October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! After hitting pan on my last loose powder I was tossing up between this one and ELF. I bought both in the end and I definitely love this one more. It's so finely milled and sets my makeup perfectly. It's translucent which is a big plus for me, although I do have to wait for the initial white cast to disappear but that doesn't take long. Oil control is good and I haven't broken out once. Sometimes I dust it on with my ELF Studio brush, but most often I buff it in with my ELF Kabuki. It's less messy and I don't have powder flying everywhere. I find the easiest way to get the powder out is to keep the lid on, tap the sides slightly and remove the lid. This is a very expensive powder (but not the most expensive I've ever purchased (Cle de Peau - I'm looking at you) but a little goes a long way. One lippie off for the unavoidable flash back in photography but will definitely buy again if I ever hit pan.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to have this powder, it is one of my HG products. I use it mostly under my eyes to set my BB corrector and concealer. But, you can use it everywhere. As someone in their mid-thirties, I have a few lines around my eyes, if I use this, it helps fill them in, and blur them out (people usually guess i'm 26, but i'm 34). If you see a white cast in photos you're either using too much, or need to blend it better. I use a Sephora Pro Crease #10 brush to apply. If you want to try it first, or you are on a budget, they also have a travel size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I have dry, acne prone skin and I have no problem using this powder. It sets my foundation and looks great all day. I will keep buying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful finish makes me breakout. Anything 100% silica does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bellahaley

I love this I'm on my 3 rd small one because it cost less and u get more with the little ones. Te packaging is annoying so I poke holes in the sticker to make it less messy. It makes my skin soft , blurs everything, and doesn't look cakey:)!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing that I like about this product is the texture - so fine and silky. This is not, however, a "translucent" powder - it leaves my skin pale, lifeless. Tried to blend it in, to no avail. Too bad, it had potential.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder, i bought it about 2 months ago and iv been using it ever since, i bought the smaller one because the big was was pretty expensive and i heard the small one lasts a really long time. Anyways this power is so fine, it gets into any ridges onto your face and completely smooths everything out, Makes my face look alot more flawless in pictures, would deffinatly recommend this product to anyone whos looking for a setting powder, but if your not willing to spend the price id recommend buying the Elf high definition powered which only costs a few bucks and seems to do the same thing

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora for 30 or so dolars. Once I tried this it made me look extremely chalky and amplified my somewhat ashy dry skin. It didn't match my skin tone whatsoever! I returned it within 3 days.

I don't recommend for anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this powder for about 6 months and I'm truly obsessed! I use it quite heavily but there's still loads of it left in the jar. Totally worth the money. I use it after applying foundation, but before bronzer/blush. It's great for setting your under-eye concealer as well. It helps with smoothing out my visible pores and doesn't break me out at all.
Only downside I can see with this powder is that it isn't great at controlling oil. It doesn't allow you to become super oily, but maybe just a bit TOO dewy after a couple of hours. Other than that - really great product!! Will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out :)