July 23, 2014 | 2002 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mask. The directions say to apply it to a wet face AND mix the product with either water or toner before massaging into your skin and washing it off AFTER 10~15 minutes. :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

it's kinda rough at first but it leaves the skin feeling pretty nice and clean. i especially love the smell.
however i would recommend this for the body more than the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this (have to try not to eat it!) and it not only scrubs, but also has moisturising properties. After scrubbing my face, i leave it on for a while (it's a mask afterall) before washing it off. After usage my skin looks brighter and smoother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a scrub made of sugar and some oils. It comes in a tub and is brownish-black. The particles are not so fine, but not too abrasive either. I'd say the granules give a satisfying scrub. The smell reminds me of Coca-cola, but sweeter. I feel this scrub definitely removes dead skin cells on the upper layers of my skin. My skin is noticeably smoother to the touch after use. However, I find that this product does not really deep clean into the pores, and that is what I like my masks/scrubs to do. If you are concerned only of smoothing the dermis, I would certainly recommend this product given its abilities, and it is fun to use. I wouldn't recommend this to gals who crave for some serious de-clogging of pores.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

I love this scrub! I love the smell and the way it feels on my face. I use it once a week, massaging it gently. It doesn't smell like black sugar to me, vaguely citrus-y but I like it. I've stopped using other scrubs after finding this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by juls429

texture is medium. the korean direction says moisten it with either water or toner. when the sugar disolves a little bit, it works as a good scrub. scent...i found it very synthetic. it was a VERY familiar scent but i couldnt figure it out....i found out when i jumped in the shower this morning. it smells like my boyfriend's irish spring bodywash. -_-

i left it on for 15 minutes as the tub directed me to. black sugar is supposed to be very moisturizing, and i found it so. after i washed it off, my skin was very soft and it didnt feel tight even 10 minutes have passed without toner. after toner and lotion, it feels amazing. i didnt see much brightening but skin texture wise...its a good stuff if you have sligtly dry skin. it sure does get rid of the flakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by gespenstmkii

Lovely product~ The day after I used this product for the first time I got so many compliments about my skin and I wasn't even wearing any face makeup. I don't feel that it's too harsh on my skin but if some people feel this way you can mix it with some water or toner. It exfoliates well and has a slight moisturizing and brightening effect. I have quite a few masks from Skinfood and this is my favorite. Has become my HG mask, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am totally impressed with this product! The size of the sugar granules are perfect for me. It's a true scrub which exfoliates beautifully; my skin is almost bulletproof and can handle a lot of pinching, harsh alcohol toners, you name it; but I think that some people with sensitive skin might consider it a bit harsh. I wet my face in the shower, massage on about a nickel-sized amount in circular motions until the sugar granules dissolve, leave it on for about 3 minutes while I wash my hair, then rinse off the mask. It leaves behind a silky smooth feeling and a thin film of humectants (doesn't feel like residue) which keeps skin moisturised. The scent is great as well! It doesn't smell like molasses/brown sugar, but is a nice lemony fresh scent - kind of like dishwashing liquid, but milder and more mellow. This mask has become my HG exfoliator, and my skin has become much more even and smooth after using this 2 - 3 times a week for a month.

Cons: The consistency of the product is very thick. You'll need to wet your face before applying the mask. No biggie though, as I use this in the shower anyway. One lippie deducted for packaging because I wish it was a simple airtight cap instead of a screw cap. And I wish it came with some sort of spatula for digging out the product, instead of having to use fingers (or finding your own spatula).

This product is definitely worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Used this when I was staying at my best friends house in Korea...she had a tub in her bathroom hehe. Personally I found it too harsh and didn't really notice that my skin looked any more radiant or revived like it usually does when I use scrubs. The scent was pretty nice though. I wouldn't buy this myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

Currently on my third tub of black sugar mask. This facial scrub works great for me, the beads are coarse enough but not that rough on the skin, just scrub gently on a wet face. Gentle scrubs does nothing for me so I am happy with the texture of this. It removes dead skin cells really well and leaves my face very soft after using it. Does not cause any breakouts. Contains rich minerals and vitamin to provide luster and smoothness to skin. I use it twice or thrice a week and a tub lasted me about a year.