April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love this, but I don't hate this shampoo either. I was expecting this to smell more like tea tree oil, but instead this smells like mint chocolate to me. It lathers up fine and my hair definitely needs conditioner after I wash it, but I find that to be the case with most natural shampoos. I don't think it lives up to its hydrating claims, so I probably won't repurchase. Overall, I prefer the Avalon Organics line of shampoos and conditioners because they have more natural plant-based ingredients and aren't as fake smelling.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

unfortunately, this was not the least bit hydrating. in fact, it did quite the opposite. after every wash, my hair felt unusually dry and brittle. i even tried pre-pooing with a hot oil treatment consisting of coconut and olive oil. still dry...i'm talking sahara desert dry. it also made my scalp itch which is extremely rare for me. the smell was its only redeeming quality :( boo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this because I was looking for a sulfate free, paraben free shampoo. It is NOT hydrating. My relaxed hair was parched after using this shampoo and conditioner combination. I was prepared to donate it to a local shelter at my next trip until...

I decided to start using coconut and neem oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. The neem oil is good on hair but oh my word does it stink! I use this as a lightly rinsing shampoo when doing that treatment because the minty smell removes the stench of the neem oil, and my hair does not seem to lose the benefit of the prewash the way that the Ion clarifying shampoo I used the first time in an attempt to get out the smell. This is not hydrating at all, but it is good for this one purpose. I will probably look for something else when this runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jmerritt0822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the WORST shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. It made my hair dull and brittle. My hair was so dry that it was difficult to brush because my hair would break and tangle. I used it for two weeks, and threw it out. Never again.

(I have very thin, oily hair. So, maybe it's just not for my hair type)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo with a few others from the Organix line and this one was horrible with my oily hair. It did not lather well, it left residue, and my hair felt like I had coated it in hairspray (I do not use any products in my hair). I did finish 3/4 of the bottle because for the price I couldn't justify throwing it out. My husband used the rest and it worked well for him.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product during a BOGO Free sale at Walgreens awhile back. Im interested by their sulfate free, natural philosophy.

The tea tree is their hydrating formula. I would say that I love the smell and the lathering capabilities of the formula. At first it was difficult to get a lather going and I would have to shampoo twice but now the trick is to rub and emulsify the product in your hands before you apply to your hair.

The shampoo I feel moisturizes as much as a shampoo can get. It's not super moist but I've never found any shampoo to really do that. It doesn't overly dry out my hair and preps it well for conditioner and styling.

I don't mind the bottles too much. I adore their use of disposable inks for their writing. After a couple of uses you might notice some of the writing on your bottle is gone but hey that is a plus for the environment!!!! Yays!

Overall I would recommend his product to how interested in sulfate free products! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

at first I liked this shampoo but it has turned my hair to straw

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm allergic to tea tree oil? or what but this made my scalp FLAKE soo bad in a weird dry way... had to return to store.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cant understand the Low rating. I love this stuff. Ive used hundreds(literally) of different brands both high and low end, Salon brands and Drug Store too. I have very weird hair,I get build up very fast, acne on my scalp(gross I know) and super oily no matter what I do. I was reading an article about how shampoo can contribute to acne. I was suprised and never thought about it. So I switched to organix because it is free of parabans and sulfates. Within a week, my face was better then it had been since before I was a teen. Not perfect of course. But no more severe, painful cyctic acne, no more clogged pores on my forehead. It was amazing. But thats only the half of it. I havnt had any build up, no more acne or sores on my scalp and my hair is so much healthier. It pains me to think that I could have avoided years of frustration just by switching to a less harsh shampoo. Im not a natural snob either by anymeans, But if your having trouble with the same things, I recommend you give this a try. Oh and also, my hair stopped falling out in huge clumps too. I barely loose a strand or two now!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I second everything positive that all the other reviewers have mentioned: smells fantastic, sulfate free yet lathers nicely, thicker consistency than other sulfate free brands, etc etc. My main reason for loving this product is the TEA TREE OIL. I have a super sensitive scalp (flaky, sometimes acne too, gross!), and skin on my neck/shoulders/chest that breaks out like CRAZY from most other shampoos. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that is recommended for clearing up problems like mine with the scalp and skin, but for me, it's far too harsh to try on it's own. Having the tea tree oil IN this shampoo (& conditioner for that matter) is PERFECT. It makes my hair a little fluffier than I'd otherwise prefer, but that can be easily remedied with a little styling and I'll gladly add an extra 5 minutes to my hair routine for the peace of mind of having CLEAR SKIN! love love love it.
Also, I dye my hair dark/auburn red and I haven't noticed ANY fading. (Though, in truth, I only shampoo once-ish a week for 2 weeks after I dye & in that span I use a salon brand color care line for reds. After that though, this line doesn't cause any fading. Great!)