November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by JazMinnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The wand gets to my roots but it doesn't get to my outer lashes. And the wand has little spikes on the outside which makes it look like theres a perfect amount of mascara on the wand, but actually all of it is stored up inside the bristles so when i swipe it on my lashes i really have to get to my roots but then it clumps......and one swipe doesn't have an effect. I have long semi thick lashes and i really wanted a clean look but i had to add more mascara to my lashes in order to make it look like i have thicker lashes but the more i put it became thick and clumpy and it stuck to my lower lashes. What i did like is its true that it's waterproof and in the shower NONE comes out. but it felt like my lashes kept coming off and i really needed an expensive makeup remover to TOTALLY remove everything. I would not buy this again. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I am giving it a 3 because I'm iffy on this and don't know if I'm just not wiping off enough excess but... it's clumping. I also don't like the plastic bristles on this and the fact that it bends (whoever thought that bending at that specific spot was a good idea should be fired). Right after I bought this I pulled the wand out of the tube and tried to put it back in. Oh was that a good laugh! I got mascara all over my hand. It's horrible to put back in the tube (at least compared to normal wire bristle mascaras that don't bend). Which is why the packaging is a 3. I'm just so iffy on this mascara. Yes it was recommended to me by a bunch of women online because they said it doesn't budge but it clumps like crazy & my lashes are sticky. It might just be worth it to go back to the Rimmel WOW mascara & pay $5/month for that (it dries out in that short of a period of time but stays). So that makes so far my buy-again answer a "no".
Update (12/30/11): While I still don't like this alone, it does give my current mascara (voluminous) extra "oomph". It also keeps my mascara on instead of having it smudged underneath my eyes at the end of the day (yes I have voluminous in WP but it still does this= wtf). So if you want to waterproof your mascara use this over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

Definitely, Define A Lash is a good mascara. It's not my favourite one but it has some advantages. You can get longer lashes with no clumps. It does what it promises but no more than that. It could be a good option if you are looking for something good and affordable.
I wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer other mascaras but even so, this product is dependable.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by iheartpandas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara holds a curl, is definately water proof and lengthens pretty well. However, it's tough to get off and i feel like it makes my lashes fall out more than normal. For a drugstore mascara it does it's job, but nothing spectacular.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG Lash Stylist was discontinued and this is the closest thing I've found to it. I put my old comb wand from the Lash Stylist kept and it forms a tight seal and perfect fit, and discard the wand it comes with. This mascara is thin but not as thin consistency as the Lash Stylist, but still thin enough to use with the comb. The thin non-clumpy consistency makes it easy to apply 1-2 thin coats and comb through with the Lash Stylist comb wand. I blot the mascara comb on paper before using each time to prevent applying too much product just like I used to do when I had Lash Stylist. It really is waterproof and doesn't flake or smudge all day. I remove with oil-free liquid eye makeup remover on a cotton pad.

For anyone who misses their Lash Stylist and has saved their comb wand or can find a replacement one online I recommend this mascara. You just clean your Lash Stylist wand with eye makeup remover and soap, place in a new tube of Define A Lash (and throw away the wand it comes with) then repeat this process when you need to replace your mascara. It's not perfectly the same but it's close as I've found so far and I've been trying many many mascaras since it was discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really dissapointed with this mascara, the reviews had seemed pretty good. I got this for about five bucks so it was a good price. This mascara is really heavy and therefore dosnt hold a curl so although it gives good length you can't see it. Since visibly long lashes are my priority this dosn't work for me. It's also very hard to get off and MAKES MY LASHED FALL OUT when I'm trying to get it off.The wand is also WAY too bendy. Not happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this mascara does exactly what it promises. defines, curls, separates and thickens. it does the job really nicely for me on a daily basis with my heavy, straight lashes. a lot of mascaras do absolutely nothing for my eyelashes because of how straight and heavy they are, that's why i really like this.
a few other things, are that it is really black, it really is waterproof, the plastic bendy brush and bristles really get into the roots of the lashes and it creates and holds a curl really nicely even when i've done a sloppy job of eyelash curling. this is really buildable too.
i also really love the bright green tube, as it helps me find it easier and is nice and cheerful :)
would continue using.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by suzanne1993

I swear by this product, I love it so much! I've had quite a few people tell me my lashes look so long when I'm wearing it which makes me so happy :)

So, I like this because it gets right into the roots of your lashes. And I like the super bendy wand (I know some people don't) but this helps get right to the roots more easily.

It's great for people who wear contacts or glasses because the mascara does not run into your eyes and it stays on really well. This makes it a bit harder to get off at night but it's not too bad. I'd rather have a mascara that lasts all day anyway.

Only problem for me is the price. It's now priced at 8 in the UK when I first got it for like a fiver. I have tried other maybelline mascaras for 5 and they are rubbish compared to this. So it's worth paying the couple of pounds extra. And it lasts me quite a while!

This is definitely my favourite mascara. I have gone to repurchase but superdrug are only selling the normal one at the moment and I really want the waterproof so I'll see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Jaxx20x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recently on a mascara trying mad binge, once upon a time I had amazing long lashes and after Bearing child a lot of my lashes had fallen out and become brittle, and I had also changed my mascara a lot of times and couldn't remember which one I used to use. Currently using a maxfactor max mascara (which was ok, but just ok) I made the stupid mistake of talking to a clinque lady who talked me into a 'great mascara' that was 15!!! It wasn't great. I stumbled upon define - a- lash whilst in a cheap makeup shop and I was literally stood there thinking this seems familiar, the Bright green packaging and I remembered it was this I used to use. I had long given up hope of my lashes ever looking like they used to but WOW. I have rated this mascara well because it deserves it. I curled my lashes once and applied a few coats and each lash was long, well defined, with some volume. (there is a volume version of this for all those who want volume) I was amazed and so stupidly happy that I had my old lashes back!!!!! And all for 3.99!!! It's also avaliable on eBay just as cheap. I bought waterproof because I've been told it holds a curl better than regular, I haven't found this to be true but this mascara holds my curl all day, after tears and rubbing it didn't budge and the only con to this mascara is that its bloody hard to get off in waterproof so I will be buying the non waterproof! But I love it ! For all those that love a defined long lash (not super curly) I would recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by johanneo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The perfect mascara that separates and lengthens my lashes! But after a swim all the volume is gone.. - DISAPPOINTED!