October 2, 2014 | 1861 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Got a sample from Skin Food in Korea and it exfoliates really well--left my skin super soft, so I think I'll purchase the full size:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I swore by this product a few years back, but have become a bit of a HE only snob when it comes to skincare. Thankfully, I decided to venture back to some cheap roadshop brands and realized some work just as great (if not better). My skin is recovering from a painful breakout from a HE brand moisturizer but this exfoliator is helping speed recovery up nicely. It's not too abrasive, has a mild scent, and really helps boost my complexion. One thing I'm not too happy about though is that for the price, it doesn't contain that much product. One tub gives around 10 applications, give or take.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I actually have the tube version of the black sugar scrub, called black sugar scrub foam. The main difference between the foam and wash off versions are a) packaging and b) the wash off one you should massage for about 20 seconds whereas the foam is more of a cleanser/face wash you can use in the morning. The grains are nicely coarse, not too much but enough that you don't need to rub hard to get the dead skin off. Smells gorgeous, nothing negative to say about it really. I guess it is a bit pricey, so in a way it is a nice luxury but probably not enough to merit the price tag (st ives is only 3pounds, this scrub is about 15pounds).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Scent is wonderful, scrub very coarse, takes a while to get used to. After gently massaging onto my dry face, stone mill turns into milky colour. Leave it onto your face for 15 min and rinse off.
Face is very smooth after each scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mask. The directions say to apply it to a wet face AND mix the product with either water or toner before massaging into your skin and washing it off AFTER 10~15 minutes. :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

it's kinda rough at first but it leaves the skin feeling pretty nice and clean. i especially love the smell.
however i would recommend this for the body more than the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this (have to try not to eat it!) and it not only scrubs, but also has moisturising properties. After scrubbing my face, i leave it on for a while (it's a mask afterall) before washing it off. After usage my skin looks brighter and smoother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a scrub made of sugar and some oils. It comes in a tub and is brownish-black. The particles are not so fine, but not too abrasive either. I'd say the granules give a satisfying scrub. The smell reminds me of Coca-cola, but sweeter. I feel this scrub definitely removes dead skin cells on the upper layers of my skin. My skin is noticeably smoother to the touch after use. However, I find that this product does not really deep clean into the pores, and that is what I like my masks/scrubs to do. If you are concerned only of smoothing the dermis, I would certainly recommend this product given its abilities, and it is fun to use. I wouldn't recommend this to gals who crave for some serious de-clogging of pores.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

I love this scrub! I love the smell and the way it feels on my face. I use it once a week, massaging it gently. It doesn't smell like black sugar to me, vaguely citrus-y but I like it. I've stopped using other scrubs after finding this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by juls429

texture is medium. the korean direction says moisten it with either water or toner. when the sugar disolves a little bit, it works as a good scrub. scent...i found it very synthetic. it was a VERY familiar scent but i couldnt figure it out....i found out when i jumped in the shower this morning. it smells like my boyfriend's irish spring bodywash. -_-

i left it on for 15 minutes as the tub directed me to. black sugar is supposed to be very moisturizing, and i found it so. after i washed it off, my skin was very soft and it didnt feel tight even 10 minutes have passed without toner. after toner and lotion, it feels amazing. i didnt see much brightening but skin texture wise...its a good stuff if you have sligtly dry skin. it sure does get rid of the flakes.