October 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Maybelline The Hypercurl Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It's cheap- like 250 pesos here in the Philippines. Plus, it's waterproof, does not flake and the wand makes application easy! Even if it is waterproof, it easily washes off with soap and water. It doesn't smear even if I don't use a primer on my eye area. Definitely value for my money! Heck, I like this compared to Maybelline's colossal mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by snowwhitte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have straight downwards lashes, so I definitely have to curl my lashes prior to applying the mascara. It does not hold the curl on the first coating, my lashes wilt immediately. I need to wait them dry, re-curl my lashes (just crimp them on the tips) and apply the second coating. The curl can stay for 4 hours. I dont see the purpose of hypercurl as printed on the tube, it works just the same with the other maybeline volume express turbo boost.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by aneeela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm using this in brown and love how it makes my lashes look naturally defined and thicker. Great for daily office wear. Holds the curl well (I always use eyelash curler to give it a curl boost before applying mascara). It does not lengthen the lashes. This does not smudge even after 10 hours in a hot & humid climate. I have very oily lids and almost all mascaras give me panda eyes but this didn't. It's easy to remove. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm totally sold on this mascara. I was faithfully devoted to Lancome mascaras for over 15 years until I discovered this. My lashes are naturally curly but all my Lancome mascaras make them droop, and I've always been too lazy to curl my lashes. This mascara holds my natural curl all day and if I brush more on the tips I get that wide-eyed look all day. This is also my first waterproof mascara and I'm thrilled I can finally define my lower lashline without any smudging. I just press the wand gently against my lower lashline and I get instant definition! No flakiness, no smudges. Love it. I'm on my second tube now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by kalokairi

Bought this in brown by mistake, but it's a mistake I've learned to love. I like the natural look the color gives my lashes. It holds whatever curl I've done for my lashes sufficiently and gives me a wide-awake look. It doesn't smudge BUT I think I've encountered some flakes in the past... still, I love this. Brush is OK though its size makes me scared about poking it in my eye somtimes. This already comes cheap but can come cheaper on sales. I'd repurchase but this and the Unstoppable mascara make me want to try even more mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by iluvfaketan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm always on the look out for a good mascara and i am currently using this one now at the moment and i quite like it.
Makes my lashes a lot longer and it does'nt clump at all.
A friend commented on how pretty my eyes looked and asked if i was wearing false ones?....so yes it does what it says!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by scarletkisses

Personally I don't really like this mascara a lot. It has pretty good volumizing properties, but length wise I think it doesn't do that much for the eyelashes. Besides, it dried up really fast although I was very careful not to pump the wand too many times. V much prefer magnum or other brands!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by makeupgirl3

I bought this mascara based on a bunch of great reviews. I tried it & about 10 minutes later my lashes started burning. It went away after a while but came back hours later. It did make my lashes look really long and thick but will return because can't wear this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by rinsrevenge

I'm a BIG fan of Maybelline's Volum'Express, so when the Hypercurl version hit the shelves, I was thrilled...

Note I never, ever use an eyelash curler because I'm simply too lazy, but that was never an issue because Volum'Express worked a treat and really gave me fuller, more luscious-looking lashes (and that's what I look for in a mascara, rather than lengthening purposes).

So I'm extremely disappointed with Volum'Express Hypercurl. Should've just stuck with the original version that doesn't make any lofty claims, like curling your lashes up to 75% (or is it 75 degrees?)... anyway, it doesn't matter... Hypercurl CLUMPS terribly, no matter how little I seem to use, the coverage isn't even. I get thick gobs: on the middle of my lashes, on the tips of my lashes. And when I try to correct the mistake, with another sweep of the wand (but I remove the remaining mascara with a tissue first), it doesn't work either. Instead, horrors, it makes my lashes stick together...!

As for the curling claim, that's complete bollocks. OK, maybe an eyelash curler is supposed to be used beforehand, but if the product were that great, you would bound to notice just a teeny bit of curl, right? But there's NONE. In fact, it makes my lashes stick out kinda funny, looks straight yet points downwards. I hate waterproof mascaras, but there isn't a wash-off version, and when this dries, it makes your lashes really hard, stiff and brittle. At the end of the day, this mascara is really so difficult to remove, even with a dedicated eye makeup remover.

I think this is a waste of money, I'm soooooo disappointed in you, Maybelline... if you're a user of the original Volum'Express, please don't bother with this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I feel kind of evil to crack the good ratings, but well, this surely doesn't work for me. It really holds the curl if you used the lash curler. Highly waterproof and smudge-proof too. But then this has a tendency to form clumps easily and note that I always remove the excess before I apply my mascara! It is even more likely to clump when it gets older... It seems to become more liquid-ish. It does separate my lashes but when I look into the mirror, my lashes are separated just because some of them are glued together.

Lengthening? Just average honestly. I have mascaras that lengthens much much better than this.

Volumizing? Yes, it volumizes but nth like YSL Faux Cils, but probably more on the level for Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume and Curl, which is even cheaper, gosh!

Thickening? Maybe if you consider a few lashes glued together count as thickening. Definitely not going to buy again.