Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

I really like this foundation. The coverage was on the heavy side but sometimes I need it. I wish it was cheaper cause i'd use it all the time. Packaging was no good though

on 4/12/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my first bottle which lasted me longer than any foundation I have ever had (bought in December, just finished now) I definitely liked this a lot, looks very natural and the colour was an identical match. Only issue I had with this was that it was basically gone by the time came home because of all the blotting I do through out the day. Other than that it's a great foundation to try and I even got my mom hooked on it!

on 4/9/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about over a month and I'm in love. First off, let my describe my skin. I have fair-medium (almost medium) skin with olive undertones. I have oily acne-prone skin and also have some redness and acne scarring. I was color matched perfectly at Sephora to shade #123 Desert which is a light with olive undertones.

1. Color selection
The color selection caters to literally everyone. Before I could never find the right shade for my skin & I finally have with this foundation. After raving about it so much, I made my mom test this foundation out too. Though she wasn't crazy about it since her skin is different than mine, she said no other foundation could match her skin as well as this.

2. Coverage
Having acne-prone skin, reoccurring pimples/whiteheads/blackheads, & acne scars, I look for foundations that give medium-full if not medium-buildable coverage. This foundation for me is medium-buildable; a good medium but not exactly full. It covers very well but every here and there some of my acne scars (dark spots) show through. For reference, I use half a pump to a full pump for my whole face. Everyday, I usually only use half.

3. Finish
I would definitely say the finish is Demi-matte which I love. I have oily skin but I also love a dewy finish. When I say dewy I mean like luminous not like slick with oil. Immediately after application, my skin has a very soft glow (I use L'Oreal MAGIC Lumi primer on high points of my face & smashbox photoready (clear one) everywhere else). A couple hours (2) in the foundation really settles and my oil starts to peak through a bit, giving my face a really nice glow. NOTE: I have not applied any powder at this point. At about 6 hours my skin gets slick-like and I apply Stay Matte Rimmel Powder (Silky Beige) and my skin looks great again.

4. No breakouts!
I have very acne-prone skin. Not so much cystic but lots of little whiteheads that sometimes grow into massive under-the-skin pimples. I am very careful about what I put on my face & I have had my fair share of foundations that break me out. Let me give you a list of a few: ALL Chanel foundations, Clinique Stay Matte, Clinique Acne Solutions, Maybelline BB Cream, Rimmel long-wearing (blue cap?). MUFE HD however has not broken me out!!! It's perfect. I wear my makeup literally all day (6 AM-10PM) and I don't break out from the makeup itself.

Tips: The formula is slightly thick so I like to use it with my RealTechniques expert face brush. Really blends everything in perfectly.

If you have any other questions about my experience with this foundation, let me know!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

SA matched me with shade #128. I have red undertones on certain areas of my face, and shade #128 highlighted those areas. Finish looked blotchy. Just now looked at Sephora's website and spotted shade #140, which I think would have been a better match.

Shade mismatch aside, HD fdtn didn't provide the hydration my dry, mature skin needs. My face felt tight and dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation looks amazing in phtographs..It almost looks like your skin is photoshopped, it has an incredible blur-effect..but I don't think that this is full coverage..I guess you could build it up but it won't look so good anymore. One point that I love in Make Up For Ever is that they have a color for every skin tone! I always had difficulties finding the right shade for me. The foundation were either top yellow or too orange/pink. So when I tried this foundation I was blown away. It was EXACTLY my skintone!! PRO: -looks amazing in photos - is very light-weight - looks super natural -didn't break out my skin - perfect match for everyone. CON; - isn't full coverage - won't keep oily skin "under control"

on 4/3/2015 9:28:00 PM

For my fair skin, the N115 works brilliantly. It is full coverage, lasts all day, and covers most imperfections. It doesn't leave a shiny cast, but also isn't drying. Works best with a primer.
One of my HG foundations.

on 3/29/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Oily acne prone skin living in tropical country, NC 30-35, MUFE HD shade 123 perfect match. Other foundations: Maybelline Fit Me 220 (A little bit too dark), L'Oreal True Match G3.

How did I wait so long to buy this? It has the perfect consistency (not too liquidy), coverage and shade! The only foundation that did not melt in this tropical climate! Also, the first SA that got the perfect match for me. Asked a friend who is NC30, and she said she uses 127, so I went to the store trying out 127 and it was too beige, so the SA suggested 123 AND IT WAS PERFECT! Love this! HG forever!

on 3/28/2015 4:21:00 PM

I tried a tester of this off ebay today and totally fell in love......
I had been using Boots no 7 stay perfect in Cool Vanilla, which was a great colour match for me ( MAC NW15/18 light with pink undertones) however it does oxidise a bit as the day wears on. I am constantly hunting for the perfect foundation and i think MUFE HD may be "the One"!!!!!
So, my sample arrived and i thought i would give it a whirl today as it's Saturday and i thought if it was a total disaster then it wouldnt be so bad as i wouldnt have to sit in work all day looking like a freak.
I started off with my usual moisturiser ( simple spotless) as i have acne prone skin due to the medication for my asthma. Then i used superdrug illuminating moisturising primer on my cheeks, forehead and chin- but not nose as i hate my nose going shiny!
Then it was the moment of truth with the HD!!
The consistency was quite thick but the product goes on looking quite sheer at first. It has good pigmentation and the colour match i chose (115 ivory) was slightly lighter than the boots cool vanilla, so for a moment i thought it would be too light. It looked a bit patchy when first applied and i was slightly nervous! But when it dried and set? Oh my goodness what a GORGEOUS finish!!! You can tell that this is a top notch foundation. I set mine with Ben Nye luxury powder in Cameo and i felt like a movie star!!! I used my Nars Creamy radient concealer under my eyes and set it with Ben Nye and wow!!! Nothing fell into my fine lines round my eyes or accentuated them and as this is a problem are for me i was super delighted.
Anyway, this is about the HD foundation. The good points- it has a gorgeous sheer finish that lasts and lasts without going shiny and it doesnt oxidise, change colour or look cakey in any way. It doesnt fall into fine lines and is so sheer that it does actually look like it could be your own skin on its best and most radiant day. In saying that the coverage is still good. I only needed one touch up with the Ben Nye powder during the day and this foundation looked great the whole day. Truly impressive!
The cons- i noticed a few dry bits on my skin round my chin and the total lack of shininess leads me to believe this is not really aimed at folks with dry skin. But it didnt detract from the overall appearance of the foundation which was great. Just be sure to exfoliate well and use a good moisturiser beforehand. Another downside- price! This foundation is the most expensive one i have ever bought! But i am prepared to spend the money as it makes me look and feel so good! ( who can put a price on that?!) lastly, it's very hard to get hold of. If you are in the US Sephora carry it but they dont ship foundations to UK so i had to find on another online shop. I wish it were more easily available.

Edited : the second day i wore this, it let me down big time:( it disappeared off my face, only clinging to my dry patches. It looked beyond terrible. I am heartbroken! :( :( this foundation is NOT for dry skinned ladies. I also broke me out big time. Gutted!

on 3/24/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to try something new, so I went to Sephora to try this out - it looked beautiful when applied and seemed to last most of the day, so I ended up purchasing a bottle. Unfortunately, it broke me out - got a few pimples on my cheeks the second day of using it, which are finally fading now. Otherwise though, it gives a beautiful finish and looks very natural.

on 3/24/2015 1:07:00 AM

This is a fine foundation for some people, but on others it can oxidize and enlarge the appearance of pores. I can't wear it because there's not a shade pale enough for me. I only use this occasionally on clients, mostly when they request it.