July 30, 2014 | 1588 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lexy123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well i thought this product was wonderful, it does exactly what it claims to do. Don't put it near your roots though, you wouldn't want greasy hair. I loved it, my hair feels lighter, softer, and shinier than before. The only bad thing about this product is the price. The biggest one is near $54 and the smallest is near $14. If you were planning on buying this product, start off with the smallest one, and if you like it then go up a size. (Note that the small bottle lasts up to 5 months).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially, I was very skeptical of this product.
I wouldn't have purchased it if it wasn't for my 50% discount (I work in a spa that sells it). I got the small bottle and..I like it. I don't love it. But I can totally see why people rave about it. When I wear my hair curly I prefer to use natural oils (sweet almond, jojoba, ect). However, when I wear my hair straight, this oil makes it super smooth and shiny! It smells nice and seriously gives me the BEST shine without making my hair greasy and sticky. I'm going to buy a small bottle for my hair dresser to use when she blows out my hair because currently she uses biosilk (meh).
Knocked of a lippie because of the exorbitant cost and the small bottle should come with a dropper. I mean wtf is up with pouring it in your hands all willy nilly? It's just poor design.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Hmmmm i have a lot to say about this product.. First, to those of you who gave this low ratings because it's not the real moroccan oil, you really need to understand what this product truly is. It's not argan oil, if you want the real argan oil (natural, cold pressed) then go to gardenofwisdom, or mountainroseherbs and get it from there. i bought mine from mountainroseherbs 16oz. for about 40 dollars or so. Anyway! this product is a silicone-smoothing serum. Thats IT. it smooths fly-aways and gives heat protection. --fyi ANYTHING with silicones acts as a heat protectant, silicones shield the hair from heat damage--why? you ask. its primary ingredients are silicones, then a little bit of argan oil followed by fragrant components, and finally a little bit of colorants (no idea why theyre in here though)--stupid idea on the company's part. There's absolutely nothing wrong with silicones, my hair needs them to be styled anyway, if you want the true "moroccan oil" get unrefined cold pressed argan oil. another note, Moroccan oil is a brand you know, (TM)? it's not a type of oil like coconut oil, pomegranate oil, raspberry oil etc. How i use this I shampoo/condition as normal, then i towel press dry my hair. Don't ruffle your hair while it's wet, you'll damage it. I then set up my hair dryer (sedu 4000i--if you're interested in what i use, i set it on lower heat, higher speed, ion button ON) then while my hair is still damp i use about a penny size amount for my hair (medium longish male hair here) and distribute it throughout my entire hair. i blow dry and literally within 3-5 minutes my hair is dry. then i cool shot my hair(ion button off) for about 2-3 minutes, get a tiny bit of the moroccan oil, maybe 7-8 tiny drops and put it where i'm going to flat iron. then i iron my hair straight(GHD pro). i finish with a few drops of shu essence absolue and my hair is ridiculously soft and smooth, tell a friend ! Why i love it Tis' true, this is only silicones and shouldn't be anything special. but the silicones the company used, and the proportions they use in the lab is some sort of perfection. Because i've tried many silicone serums and heat protecants and none made my hair tHiS un-frizzed and soft. Plus this helped my hair stay straight at night, you know those cold nights where you go outside and instantly your hair frizzes and gets curly from the dew in the air. Some people claim that the original oil discolors their hair(blondes) or that it weighs their hair down, thus the "light" version was born. My hair is fine and heavily highlighted and i experienced neither. what i dont like. -the price, this is ridulously expensive, .85 oz set me back 16 bucks, so i guess ill try getting the bigger size 3.3oz for 40 bucks, ive seen an even bigger 6.8 oz size for 60. but who knows if it's real or not. -lack of parabens, yeah i said it ! i WANT this product to have parabens or some sort of preservative in here. why? they prevent the product from going bad, and prevent nasties from growing in your products, parabens aren't bad like the department stores claim. what this lack of parabens means is that you have to use this product within the 18 month span that's listed on the bottle, which is a shame because i can easily see a 3.4 or 6.8 oz bottle lasting me over 2 years with daily use, thus saving me $ and justifying the price of this product. - availability and autheticity, this product is faked quite often, which makes me apprehensive , when i consider ordering it online (i've read many reviews on amazon of fake products being sold to consumers, yikes!) and the moroccanoil website isnt helpful, the mobile (cellphone) doesnt work and the desktop doesnt even have a salon locator like it should i've looked). -Packaging,travel-ability. The package comes in a screw off top, heavy dark amber glass bottle, not very travel friendly. I don't like that it doesnt have a pump either. but it still get the amount i need easily, i can scoop what i dont need back into the bottle with ease. not a huge issue though, i can buy a bump for the bigger sizes. -The scent. yes i know this may come as a shock, since this seems to have a cult following for the scent. but i dont like it, in fact at first i hated it, i just tolerate it now. it's too powdery and musky for me, i want something sweeter and less powdery. put it's not an issue now, i'm pretty used to the scent. -lack of benefits/additional ingredients. I wouldve like to see this with at least some kind of UV protectant like shu uemura's essence absolue or other beneficial ingredients. not just silicone and a little oil. Oh by the way this isn't moisturizing, despite the company claims. remember it's just silicones, so it seals the moisture you do have into the cuticle and blocks out anything from getting in. Nobody ever goes in, nobody ever comes out, think willy wonka and the chocolate factory when it comes to silicones. For that reason, like anything with silicones, you'll need to clarify once in a while so that your hair can readily accept moisture and other goodies for the health of your hair. Constant usage of silicones without clarifying will dry out the hair bc no moisture can get in. Silicones make the hair feel amazing at first but after a while, they can have those bad effects, do NOT forget to clarify. i recommend redken cleansing cream. what i've tried ( Redken heat glide, PM super skinny, joico color endure oil, KS EU, one n only, shu essence absolue, organix ginger oil, organix dupe, proclaim argan oil, chi silk infusion, KS chroma thermique, kiehl's straightening cream, marrakesh oil, and others..) I will continue to try other things i';m sure Despite all the minor things i don't like about moroccan oil, the benefits and things it does for my hair far outweigh it. It transforms my hair to gorgeousness like no other.I will always be on the lookout for dupes to save $ and if i find something better i will let you know !

24 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using and trying out various oils for my dry scalp problem. My hairdresser recommended the Paul Mitchell Moroccan Oil treatment. While the itch has not been solved, this is totally incredible on my hair. I swim a lot in summer and I single process color my hair. Didn't realize how dry it felt till I used the oil a few times! My hair is silky and soft now. So conditioned without weight or residue. Washes out easily. Smells heavenly. Price is high, possibly better deals around. I think this will be a beach staple on my wet hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Jealam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell of this product! Its almost like mens perfume. And I looove mens perfume! But don't let that scare you! Once its in your hair, you wont smell like a man. Im not too happy about that its a glass bottle. Im afraid that it will fall on the floor and brake. Im on my second bottle and luckily that has not happened yet. I always take it with me if I'm sleeping over or traveling, and have only hade two spills. Just remember to lock it and for safety and put it in a zip bag. I use one pump when my hair is wet, and it considerably helps my hair dry faster! I usually just let my hair air dry, but if i blow dry or use a straightener (one pump when it's wet and) I gently take less than half a pump ca from my ears and the tips, concentrating on the tips as a last touch. Its pricey but it lasts a looong time!! But be careful of using too much. Sometimes if I'm tired and forget to put conditioner or I'm empty I just use Moroccan oil. Works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by happydays13

i have read sooooo many good reviews about this, but i didn't get the results i way looking for. i only put a little in and at first my hair was nice but it ended up doing nothing for my hair so i tried putting a little more in but that just made my hair extremely oily. i don't know if i am not using it right but i got no shine and it was only a little soft. Any suggestions?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by annapieface

i love this stuff! i had seen and heard reviews of it and i thought it would help my dry, heavily split-ended hair. i love that it comes with a pump and its easy to control how much product you want to have come out. my hair is medium-long and one pump is more then enough.
it has a nice scent but i find can be a little overpowering when you first apply it, however once you get it into your hair the scent is very light and subtle.
in australia, the pricepoint is $50, which is pricey, yet i can't say that the product isn't worth it. i've had my moroccanoil since mid-february and i haven't even gotten a quarter of the way through, and that is with 1-2 applications every week.
overall, i would repurchase this :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this oil, but that's about it. When my hairdresser first used this on me I was stunned with the results. My hair was shiny, smooth and so damned straight. For someone with thick, coarse, curly hair that puffs up without the slightest hesitation, straight and smooth hair is an anomaly. So I bought a bottle. I used it in the exact same way my hairdresser did, my hair didn't look as nice. In fact, as the day moved along, my hair got bigger and bigger and frizzier and frizzier. But I kept at it. Just couldn't get it working for me. Passed my unfinished bottle to a friend who loves this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Daniizle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing ever. It makes your hair super smooth, the smell is to die for, and the cost per use is fair. I finished a whole bottle and can't wait to re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by slyhng

THIS IS LIKE MY LIFE SAVER! Once-twice a week I would apply this stuff after my shower and it would heal my hair like magic! It makes my hair shine and soft when it dries! Great stuff! It is kind of pricey, but worth the price because it lasts for such a long time! If you use it once or twice a week like I do, it would last about 7-8 months with a simple pump! This was my second bottle, so I love this stuff!