November 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love it! Liquid highlighter is so much easier to use than a powder one. I put on my foundation and with my "dirty" brush apply this liquid cream. It gives such a natural and lovely - and longlasting- sheen. It's also great to mix with your foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Deemand

I've used this product just one day, but I'm already in love with it...stirring to foundation, it gives a wonderful sheen to the face that no other product has achieved.The main thing is not to overdo this product because the end result will probably be very ugly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This is a nice product when added to liquid foundation. creates a good glowing sheen and you don't need much to create this look. HOWEVER it can get very shiny throughout the day, so if you already have oily skin, i wouldn't recommend this product. Apart from the price, it is a nice product, and lasts a long time given you only need a small amount each time

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

I have normal to dry skin and this stuff does not work effectively at all as a moisturizer. I usually put it over my regular daytime moisturizer. I don't really notice a difference when I wear it, but if I put just a bit too much then my face starts to look white! I'm not sure if this goes over foundation or under so I just wear it on days when I don't feel like wearing foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

I mix this with foundation 50:50 to make an awesome sheer tinted moisturiser. It s rubbish on its own, not moisturising at all but try the fdt trick, esp if you have one which is too dark, it works a treat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not created with deep skinned ladies in mind. Leaves an ashy silvery cast that's so unattractive. And at $30, I am returning this to MAC stat.
Dark and Lovely ladies, don't waste your $$$ on this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is NOT a coverup and i wouldnt call it a moisturizer either. Its for a glow. a drop or two in ur moisturizer will give u this beautiful glow. i get compliments every single time i wear it. it will not coverup under eye circles acne scars or anythin else. a couple drops under ur eye/cheekbone area will do the same as a powder or liquid highlighter but it will definitely not cover anything up. and its not good enuff to b worn alone as a moisturizer unless u glob it on then youll look like a frosty disco ball. two or three drops in ur moisturizer is enuff, mayb go back and add couple drops on ur cheekbone to blend and youll really see what the cream can do. i have not broken out in anyway since ive bene usin this. i will definitely buy again and always keep in my makeupcase. In the winter will really give u a nice lil glow, summer might b too much

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't get this product at all. First of all, it's NOT a moisturizer. I purchased this because The Glam Fairy mentioned it in a youtube video. She said that she uses her moisturizer and then this could be used under the eyes to hide dark circles on days you're going without foundation, something about the iridescence and light. It seemed good in theory so I tried it. Uh, NO. This does nothing for dark circles. It creates a weird irridescence, I can't imagine how I could get this to look good? Definitely not for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jacnqt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with Strobe. I expected it to give me that dewey look that lots of celebs are sporting right now but I don't find that happening for me no matter how much I apply or how I apply it. BUT I have to say my skin does look much "brighter" and smoother - my pores and small acne scars are so much less noticeable once my foundation sets- so it's apparently doing something but more along the lines of an awesome primer. So I will continue to use it but I don't know that I will repurchase as I might opt to try something else once I finally run out. *UPDATE* - No longer using this product b/c I started breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by uglybeautiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product delivers what I really think should be called 'glow'. It is not actual noticeable 'shine'; it is the kind of glow that would make people tell you how great you look, even if you just have a bit of concealer on.

Strobe Liquid is rubbish as a moisturiser. I have combo skin and believe me, if I use it on its own, it feels more drying than anything. In a perfect world, the ideal highlighter-moisturiser would be a mix between Strobe liquid and Strobe cream but I digress. This product gives my medium-light skin that pearlescent glow you see in babies' skin: it's there, you can see it but cannot really pinpoint what it is.

What I really like about Strobe Liquid is that you can barely see any shimmer or at least, I can't. I just use one pump for my entire face, spread with my fingers and pat, pat, pat all over, without forgetting the undereye area. If you want to emphasise your cheekbones, this is also great and buildable, which means it is very safe.

The product is quite runny, on the rosey-violet side but not as cool-toned as Strobe Cream. Still, girls with darker skin tones, try it before you buy it since it could look ashy. The packaging is fine, the pump is quite easy to control, although sometimes some residue product can be left in there, thus resulting in some white gunk when you dispense it next. I would defintely buy again when I run out, even if MAC's prices in Spain are beyond astronomical.