take some practice putting on, it is easier for me to add them to my left eye than my right, and they can go on pretty wonky. But if I open my eyes really wide, tilt my head back, and see from below where they are going, it is better for my right eye. Weird, but that is what works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Every time I have ever tried wearing fake eyelashes, they have ended up not staying put, and looking ridiculously, obviously fake. I have only just applied these, and wanted to come here and rave about them!
I got the eyelash extension kit. It was about $9.99 at Walmart. It comes with four different eyelash lengths, 88 individual lashes in all. It comes with the Lash Tite adhesive, the remover, and small pointed tweezers. My eyelashes are so wimpy that at first, even the shortest seemed ridiculously long on all but the outside corners of my eyes. I started in the middle and worked my way to either side, spacing them evenly, then went back and filled in the in-between. As I went, I realized that the longer lashes didn't look at all ridiculous, so I tossed in a couple of the third length, but the super long ones are all still in the box.
For the first time ever, with any product, it really turned out just like the picture on the box! My eyelashes look as nice as the eyelashes on the model on the box!
Having just applied these, I cannot yet attest to their staying power, but I will let you know how this weekend goes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by vietbeb

Strip lashes looks too obvious and fake on me so I prefer using individuals. And Ardell has the best! I use Duralash Short Flares for the most BEAUTIFUL natural look. About 6 on each eye and I'm set. I use with LashTite and LashFree. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by missymisst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these! I've always felt that my eyes were too small to use the strip lashes and I could never get the strip to align to the shape of my eye very well. I have also been using a combo of the short and medium flare. My eyes are too small for the long, though if you have bigger eyes I think they would be fab.

I made myself learn to use them for my sister's wedding--after practicing on my mom and myself I got pretty good. By the time I got to my sis it went really smoothly. Definitely allow yourself practice time; and I don't mean a few minutes--more like an evening. I'm fairly patient with stuff like this, but I still got frustrated and needed to walk away for a little bit then come back and give it another go.

Application: I have to use a 7x magnifying mirror (for applying for myself) or magnifying glasses (for other people) and tweezers to really get the tip as close as possible to the lash line, then use my fingers to align them to the lash line should they go on a little crooked. PI is right--the adhesive sets pretty fast and it stays like a rock.

Removing: the instructions on the remover box say to dip an eyeliner brush in and stroke across your lashes as much as necessary to remove. This went a little better for me than using a q-tip--the cotton soaked up so much that I kept getting the remover in my eyes. And holy cow, it stings! But the eyeliner brush doesn't soak up so much, and though it may be slower, I didn't get it in my eyes that way. Figured that out by the time we removed Mom's and she said she did not get any in her eyes and had no irritation.

You can also get these at Sally's and it seems like they run sales every other week.

These are frincredible--I can't imagine going back to mascara for a long, long while.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ariela88

This has got to be the best product ever! I took the recommendations of the reviewers and used the Short Flare Duralashes, Lashtite, and the remover. All three products are amazing. I only put about 6 clumps on each eye, and it looks super natural. I've had the eyelash extensions before, and people would often question the real-ness of them. But with the Duralash, no one has asked me. Now I don't have to waste the trip to the salon, and not to mention the hundreds of dollars for someone else to do them. This is the best product ever! The only complaint I have about this product is that when the wind blows, my lashes feel like they are going to fall off, but other than that, this product is something I'll keep using forever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

OK. I'm updating this sucker. I use these all the time- that is, 24/7, they never come off. I use the LashTite adhesive, the Duralash Medium Blacks and Short Blacks, and the LashFree adhesive release when changing them.

So I do maybe 15 clumps per eye, or a bit less. Get the LashTite, and dip the knot of the lash clump into it; you want a little bead of adhesive, just enough to be a bead but not too much. Start in the middle of your eye, and place the first clump. Try tweezers if you like, but I'm happy with just fingers. Place it as close to your eyelid skin as you can, but don't actually touch the skin.

Add the clumps heading towards the outer corners of your lashes, and place them close enough that they don't look weird. The outermost one at the corner of the eye is the hardest to place; if you're anal it may take as long to get that sucker right as it does to do the whole rest of the eye, though it gets way faster with practice.

Then get the short out and do from the middle towards the inner corner- I usually do about 3/4 of the eye.

These go way faster with LashTite- it doesn't need to cure before you set it on the eyelash, unlike latex lash glue.

On me these last until the eyelashes beneath fall out, like 2 weeks to a month. Unless I cry! Then they all fall off. You will have to usually add one or two clumps every few days though, or every week maybe depending.

You must, must, must remove with the LashFree only. Otherwise you'll literally rip your eyelashes out, so NO TUGGING. Do not get LashFree into your eyes, else you will be in the shower washing your eye out in 2 seconds flat. Use a q-tip dipped in it to moisten the lash clumps that need removing, then leave them alone for a few minutes so the glue has time to soften. Rinse and repeat to get them off. I usually come at them from under the eyelashes so I am less likely to wipe the stuff into my eye.

These are absolutely gorgeous. I get compliments on my lashes all the time, and my mom was the only person to guess they weren't mine. They look really natural, and they replace mascara and eyeliner too really. Plus you look fab even rolling out of bed. That doesn't suck at all!

The unknotted Naturals are OK, they don't look much different actually on though and they last a little less well.

I get all my eyelash supplies from http://www.madamemadeline.com. Their eyelash glue is nice and fresh, which is great, and they have tons of different strip styles too, as well as LashFree, LashTite, and all varieties of DuraLashes. And they ship really fast. continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2005 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Allura213

I bought the short black lashes and i was amazed at how natural they looked. I wouldnt recommmend curling them after you've put them on since it permanently curls them and you'd have to toss out. Plus, these fake lashes are a pain in the a$$ to remove. The lash remover stings your eyes if you're not careful. But overall, it's exceeded my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Ardell lashes and I think they are of great quality! I use the Medium Flare Black individual lashes (they are little clumps of about 5 lashes). I put these on after I've curled and applyed mascara to my natural lashes. Just a few at the outer corner of the eyes is a great nighttime look and really adds some drama. I tend to trim the inner lashes after applying them for a more natural taper. Considering the relative inexpense, Ardell lashes are a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Amye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these eyelashes!! Everyone always assumes I have found some mystery mascara and are always shocked when they find out these are fake. After you get used to them they are easy to apply. I do recommend getting the clear adhesive and remover. I also recommend reading the instruction instead of jumping in like I do. START FROM THE CENTER... much easier!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2002 8:00:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these products. I got a set of Medium Black Individual lashes for a Halloween costume a couple of years ago and found them to be quite stunning instead of scary. I fell in love with them and have used several kinds of lashes from Ardell. I favor the individual ones where I can apply 3 or 4 to the corners of my eyes for a pretty daytime look. I do the full strip for a dramatic nighttime look. I found that if I just play up my eyes with these, I hardly need makeup. It's a fun discovery for me.