Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

on 8/15/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Does add volume but clumps and flakes off.

on 7/15/2012 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am such a mascara junkie so I'm always on the look out for a new product that works. Overall, I like this mascara. I've found that most waterproof mascara's do the waterproof job but don't give a good look. This mascara looks awesome on my lashes and it's surprisingly easy to take off. That being said it's not 100% waterproof. It can leave smudges under your eyes if you get your eyes completely wet. Overall a very good product though.

on 7/10/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG mascara!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! I was lucky that this was one of the first mascaras that I tried! The waterproof is so great, it does not smudge at all (i have really oily lids). Makes my lashes look great and long + voluminousness. Definitely a repurchase!

on 6/8/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Its an Okay product. With so many better options in the same price, I wouldn't repurchase it. Not 100% waterproof. I splashed some water on my face and regretted. Even though I have good eyelashes, it doesn't enhance them much. No volume. Can be used when looking for a natural look. Not a great mascara and worst of all it bleeds in water.

on 2/27/2012 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did the opposite of define my lashes. It made it clumpy and spidery. It's horrible.

on 1/23/2012 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The wand gets to my roots but it doesn't get to my outer lashes. And the wand has little spikes on the outside which makes it look like theres a perfect amount of mascara on the wand, but actually all of it is stored up inside the bristles so when i swipe it on my lashes i really have to get to my roots but then it clumps......and one swipe doesn't have an effect. I have long semi thick lashes and i really wanted a clean look but i had to add more mascara to my lashes in order to make it look like i have thicker lashes but the more i put it became thick and clumpy and it stuck to my lower lashes. What i did like is its true that it's waterproof and in the shower NONE comes out. but it felt like my lashes kept coming off and i really needed an expensive makeup remover to TOTALLY remove everything. I would not buy this again. :(

on 12/18/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am giving it a 3 because I'm iffy on this and don't know if I'm just not wiping off enough excess but... it's clumping. I also don't like the plastic bristles on this and the fact that it bends (whoever thought that bending at that specific spot was a good idea should be fired). Right after I bought this I pulled the wand out of the tube and tried to put it back in. Oh was that a good laugh! I got mascara all over my hand. It's horrible to put back in the tube (at least compared to normal wire bristle mascaras that don't bend). Which is why the packaging is a 3. I'm just so iffy on this mascara. Yes it was recommended to me by a bunch of women online because they said it doesn't budge but it clumps like crazy & my lashes are sticky. It might just be worth it to go back to the Rimmel WOW mascara & pay $5/month for that (it dries out in that short of a period of time but stays). So that makes so far my buy-again answer a "no".
Update (12/30/11): While I still don't like this alone, it does give my current mascara (voluminous) extra "oomph". It also keeps my mascara on instead of having it smudged underneath my eyes at the end of the day (yes I have voluminous in WP but it still does this= wtf). So if you want to waterproof your mascara use this over it.

on 12/7/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This mascara holds a curl, is definately water proof and lengthens pretty well. However, it's tough to get off and i feel like it makes my lashes fall out more than normal. For a drugstore mascara it does it's job, but nothing spectacular.

on 10/29/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My HG Lash Stylist was discontinued and this is the closest thing I've found to it. I put my old comb wand from the Lash Stylist kept and it forms a tight seal and perfect fit, and discard the wand it comes with. This mascara is thin but not as thin consistency as the Lash Stylist, but still thin enough to use with the comb. The thin non-clumpy consistency makes it easy to apply 1-2 thin coats and comb through with the Lash Stylist comb wand. I blot the mascara comb on paper before using each time to prevent applying too much product just like I used to do when I had Lash Stylist. It really is waterproof and doesn't flake or smudge all day. I remove with oil-free liquid eye makeup remover on a cotton pad.

For anyone who misses their Lash Stylist and has saved their comb wand or can find a replacement one online I recommend this mascara. You just clean your Lash Stylist wand with eye makeup remover and soap, place in a new tube of Define A Lash (and throw away the wand it comes with) then repeat this process when you need to replace your mascara. It's not perfectly the same but it's close as I've found so far and I've been trying many many mascaras since it was discontinued.

on 10/12/2011 3:20:00 PM

I was really dissapointed with this mascara, the reviews had seemed pretty good. I got this for about five bucks so it was a good price. This mascara is really heavy and therefore dosnt hold a curl so although it gives good length you can't see it. Since visibly long lashes are my priority this dosn't work for me. It's also very hard to get off and MAKES MY LASHED FALL OUT when I'm trying to get it off.The wand is also WAY too bendy. Not happy.