October 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I love the powder it keeps me oil free all day long!! The powder is so fine that it really blends my makeup and it looks airbrushed on. The only problem is the packaging. There is no way to dispense the product without creating a mess!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought the small size from Ulta for $10.

I don't know if I got a bad one or if this product just doesn't work for me. It doesn't set my concealer (it still creases) but it causes the concealer to be cakey. I tried setting my whole face with this and I was an oil slick by midday (if it even took that long; probably oily before then!). It just doesn't work with my Studio Fix fluid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

I would not buy it again since there's no Sephora (not in my country, neither in neighbor countries). Buying it on online makes it too expensive. I may try Tarte one which is cheaper online (compared to MUFE online). But I do recommend it to those that have the opportunity to buy it. Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! After hitting pan on my last loose powder I was tossing up between this one and ELF. I bought both in the end and I definitely love this one more. It's so finely milled and sets my makeup perfectly. It's translucent which is a big plus for me, although I do have to wait for the initial white cast to disappear but that doesn't take long. Oil control is good and I haven't broken out once. Sometimes I dust it on with my ELF Studio brush, but most often I buff it in with my ELF Kabuki. It's less messy and I don't have powder flying everywhere. I find the easiest way to get the powder out is to keep the lid on, tap the sides slightly and remove the lid. This is a very expensive powder (but not the most expensive I've ever purchased (Cle de Peau - I'm looking at you) but a little goes a long way. One lippie off for the unavoidable flash back in photography but will definitely buy again if I ever hit pan.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to have this powder, it is one of my HG products. I use it mostly under my eyes to set my BB corrector and concealer. But, you can use it everywhere. As someone in their mid-thirties, I have a few lines around my eyes, if I use this, it helps fill them in, and blur them out (people usually guess i'm 26, but i'm 34). If you see a white cast in photos you're either using too much, or need to blend it better. I use a Sephora Pro Crease #10 brush to apply. If you want to try it first, or you are on a budget, they also have a travel size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I have dry, acne prone skin and I have no problem using this powder. It sets my foundation and looks great all day. I will keep buying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful finish makes me breakout. Anything 100% silica does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bellahaley

I love this I'm on my 3 rd small one because it cost less and u get more with the little ones. Te packaging is annoying so I poke holes in the sticker to make it less messy. It makes my skin soft , blurs everything, and doesn't look cakey:)!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing that I like about this product is the texture - so fine and silky. This is not, however, a "translucent" powder - it leaves my skin pale, lifeless. Tried to blend it in, to no avail. Too bad, it had potential.