September 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by etherealhav0c

I have this foundation in the shade 754 and I have an NC25-30 Asian skin tone that is acne prone/combination oily/dry skin. When I wear this foundation by itself it gives me a very glowy/dewy complexion and doesn't emphasize the dry areas of my skin. It feels really light weight and provides medium coverage. The foundation is oil free and doesn't cause any break outs for me which is GREAT because I have very sensitive acne-prone skin. I can go about 4-6 hours of wear before I have to blot with this foundation, which is pretty good considering the dewy finish this foundation gives.

I took off one lippie because the color match isn't quite perfect on me as the foundation oxidizes a bit on my skin and makes it look unnatural. When I wear this foundation only, it seems to sit on top of my skin versus melding into it to look more like natural skin.

What I have currently been doing with this foundation is using it as a bronzer since it does oxidize a bit. I use the Ishizawa Nanoce Bb Cream to even out my skin tone (which i absolutely looove and it's more matte than this), then use a small amount of this foundation as a bronzer to make my face more glowy/dewy. I apply this foundation with a stippling brush and it looks beautiful. Ever since I started using this as a bronzer people have been flooding me with compliments on how radiant and fresh my face looks.

This really is a fantastic product and if you want that glow/radiance then definitely check this out! The packaging is super hygienic because of the pump and the bottle feels really weighty and sturdy. If you want that natural radiance you can use this as a bronzer/contouring product like me! Less is more in my book :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by g

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

734 is a great match for nc40 and mufe 34 skins. A fab foundation which will leave your skin clear and glowy. It lasts through the day and has good coverage. It looks dark in the pot but on the skin it will blend and light up your face. I have just ordered the foundation sticks from space nk will let you know how I get on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Ritual

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This a light foundation but buildable that if you have your skin well moisturized looks gorgeous.

Here's a little guide:

7XX:NC
    5XX:Neutral
    3XX:NW

764:NC20-NC25
    754:NC25-NC30

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation I'm currently using. It matches my skin well (my shade is 764), it lasts reasonably long on my oily skin (around 6-8 hours) and it gives a semi-matte finish. It's also very easy to apply. Cons of this foundation? it can accentuate dry patches and can look a little heavy. What I do is I sheer it out with a bit of water or I use a stippling brush (MAC 187) to apply it. It's a solid foundation but not HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence about this foundation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that my shade (764) is yellow enough to match my skin. I am Asian and have lots of golden undertones. All drugstore foundations and some higher end (MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique) are wayyy too pink for me. I also love how this foundation gives me a glow and is not extremely oily. The cons of this foundation are that it is not long lasting and I do notice some redness peeking through. After about 3-4 hours, the foundation is almost gone as if I had never applied any. Also, the price! OMG! $44 for this is really expensive considering it doesn't last AND Shu is not available in the US so gotta add S&H.

The only thing keeping me from continuing to purchase this is the shade. It just matches so perfectly that I don't mind forking out $45 bucks +S&H.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as my every day foundation about three years ago, and I even repurchased it after finishing my first bottle. That's a pretty rare thing for me to do, considering I'm a bit of a product hopper. I was obviously head-over-heels in love with this foundation, believing it gave me an "airbrushed" finish with the appearance of flawless skin. However, after I bought my second bottle I began to notice a change in regard to how it looked on my skin as the day went on. I was using shade 164, which two SA's at two separate Shu Uemura counters matched me with. While it initially seemed to be the best fit, I noticed that by the end of the day I would appear almost yellow. Which didn't look too good on my extremely fair skin with pink undertones. One day my sister even said that I "look like a jaundice baby." Yikes. The other main issue was with the flaking/separation/patchiness that would occur after a few hours. In the end, I'm just glad that I eventually discovered MUA, because I was able to learn about foundations that are a lot better than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I have mixed feelings toward this foundation. Pros: 1) the shade 764 matches my NC 25 skin perfectly 2) somehow this foundation makes me look awake and polished. I guess that it is the exact color match. 3) it lasts all day long without touch up. Cons: unfortunately this foundation is too drying for my dry-ish skin. I cannot use this every day since it dries out my skin even though I use rich moisturizers/sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by kailanbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update/Review: I have been applying this foundation with my fingers (and i dont particularly enjoy having foundation fingers :p) but it works mcuh better - there is more coverage and i'm able to get away without using concealers under my eyes (i dont have very dark eye rings but it is there, so some coverage is needed). As with fingers, i find that it gets a bit "thick" so i use a dampen sponge to smooth it out after.
    I like how it looks and feels on my face; tho the coverage i would still say is light. you will still need a concealer for blemishes.

Also i find that it stays longer when i use a tissue to press on my face after my moisturizer/sunscreen. Gossmakeup artiste has some good tips. Below are 2 links :

I will likely try the Shu Uemura illuminating moisture foundation next :p Hopefully it stays longer and has more coverage.
    Tried the Clarins extra firming foundation. There is a light scent to it - which made my nose run :p

------
    Some background: I have dehydrated/dry Asian skin, some freckles, and acne scars,a little redness around the nose, living in a hot & humid country all year round, stuck in air conditioned office most of the time.

I usually wash my face with mild exfoliator (dermalogica daily exfolant), then apply a moisturizing sunblock (loreal uv perfect spf 50 for uneven skin), then the foundation.

I tried different ways of applying this foundation, but best way for me is applying this sparingly (half pump) and spreading it with a damp sponge. Effect is very sheer/light with a dewy effect (not shinny). It feels light on the skin and doesnt feel oily at all. It really looks like "my skin" (ie, without anything on). I have been using this for 2 weeks and did notice that my skin feels more moisturized.

However, the nose and chin area tends to "disappear" after 3-4 hours. It cakes when I use a heavy moisturizer beneath my sunblock, or when I apply it with a foundation brush. Honestly, it doesnt cover any of my freckles nor my acne scars (and i dont have bad ones to begin with - thankfully), and i can still see some uneven patches around my cheek area.

If u have no issues with freckles or acne scars and dont mind a super light foundation which has a dewy effect, then this might be for you.

I will not purchase this again because I would like to try other foundations, but if i had good skin, and dont need to conceal anything, I would repurchase this :)

p/s: I am using Shu Uemura #764, MAC NC 25/30, MUFE HD foundation #127, EL Nutritious intensity 3, Clarins Extra Firming foundation #108.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by misssusanpanyachai

I have slightly oily skin and this was recommended.
    However, it is a really drying formula and shows up all your dry patches if you have any.
    If you have moisturised prior to application, the actual application of this foundation is a bit hard as it is quite thick and cluggy.
    Overall, not a great foundation if you want a natural finish.
    I would recommend the Illuminating version, dont be scared, it gives a dewy finish, which can be powdered over for a matte look.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use NC25 in MAC, but it is slightly too yellow for me and 764 was a perfect match. I love how easy it was to blend with my fingers and how it was buildable and natural looking. What I do hate is that after 3 hours it is melting off my face, the area around my nose looks like a mess and my flaky pimple parts looks worst than ever! This is using primer (Smashbox) and powder (MUFE HD). I read that the Shu-uemura UV base primer helps, and I will update again after trying that...but I'm definitely not assured enough to try wearing this to work again.

I do notice that it does even skin tone out a little, so on the days when my skin is acting its best, I could use this - similar to a tinted moisturizer.